Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

22 hours ago, West 77 said:

The pandemic is most likely to be the main why there has been a collapse in schools trips to the UK post Brexit.

Wrong!

22 hours ago, altus said:

No, it hasn't stopped them going to other EU countries as an alternative.

Correct!

Dover could see 17-mile tailbacks due to new EU checks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59406704

"An increase in two minutes processing for each lorry would lead to a 17-mile delay at the Dover border"

Edited by Magilla

Northern Ireland least affected by Brexit, according to the ONS.

Is the reason behind Frosty’s insistence on triggering Article 16 of the N.I. Protocol getting clearer yet? 😉

Brexit fears hold back US-UK trade deal:

https://www.ft.com/content/608e5634-9894-449d-9a09-4f903f0e7169

"In a communication seen by the Financial Times, a US commerce department official stated that talks with the UK on easing metals tariffs could not move ahead.

The official cited US concerns at British threats to trigger Article 16"

On 22/11/2021 at 13:09, West 77 said:

More jobs for British workers is a Brexit positive.  There is nothing bad about British workers having the opportunity to work both more hours and having more choices where they can find work.

Who says that satire is dead!

Gammon Shortage Likely With Just 'Tens' Of Butchers Due To Arrive In Early December (politicshome.com)

On 05/12/2021 at 00:53, Mister M said:

Subject to whatever travel-restricting curveballs Covid could still throw up before then, we’re coming over for Christmas with family, so I’m accepting orders.

Cash on collection from near Jct.31, available Dec.23, items will have been bought less than 24h previous, and safely stored in sealed hamper with ice packs. Limited room available, so get your order in early 😁

Edited by L00b

Timely notice to thread readers with EU suppliers, EU customers and/or sending anything to the EU (eg to friends & relatives).

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/less-than-a-month-until-full-customs-controls-are-introduced

3 weeks to go until full customs controls are introduced.

Edited by L00b

On 06/12/2021 at 16:08, L00b said:

Subject to whatever travel-restricting curveballs Covid could still throw up before then, we’re coming over for Christmas with family, so I’m accepting orders.

Cash on collection from near Jct.31, available Dec.23, items will have been bought less than 24h previous, and safely stored in sealed hamper with ice packs. Limited room available, so get your order in early 😁

Forget the food.Bring me 400  Cigs please.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Forget the food.Bring me 400  Cigs please.

Any booze to go with that, for drowning your sorrows? 😉

35 minutes ago, L00b said:

Any booze to go with that, for drowning your sorrows? 😉

No just humble pie to give to my  Brexit mates

Le French fishermen are threatening to go ahead with a pre-Christmas blockade of British goods entering Calais.

UK and EU settle fishing row but French fishers vow to go ahead with blockade

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/dec/12/france-drops-threat-of-trade-war-over-post-brexit-fishing-rights

Paris, London and Brussels have dropped talk of a trade war and appeared to settle a dispute over post-Brexit fishing licences, but angry French fishers threatened to go ahead with a pre-Christmas blockade of British goods entering Calais.

The European Commission and the French government signalled satisfaction with the result of an intensive fortnight of negotiations as the UK and Channel Islands governments agreed to issue 83 more operating licences before an EU deadline.

The offer did not fully meet the demands of Emmanuel Macron’s government, however, and fishers in Brittany said they would go ahead with a planned blockade of Calais on 23 December.

French vessels imposed a similar blockade at Calais, described at the time as a warning shot, in November. A vessel run by DFDS, a Danish shipping company, and a P&O ferry were forced to wait outside the port, the biggest entry point to the continent for British goods.

I remember the good old days, when we were still members of the EU and we could simply bung the EU another few £billion to distribute to the French farmers and smooth things over.

I wonder if those Royal Navy warships that Pretty Stupid has threatened to sink migrant boats with will be used to break the blockade?