Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

You have got to laugh haven’t you.

So called Project Fear was always based on logic and reality

9 hours ago, geared said:

Seems like half the country is out demonstrating in support of the EU, so can't very much see that happening.

Did we not have rather a lot of hysterical folk campaigning to remain here in Britain?

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

Did we not have rather a lot of hysterical folk campaigning to remain here in Britain?

Mostly after they lost the vote tho I seem to remember.

This is a great bit of television, Brexiteer gets angry and calls the EU spiteful against the UK, (even though the rest of the world is also going to have to pay this charge to enter the EU, not just the UK). 

On 11/10/2021 at 19:40, Caswall said:

I think most SF members have remained in Britain 😎

AFAIK only L00b and myself have moved to the EU.

On 11/10/2021 at 14:39, Magilla said:

wdrq2vju1k961.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

9fo0rxhfw7q71.jpg

Apparently the Express ran 29 stories between May and November last year with the headline starting "EU on the brink"..................

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Apparently the Express ran 29 stories between May and November last year with the headline starting "EU on the brink"..................

And I bet you can correlate each one to the date, in these ‘consequences’  thread.

Just had to cancel a couple of forthcoming visits by friends from the UK this morning. No Brits allowed into Luxembourg until 31.12.21, other than for essential travel. Covid reasons of course, but the third party status of the UK due to Brexit plays its own role (since UK not integrated into EU vaccine recognition scheme, unlike others).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ports-congestion-hgv-drivers-maersk-ships-b1936927.html

This is another one of these multi-factor crises made vastly worse by Brexit. Long announced, and now panning out exactly as forecast. It will go worse yet, once enough of the logjam ripples all the way up to manufacturers, wherein these stop accepting export orders to the UK en masse because they can’t get orders delivered.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, West 77 said:

It looks like finally the EU are starting to behave more rational and sensible regarding the Northern Ireland protocol.  This is only happening as a consequence of the sovereign UK government showing they are not prepared to take nonsense from the EU post Brexit.

I think you’ll find that they are gently outmanoeuvring the Kippers in charge of our “government “.

But, let’s see how this one plays out, eh.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I think you’ll find that they are gently outmanoeuvring the Kippers in charge of our “government “.

But, let’s see how this one plays out, eh.

Brexiters don’t do details, they are self-sentencing to remain forever confused about what line to take, whereby they track the latest propaganda line for emotional safety.

Right now, the NIP proposals represent a humiliating concession by the EU, hence total victory for the government. 

In due course, rest assured that these latest NIP proposals shall be deemed insultingly inadequate, as addressing none of the key issues.

Rinse-repeat, it’s the schrödinger-esque Story of Brexit(tm) of the last 5 years 🙃

In the meantime, the EU tabled some minor tweaks of the NIP implementing regs (not the NIP itself, which isn’t up for reneg as everyone knows well) for NI people, not for London people. There’s a few reciprocal strings attached to these proposals, to be given by the UK, for those interested.

These proposals have been very welcomed by the NI business community, because it puts them at still more of a competitive advantage relative to English businesses, than they already were.

So it really doesn’t matter how the tabloids ‘sell this’ to Brexiters, so long as it keeps NI both in the SM and in peace 😉

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I'm not aware of any leave voters doing propaganda or claiming this is humiliation for the EU.  The EU and the anti Brexit mob shamefully used the Northern Ireland situation to try and prevent the democratic choice the British people made from being implemented.  The EU tried to make leaving their organisation as difficult as possible mostly in order to prevent other nations following the British lead.  Now that Brexit has been done it makes sense for the EU to behave more reasonable regarding the Northern Ireland protocol.  I welcome the EU behaving more maturely.

Sure, West, sure.

Oh, riddle me this, then: now that Brexit has been done…why does the UK still have a Brexit Minister like Lord Frost? 🤔

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Lord Frost is no longer the Brexit Minister because Brexit has been done. Lord Frost's new job is concerned with the future post Brexit relationship with the EU.  It's to be hoped one day, Loob you will soon behave in a more mature way.  Unlike the anti Brexit mob in the UK your behaviour is understandable given the fact you're French and have a chip on your shoulder.

🤣

(you forgot about my GSOH 😘)

So now butchers can get a 6 month visa to work in the U.K.

As we always knew,we need workers across the board and it will be easier for semi skilled workers to come here than the higher skilled who must satisfy a points system.

Trouble is there will be few takers having already been told that they are not welcome when we got Brexit done.