Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, RJRB said:

So now butchers can get a 6 month visa to work in the U.K.

As we always knew,we need workers across the board and it will be easier for semi skilled workers to come here than the higher skilled who must satisfy a points system.

Trouble is there will be few takers having already been told that they are not welcome when we got Brexit done.

Maybe the lorry drivers can pick up the hitch hiking butchers en route from Poland.

It’s all getting a bit embarrassing for the Brexit bunch, isn’t it?

2 hours ago, sibon said:

It’s all getting a bit embarrassing for the Brexit bunch, isn’t it?

It only seems that way for those who enthusiastically swallow the doom-mongering the press spew out.

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, Caswall said:

It only seems that way for those who enthusiastically swallow the doom-mongering the press spew out.

Careful now. 

That might be all that you get for Christmas Dinner.

Doom mongering and sprouts. You should put that on the side of a bus. 

Edited by sibon

9 minutes ago, Caswall said:

Yeah you tell em :rolleyes:. Them bloody foreigners coming over and taking our jobs.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Yeah you tell em :rolleyes:. Them bloody foreigners coming over and taking our jobs.

Or not, as the case may be

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Careful now. 

That might be all that you get for Christmas Dinner.

Actually, I beg to differ.  My exports to the EU have increased significantly over the last 18 months - I look forward to a bountiful Christmas dinner, maybe even a pudding.

Inter-company movements are no more complicated than they were pre-Brexit, requiring no more paperwork than before.  Since the broad roll-out of IOSS in July, retail transactions (which were for a few months admittedly a little more time-consuming) are now no more difficult than they were pre-Brexit.

Trade is happening, the UK is still on track to be the fastest growing economy of 2022, and the pound is strong.

We've been short of HGV drivers for years, it's only now that the press are making that issue seem like a crisis. 

Better still, I have a navy blue passport.

Brexit doom prophesies were no more substantial than the Millennium Bug.

13 minutes ago, Caswall said:

Actually, I beg to differ.  My exports to the EU have increased significantly over the last 18 months - I look forward to a bountiful Christmas dinner, maybe even a pudding.

Inter-company movements are no more complicated than they were pre-Brexit, requiring no more paperwork than before.  Since the broad roll-out of IOSS in July, retail transactions (which were for a few months admittedly a little more time-consuming) are now no more difficult than they were pre-Brexit.

Trade is happening, the UK is still on track to be the fastest growing economy of 2022, and the pound is strong.

We've been short of HGV drivers for years, it's only now that the press are making that issue seem like a crisis. 

Another Brexit consequence denier. I could learn your job in a month tops.

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

Nonsense, there's loads more paperwork. Sending stuff to Dublin was no harder than sending stuff to Dudley. Loads more to do now, restricted services with couriers as well.

Link for the 2022 growth would be nice and your blue passport is made in France.

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

I guess having a GSOH helps especially with you being French.

It certainly helps to keep a conversation going with you. And a bonus is that we all get to see your prejudices loud and clear, in case there was any doubt.

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

So now butchers can get a 6 month visa to work in the U.K.

As we always knew,we need workers across the board and it will be easier for semi skilled workers to come here than the higher skilled who must satisfy a points system.

Trouble is there will be few takers having already been told that they are not welcome when we got Brexit done.

Sorry RJRB, but GB will not be getting EU27 butchers, anymore than it will get EU27 drivers, nurses, vets, (…)

Very many workers, bar probably the seasonal type, have families they want to be near/with. 

Which worker is going to bother shifting their family to GB for 3 or 6 months?

To take up jobs that pay no better than equivalent jobs in the EU with zero strings attached?

In a country now long and widely painted on the Continent, as run by xenophobic clowns who enjoy popular support? (PolPot Patel’s project of an extra-judicial amnesty for HMBF staff accidentally killing boat people during pushbacks, went down really well on this side of the Channel).

GB has been written off from that perspective, I’m afraid. Which explains the 27 HGV applications (since confirmed as translated into a grand total of 20 actual drivers).

@L00b As I said,there will be few takers but thanks for the lengthier reasons

11 hours ago, Caswall said:

If you're deliberately not looking, otherwise... not so much :?

1 hour ago, L00b said:

GB has been written off from that perspective, I’m afraid. Which explains the 27 HGV applications (since confirmed as translated into a grand total of 20 actual drivers).

Some of the media report the figure of 127

When the economy has recovered in 2023/24 and wages are higher, perhaps all of this will be forgotton? The Tories really have a powerfull media, if they can keep/get them on their side, it may work.

In the meantime, the IMF are forcasting the UK to be the bottom of the G7 and 3% being in growth.

https://www.ft.com/content/af12d4aa-0a3e-4758-83c4-0c4070b504fb