Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's certainly the best thing we ever did since we saved Europe in 1940 by not surrendering to Germany.

Hmmm... :huh:

... let's just hope we can do the same again on Tuesday night! âš½

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's certainly the best thing we ever did since we saved Europe in 1940 by not surrendering to Germany.

The English Channel made it kinda difficult for them to invade.

Edited by Longcol

19 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... let's just hope we can do the same again on Tuesday night! âš½

Just about 12 hours since we were drawn with Germany and we've got our first WW2 reference.

I thought it would be sooner!

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just about 12 hours since we were drawn with Germany and we've got our first WW2 reference.

I thought it would be sooner!

it would be nice if the Grenadier guardsmen played the Dambusters theme as the England players ran on to the pitch?

I just hope it's not an American referee.

He'll probably not turn up until the second half... :roll:

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

And even  nicer if a Lancaster bomber flanked by two Spitfires made a flypast just after the English players took the knee.

It's 2021

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's 2021

You really wouldn't think so would you.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

And even  nicer if a Lancaster bomber flanked by two Spitfires made a flypast just after the English players took the knee.

Why?

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

it would be nice if the Grenadier guardsmen played the Dambusters theme as the England players ran on to the pitch?

Just a little fact for you that I found online,

"It's often forgotten that the Dambusters raid was not 'victimless'. An estimated 1,600 civilians and prisoners of war, including female slave labourers from Poland, Russia and Ukraine, drowned in the flooding."

and yet you want to glorify what happened in a different time, with different attitudes and different people. And for what purpose? Do you think the German players, staff and nation deserve to be reminded of actions taken by others 70 plus years ago?

Do you ever travel overseas?

Edited by Bargepole23

6 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Just a little fact for you that I found online,

"It's often forgotten that the Dambusters raid was not 'victimless'. An estimated 1,600 civilians and prisoners of war, including female slave labourers from Poland, Russia and Ukraine, drowned in the flooding."

and yet you want to glorify what happened in a different time, with different attitudes and different people. And for what purpose? Do you think the German players, staff and nation deserve to be reminded of actions taken by others 70 plus years ago?

Do you ever travel overseas?

oh wind ya neck in, it was said tongue in cheek victor meldrew!!

and yes i do travel overseas quite a lot ...well i did , only business now and with germans shock horror!

Edited by ab6262