Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

I don't see what's idiotic about posting links or commenting about the consequences of Brexit. That's the thread title after all. 

What's the point in pretending everything is rosy in the garden when it isn't, to protect the blushes of people who were persuaded to vote leave?

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

I never caught any of this, I’m minded to close my account rather than associate with idiots, it’s a forum for whoever is your God’s sake, try getting a life.

Give over.  You survived WWII, so you can survive this.

11 hours ago, The Joker said:

Give over.  You survived WWII, so you can survive this.

Born 1947, I’m a 1960’s teenager, however my parents generation fought for six years in order to allow people to retain their right to freedom of speech, I’m thankful for that.

11 hours ago, crookesey said:

Born 1947, I’m a 1960’s teenager, however my parents generation fought for six years in order to allow people to retain their right to freedom of speech, I’m thankful for that.

My Dutch grandfather lost a brother fighting for the SS. Not because he religiously believed in the cause, but because the government at the time didn't leave them much of an option. Freedom of speech does not equate defending the governments' faults, nor does it give you a wildcard to pull each time someone points out you are wrong.

30 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

My Dutch grandfather lost a brother fighting for the SS. Not because he religiously believed in the cause, but because the government at the time didn't leave them much of an option. Freedom of speech does not equate defending the governments' faults, nor does it give you a wildcard to pull each time someone points out you are wrong.

No offence meant to crookesey; I was winding him up a little.

On 24/08/2021 at 17:45, The Joker said:

Finally, some good news for the country's bulging waistlines:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/aug/24/mcdonalds-runs-out-of-milkshakes-due-to-supply-chain-issues

McDonald’s runs out of milkshakes amid ‘supply chain issues’

Shortage of lorry drivers reportedly to blame for issue affecting 1,250 outlets in England, Scotland and Wales

Milkshakes are off the menu at McDonald’s in England, Scotland and Wales, leaving customers definitely not “lovin’ it” after supply chain issues.

The fast-food chain has also been left without some bottled drinks across its 1,250 outlets in Great Britain this week.

It is understood to be caused by a shortage of lorry drivers owing to post-Brexit EU immigration rules, Covid-19 restrictions and self-isolation guidance.

The burger chain is said to be working hard to restore the items to the menu as soon as possible.

Last week, Nando’s was forced to close about 50 restaurants because of chicken shortages. It blamed staffing shortages at suppliers and a reduced number of lorry drivers. KFC also said recently that supply chain issues meant it was unable to stock some menu items.

A McDonald’s spokesman said the group is “working hard to return these items to the menu”. He said: “Like most retailers, we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues, impacting the availability of a small number of products.

“Bottled drinks and milkshakes are temporarily unavailable in restaurants across England, Scotland and Wales.

ITV's report on the shortage of McDonalds milkshakes borders on satire

11 hours ago, The Joker said:

No offence meant to crookesey; I was winding him up a little.

It’ll take a lot more than you to wind me up, following my ten years ban I realise that making a strong comment on any sign of intimidation is not looked upon favourably. I have to laugh at the red warning flags, they know who the trolls and trouble merchants are, why don’t they simply close their accounts?

13 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

So if someone hurls insults and abuse at a poster who has opposing views to them I am wrong if your views concur with the former, nice one. 🤒

Edited by crookesey

11 hours ago, Mister M said:

ITV's report on the shortage of McDonalds milkshakes borders on satire

Brexit has created a world in the UK, since around 2015, wherein problems are denied, warnings are ignored, and evidence is dismissed. The successive Brexit consequences threads carry all the proof that one needs. « Project Fear » is a good 5 years old by now.

The real problem, is that the chickens borne from successive British governments’ policies tainted by this phenomenon over the last 5 years or so, are now coming home to roost, at an ever-accelerating rate of knots as systemic failures compound across sectors.

Nando’s missing chicken, McD’s missing milkshakes, supermarkets’ vanishing shelves, deferred/cancelled bin collections as retailers hoover up refuse HGV drivers, halved levels of FDI, livestock farms cutting down on volumes bred, increasing end customer prices, etc, etc, etc…is still only just the start.

Expect supply channel issues to get still worse, when full UK customs checks on animal products kick in on 1st October.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Brexit has created a world in the UK, since around 2015, wherein problems are denied, warnings are ignored, and evidence is dismissed. The successive Brexit consequences threads carry all the proof that one needs. « Project Fear » is a good 5 years old by now.

The real problem, is that the chickens borne from successive British governments’ policies tainted by this phenomenon over the last 5 years or so, are now coming home to roost, at an ever-accelerating rate of knots as systemic failures compound across sectors.

Nando’s missing chicken, McD’s missing milkshakes, supermarkets’ vanishing shelves, deferred/cancelled bin collections as retailers hoover up refuse HGV drivers, halved levels of FDI, livestock farms cutting down on volumes bred, increasing end customer prices, etc, etc, etc…is still only just the start.

Expect supply channel issues to get still worse, when full UK customs checks on animal products kick in on 1st October.

Not be long now before Panic Buying starts again.

Guest sibon
16 hours ago, crookesey said:

It’ll take a lot more than you to wind me up, following my ten years ban I realise that making a strong comment on any sign of intimidation is not looked upon favourably. I have to laugh at the red warning flags, they know who the trolls and trouble merchants are, why don’t they simply close their accounts?

My irony meter has exploded. Please send a new one.

Man banned for 10 years wants “trolls” banned, so that he can troll in peace.

You could make it up, but nobody would believe you.