Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

If only we (I am ignoring NI) were still in the EU then we could help them sort out their little disagreements. Not of course that we would do this by providing wise and sagacious counsel but rather our presence would serve to remind them what it's like to deal with a real bunch of spaff weasels.

Edited by Carbuncle

31 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

If only we (I am ignoring NI) were still in the EU then we could help them sort out their little disagreements. Not of course that we would do this by providing wise and sagacious counsel but rather our presence would serve to remind what it's like to deal with a real bunch of spaff weasels.

Well the EU wouldn't need any help would they, if the French abided by the rules / directives which they were heavily involved in drawing up, would they?  But then again, many wouldn't be surprised. 

C'est la vie, eh! 

As for potentially damaging the environmentally sensitive sand banks, I'd expect nothing less from a nation responsible for blowing up, sinking & murdering a photographer on Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior. 

Edited by Baron99

I cannot get an appointment with my GP, ongoing for 2 weeks; ringing 111 is emergencies only, it states to use their website.

I went online and gave them my details at 6pm to get a responce from them, they phoned me at 2am and left a message. So totally pointless.

So I may have the Black Death, untill I see or speak to someone qualified, I have no idea.

You need a new doctor, rang mine yesterday at 8.35am, had the doc call me back at 8.45am, had antibiotics in my hand by 10am.

What I will ask it what GP surgery is making calls to its patients at 2am? Must have been automated surely.

14 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What I will ask it what GP surgery is making calls to its patients at 2am? Must have been automated surely.

The 111 service rang me at 1am, I was asleep so didnt answer, they rang again at 2am, I didnt answer so they left a message.

The first caller was a male and the second a female, it was not automated.

Ah I see, I thought you meant your GP rang at that hour.

Cummings, the architect of Brexit states clearly he doesn't know what to expect from Brexit, he also admitted that the 350 million and Turkey joining the EU were tricks to mobilise the people. He makes clear he convinced Johnson to switch to Leave. NI Border is still a huge sword of Damocles and now Gibraltar is entering the fray again as well. There are shortages of fresh fruit and veg in supermarkets all over the country. 

Covid put a halt to things, but the consequences of Brexit are about to come crashing into the news cycle again. 

One brexiter is now finding out the consequences of brexit

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Wetherspoons are not having any problem with shortages of staff and have many more pubs than that bloke.

Wetherspoons - the gold standard of public houses and staff management.

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Wetherspoons are not having any problem with shortages of staff and have many more pubs than that bloke.

Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration as bars and restaurants tackle staff shortage. Even if Wetherspoons aren't having staffing problems, its Brexit supporting boss Tim Martin is worried enough about staff shortages in the industry to want more immigration from the EU.

Of course, not everyone's recent experience of Wetherspoons pubs leads them to think they are adequately staffed - Wetherspoons punters in Exeter left waiting two hours for drinks.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Excellent ground bait Westy.

Bravo.

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Wetherspoons required more staff just like most busy pubs will have needed more staff because they had to operate a table service due to covid-19 rules which has nothing to do with Brexit.  Now that nearly normal service at the bar has resumed the anonymous complainer might not suffer such a long wait on a busy hot bank holiday for their drinks.  Like every large chain Wetherspoons employ both good hard working staff and some not so  good hard working staff. I've experienced both quick service during covid restrictions and sometimes not so quick service when staff have been more interesting in talking to each other rather than looking for customers ready to order  drinks who haven't used the app such as myself. 

Tim Martin argued for more immigration not temporary workers for a few months until we unlock a bit more and no longer have to rely on table service.