Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

That is between you and your god. 

Name the store.

Crookes co op. They had signs up apologising to customers. 

I’ve no interest in making things up so believe me if you want - I’m not bothered. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You are lying. Sorry to be so blunt but your just post isn't credible.

@Magilla please take some time to read the post you responded to, understand it, and answer accordingly because your reply makes no sense. Thanks.

Why is the poster lying? Because Boris Johnson was clearly telling the truth when he promised sunlit uplands before the Brexit referendum?

A bit ironic for a Boris Johnson supporter to accuse others of lying

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

That's your response to empty shelves, get there a bit earlier? And those who can't, for a myriad of different reasons, they go without? WW2 spirit and all that usual Brexity jigoistic nonsense?

Westy/lockdoctor/ Smithy doesn't care about other people's problems caused by Johnson's Government. He's just here as a second rate shill / WUM.

Edited by Mister M

6 hours ago, Tony said:

So what's the point of the UK<>EU border controls if the EU>UK is working fine? Why shouldn't the UK>EU be dealt with in the same way? What's the EU's problem because if the above is correct it looks like the problem is the EU's protectionist approach to trade politics and it's not about the people who are actually doing business with each other. 

The point is you left the eu and the customs union and you are now a third country. You can jump high and low but that is what you are. 

When you are not a member we protect our market.  I am sure your politicians told you of the consequences before you voted.

34 minutes ago, Frans2755 said:

The point is you left the eu and the customs union and you are now a third country. You can jump high and low but that is what you are. 

When you are not a member we protect our market.  I am sure your politicians told you of the consequences before you voted.

no, remainers did but it was just "project fear"

the politicians just lied and sold them snake oil

15 hours ago, altus said:

Surely the WW2 spirit would mean rationing. Whilst that might enable more people to get (some) veg., I don't think even brexiters' wish to return to the past involves reintroducing rationing.

<cough>

I don’t think what Brexiters wish (or don’t) or, for that matter, what Remainers wish (or don’t) matters one iota to your government, I’m afraid: you’re all getting the same Brexit you’re given.

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It looks like Brexit has help to restore closer cooperation between the UK and Australia.  Not only has the UK a new trade deal with Australia but have a new security pact with Australia and the US  for the Asia/Pacific area. Not so good news for France because Australia have sunk a lucrative deal with them for submarines. 

That is good news and by god you need it . And it is good news that the UK is going to start patrolling the seas of the far east, it sounds expensive and for what purpose. The chinese must be shaking in their boots.

53 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It looks like Brexit has help to restore closer cooperation between the UK and Australia.  Not only has the UK a new trade deal with Australia but have a new security pact with Australia and the US  for the Asia/Pacific area. Not so good news for France because Australia have sunk a lucrative deal with them for submarines. 

The reason for the security pact, China's growing influence in the region, would have happened regardless of whether we had left the EU or not. There has been lots of close cooperation between Aus, US and UK (e.g. five eyes), even when we were in the EU, so it's difficult to see what brexit could have had anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, Frans2755 said:

That is good news and by god you need it . And it is good news that the UK is going to start patrolling the seas of the far east, it sounds expensive and for what purpose. The chinese must be shaking in their boots.

What right do we have to patrol their seas? Just asking.

How would we like it if the Chinese turned up patrolling the Atlantic or North Sea?

Sounds quite an antagonistic move to me.

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Despite all the negativity on this thread from the remainer losers things are very good in Britain since we left the EU. The asian/pacific area is the big  global growth area and the potential for further growth is massive which is why it makes sense for the big players to have security pacts.  Staying neutral regarding China may suit small countries like Belgium unlike Britain who are a major global power.  Staying neutral at the start of the second World War didn't prevent little Belgium being invaded by Germany.  Will just take the opportunity to remind you  Britain liberated Belgium in 1944.

We buy loads of stuff from China, but do we actually sell them anything? Genuine question. They seem pretty capable and self sufficient to me.

So Westie finds a Brexit plus with our cooperation with Australia and the US whilst extolling the virtues of less cooperation with our nearest neighbours.

As for things being good in Britain,I don’t see that this applies for households struggling with rising prices.

Neither Brexit or the Tory Government has been beneficial to those lower down the scale,or to many industries.

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

We buy loads of stuff from China, but do we actually sell them anything? Genuine question. They seem pretty capable and self sufficient to me.

They are certainly very capable and have dragged their economy ever upwards over the last 50 years.

Much of western equipment and technology was sold to them in the 70s and 80s and they have pursued their policy of industrialisation and modern technology with a determination that has grown their economy massively.

It is not mainly cheap tat Westy.

Check the big brand names place of manufacture.

Edited by RJRB

2 hours ago, Frans2755 said:

I think everybody with a couple of grey cells, and an attention span longer than that of a goldfish, knows perfectly well who is wearing the trousers in this ‘renewed’ UK-Australia cooperation 😉

As for that cancelled sub deal, no biggie, France will just sue Australia for unilateral breach of contract. Won’t be the first time, nor the last. The Aussies can always (try and-) have a natter with Biden about who pays.

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Okay we agree  Brexit has not diminished Britain's  influence and prestige around the globe.

Forming a new security deal with countries we were already very close to doesn't make up for the loss of influence and prestige caused by cutting international aid, breaking international agreements we'd negotiated and threatening to leave human rights conventions. That's before you take into account the loss of influence and prestige resulting from us no longer being a member of the EU.