Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 hours ago, Tony said:

You all just proved my point. None of you took the time to listen to the HGV drivers. No effort at coming to an understanding, just repeating your own prejudices.

You failed to answer my question.

If you think the shortage is due to Brexit and its a good thing. Then its rational to assume that the same outcome could happen in other job roles, nurses, hospitality, doctors, dentists, midwifes, archetects, vets, construction workers, the list is endless.

So we will have staff shortages in hospitality, NHS, construction and the list goes on. How is the NHS going to recover from COVID and dentists services improve with a shortage of workers?

Edited by El Cid

2 hours ago, Tony said:

You all just proved my point. None of you took the time to listen to the HGV drivers. No effort at coming to an understanding, just repeating your own prejudices. 

We can start again with my other question to wit the democratic deficit. Who were your MEPs, the party and what they broadly stand for in EU governance terms?

None of you know the answer. None of you. Not one because you're all Googling it right now just so you can come back here to prove a point you don't actually know anything about in order to reinforce your prejudices. The Continuity Remain arguments are built on the simplest but most egregious lies. Move on folks, it's happened, accept it.

Literally been listening to actual lorry drivers (I'm looking at one, right now) and this chap here.

https://theloadstar.com/what-goes-into-an-average-shift-driving-a-lorry/

Not all brexit - as many are saying - but its defying drivers, transport managers and industry experts to suggest brexit has had nothing to do with our current driver shortages.

5 hours ago, El Cid said:

You failed to answer my question.

If you think the shortage is due to Brexit and its a good thing. Then its rational to assume that the same outcome could happen in other job roles, nurses, hospitality, doctors, dentists, midwifes, archetects, vets, construction workers, the list is endless.

So we will have staff shortages in hospitality, NHS, construction and the list goes on. How is the NHS going to recover from COVID and dentists services improve with a shortage of workers?

Told you before, will tell you again, just like I used to tell Brexiters in these consequences threads for years and am telling them again (-now that the foretold consequences are all occurring), because at some point some of it may sink in and prompt some introspection and maybe some political/voting change:

the NHS isn’t supposed to recover, it’s supposed to get ever worser, so privatisation can go ever faster and more overt;

dentist services aren’t supposed to improve until enough British dentists have been homegrown, in 5 to 7 years’ time…well, those who’ll stay here, instead of emigrating to Saudi, Bahrain, Canada, <etc>

😉

Edited by L00b

23 hours ago, Tony said:

(…)

We can start again with my other question to wit the democratic deficit. Who were your MEPs, the party and what they broadly stand for in EU governance terms?

(…)

UKIPers for years, and Brexit Party at the end after my time. Missing committee meetings, missing  Parliamentary vote after Parliamentary vote, and generally doing SFA for their constituency, all in the name of ‘standing against the EU and all it represents’. Oh, but trousering the pay and maxing out the expenses just fine (same rationale, how convenient).

Whatever “democratic deficit” you’ll claim to have existed in the EU Parliament on behalf of British constituents, existed solely out of their own democratic majority choices, returning lazy expenses-swindling gob****es like Farage, Widdecombe & gang to the job for representing their best interests, time and again.

And yet, still northern UK got millions and millions more from the EU  in development subsidies, and what has been achieved with them?

And now, with your regained sovereignty and saved contributions, how much in development subsidies is northern UK getting out of Westminster?

Edited by L00b

On 01/10/2021 at 21:33, Tony said:

I’m waiting 

I don't think I need to add anything to this message, but I will. I am waiting for your reply. 

Thanks Tony.

Intel has decided to not go for UK to build two large chip factories because of Brexit. They put them somewhere near Germany Poland now.

12 minutes ago, dutch said:

Intel has decided to not go for UK to build two large chip factories because of Brexit. They put them somewhere near Germany Poland now.

That won’t matter anymore because we’ve not got any fish to go with em.

37 minutes ago, dutch said:

I think you'll find it's because the EU is giving Intel, one of the worlds richest megacorporations, over ten billion quid in cash and subsidies. So yes, technically it's because of Brexit, but y'know that's not really the reason is it.

I'm sure the UK will be content with the ten billion quid of actual cash for the Australian nuclear submarines that will be built up in Scotland. ;) 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I think you'll find it's because the EU is giving Intel, one of the worlds richest megacorporations, over ten billion quid in cash and subsidies. So yes, technically it's because of Brexit, but y'know that's not really the reason is it.

Last I heard, Intel still had the begging bowl out about those 10…no 8bn in subsidies, so has it been confirmed then?

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I'm sure the UK will be content with the ten billion quid of actual cash for the Australian nuclear submarines that will be built up in Scotland. ;) 

I think you’ll want to read the small print about that particular one. Especially, listening to defence insider/experts, the bit about those nuclear power plants 😉

How’s it going with that Article 16 triggering?

HGV driver recruitment?

Chemical imports for sewage treatment?

Petrol supply?

Veg and fruit picking?

I’ll not ask about pork meat supply, as apparently EU27 suppliers will be covering that. But should we be thinking about bringing our own turkey over this Christmas?

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Jesus Tony, those Brexit lemons really are bitter... aren't they! :? :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

That won’t matter anymore because we’ve not got any fish to go with em.

This global Intel expansion is worth £70 billion. 

And UK misses out clearly because of Brexit. 

It's just another joke, right? Everything is. 

18 minutes ago, dutch said:

This global Intel expansion is worth £70 billion. 

And UK misses out clearly because of Brexit. 

It's just another joke, right? Everything is. 

I voted remain and despise what this mob have done to the country, a bit of humour is one of the few things that keeps me going at present.

Edited by Mister Gee