Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

11 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Intel's €80bn European chip plant investment plan not bound for UK because Brexit

https://www.theregister.com/2021/10/07/intels_80bn_european_chip_plant/

Exactly what Boris wants.

British business can now invest in our own high tech chip plant paying high earnings to its employees.

Thats the theory and aspiration isn’t it?

Meanwhile our established businesses and services go down the tube.

The perfect storm.Gung Ho Boris leads the charge of the lightweight brigade.

And I know that each of you had to check because I've run that experiment face-to-face a hundred times or more and not one single person could answer without checking. You can't even have an honest debate on these things. 

21 minutes ago, Tony said:

And I know that each of you had to check because I've run that experiment face-to-face a hundred times or more and not one single person could answer without checking. You can't even have an honest debate on these things. 

Could the problem be repetitive keyboard injury, in which your keyboard keeps making the same point over and over?

#prayfortonyskeyboard

.. and face to face, how many duplicates were there amongst your 'hundred times or more'?

Edited by Carbuncle

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I would have had to check but really didn’t see the point.I would only vote for a candidate who supported our membership of the EU in its broadest terms and totally despised Farage and those who supported his campaign to destroy from within.What a joke and an embarrassment!

Week by week we witness the reckless folly of the Brexit vote which was won on the back of immigration.How many U turns must our ministers perform in their efforts to maintain some credibility.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

There never was one.

Brexiteers always followed a belief (sunlit uplands, to simplify).

Remainers always followed facts (status quo prior to Brexit, to simplify).

It was, and in many respects still is, a dialogue of deafmutes.

But I note that only one side is getting continually surprised (and/or outraged, and/or etc.) about the factual consequences of the thing and continually seeking excuses (and/or scapegoats, and/or etc.)

😉

4 hours ago, Tony said:

Multiple people replied to your posts asking about democratic deficit buy you studiously ignored them because the democratic deficits they pointed out weren't the one were thinking of. As for knowing who our MEPs were, the Yorkshire and Humber region had UKIP MEPs. How many UKIP MPs did the Yorkshire and Humber region ever have? Which out of the EU and UK parliaments do you think had the bigger democratic deficit?

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Neurone overload?

I can do simpler still, just ask 😘

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Fingers in ears going nerr nerr not listening

On 08/10/2021 at 08:59, L00b said:

In the hope of finally making some point about some ‘democratic deficit’, no doubt.

Which a little ironical, considering Tony’s insistence on moving on, now that Brexit is ‘done’.

Meanwhile, back to consequences. Investors started dumping GB gilts this week.

Ooh, we can @ people now, that is a nice feature, well done SF! 

So, @Tony, how about it. We were having a nice start to a well-balanced debate. I challenged a Brexit supporter (any) to name the many advantages of Brexit and you declared that democratic deficit was an excellent reason for Brexit. Just a gentle reminder (again, I am sure you recall the previous one) for you to explain about this democratic deficit point. Just saying people can't name their MEP doesn't really cut it mate, I don't see that as a democratic deficit, because if it is, local councils might as well pack up and become autocratic. 

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

Her you are Tony.

Get your teeth into this article.

https://fabians.org.uk/the-democratic-deficit/

Quote from the article:   "Given that EU legislation, one way or another, affects virtually every area of law and policy,"

If there is a democratic deficit as posited then the Labour Party (or other) at the next election could campaign on the issue, or, if in power could amend the legislation, at least without having to consult Brussels.

Edited by carosio