Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

As my grandma used to say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Indeed!

You refused that drink, and now we have a load of entirely predictable results! :hihi:

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I'm just trying to give the anti Brexit mob that post here the heads up.  These types who post here look embarrassing, childish and petty to normal people reading this thread. tinfoilhat's latest contribution is a good example.  He's misunderstood the difference been agreeing to a trade deal in principle and signing the said trade agreement.

As my grandma used to say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Fair enough. I mean we're trying to pull out of a deal we have actually signed so not having signed one thats already no longer agreed is a step forward. 

It doesn't seem far off though which is good, although alot of those in the farming sector have warned they may be undercut by cheaper imports.

Pity some of the big farming regions were heavily in favour of Brexit.

Interesting comments about immigration from the Australian trade minister as well.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm just trying to give the anti Brexit mob that post here the heads up.  These types who post here look embarrassing, childish and petty to normal people reading this thread. tinfoilhat's latest contribution is a good example.  He's misunderstood the difference been agreeing to a trade deal in principle and signing the said trade agreement.

Thanks for the “heads up” from an ostrich with his head firmly stuck in the sand.

We have to rely on you to provide the beneficial consequences of Brexit because bouncing Boris and his original band of Brexit supporters can only claim that Brexit was done.

There is not a single benefit evident so far or visible in the future .

A Brexit Deal was negotiated in principle,signed by 31st Dec as required by Johnson and Frost is already in the process of reneging because of the damage to so many aspects of British life.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

You still continue to scribble  embarrassing anti Brexit nonsense.  It's normal for negotiators to agree on deals such as trade deals then for the legal teams to sort out the contract or treaty to be signed afterwards.  Unlike the Brexit deal there is no time limit for signing the UK/Australia trade deal.  Regarding the Withdrawal Agreement with the EU the Northern Ireland protocol has provisions for changes to be  made which were always likely to happen when the agreement was signed.   Both parties had the option to trigger article 16 unilaterally which seems less likely to happen  now with the EU agreeing to make  common sense changes to the Northern Ireland protocol.  The big advantage of the Northern Ireland protocol over the Backstop arrangement rejected by Boris is the sovereign UK government  have the freedom to take action if it's in our own country's interest or any part of the UK's interest to do so. 

As I previously stated it's now time to lock this thread because Brexit is now history and the anti Brexit mob nitpickers / doom and gloom mob are an embarrassment for the Sheffield forum. 

The consequences are ongoing you idiot.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

As I previously stated it's now time to lock this thread because Brexit is now history and the anti Brexit mob nitpickers / doom and gloom mob are an embarrassment for the Sheffield forum. 

Unfortunately you can't demand a thread gets shut down because you don't like the topic being discussed, so until the mods decide to lock it down you either need to pack in your whinging or stop reading the discussion.

26 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Might I offer you a bit of advice Mr West?

Much like the pro-cycling, pro-council and anti-Government brigade, the anti-Brexit mob on here will always have the last word.

No matter how good an argument you put up, you will always be defeated by the sheer numbers of people who have more than enough time on their hands and little else to do.

And what does all this petty squabbling achieve? Absolutely nothing! :roll:

It's best to leave them to it, and like many of us, just pop in once in a while and have a good old giggle at some of their mutterings! :)

22 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Much like the pro-cycling, pro-council and anti-Government brigade, the anti-Brexit mob on here will always have the last word.

No matter how good an argument you put up, you will always be defeated by the sheer numbers of people who have more than enough time on their hands and little else to do.

It's best to leave them to it, and like many of us, just pop in once in a while and have a good old giggle at some of their mutterings! :)

👍👍👋👋

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm just trying to give the anti Brexit mob that post here the heads up.  These types who post here look embarrassing, childish and petty to normal people reading this thread.

No - you're just embarrassed by the way brexit is turning out and don't want people reminding you about it.

We all know exactly what your reaction would be if brexit was going really well and someone who voted remain called for a thread detailing it successes to be closed. People are just giving you the respect you'd give someone who called for a thread to be closed under those circumstances.

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Once in a while? You must be one of the more regular posters on this forum.

Much like arguments against Brexit on here have no impact in the real world, the ranters against bike lanes and cyclists delaying drivers have no impact outside this bubble. Its a forum for discussion and putting across opinions, nobody is expecting the world to change because of it.

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

:hihi:

37 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm not demanding anything or whinging about anything.  The truth is I enjoy reading  and find amusement at the ramblings of the anti democratic / anti democratic mob who post here daily because it makes the victory of leaving the EU even more sweeter.  I'm just looking at the bigger picture for the Sheffield Forum and don't think the comedic scribbles of the anti Brexit / anti democratic and anti Tory mob are likely to encourage normal looker ons who read the discussions to join the forum and contribute.

And how long are you going to continue whinging about a democratic choice your own people made?

Have you any plans to have "still suffering the consequences of Brexit" on your headstone?

You literally asked for the thread to be locked. I'm not whinging about a vote, I'm showing the consquences. As for having "still suffering the consequences of brexit" on my headstone, I hope we'd have worked through them by then, but then again I am an optimist. Stop running the country down.