Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

27 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Educate me in how increasing digital trade in which the UK is a World leader increases pollution and fossil fuel consumption?  The Australian beef issue is only a small part of the agreement which also allows tariff free access for Scottish whisky and British manufactured cars into Australia.   

Just for completeness personally I prefer British beef to any other beef but I don't have a problem in eating Australian beef rather than French beef or any other EU beef.   At least Australian beef will be real beef and not horse meat like what happened a few years ago from the EU. I never heard anyone complaining about the carbon footprint or pollution in the 70's when eating New Zealand lamb. And what about the mass pollution caused by importing all the Chinese tat which happened before we left the EU?

Totally pointless, you’re away with the fairies in the personality cult.

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Totally agree with this. Its not like either party can't get the majority of goods closer. 

Even more reason not to eat meat, especially in processed foods when you don't get to know where it came from.

"Hey, wanna eat this meat? It's come from the other side of the world!"

"Er, no thanks mate"

40 minutes ago, RJRB said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57518910

Is this just one of those bumps in the road or illustrative of the foolishness in turning our backs on our long established trading partners.

Mmmm, it also states that the pandemic was also a negative factor and the pandemic had depressed demand. Unfortunately it's proving hard to tell if its Brexit the pandemic or both that has caused the problems. 

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

Mmmm, it also states that the pandemic was also a negative factor and the pandemic had depressed demand. Unfortunately it's proving hard to tell if its Brexit the pandemic or both that has caused the problems. 

I'm guessing that's why they included the US as well as several EU counties in the final chart - to provide an 'effected by pandemic only' comparison.

16 minutes ago, apelike said:

Neither helps but one was self inflicted, one couldn't be helped

On 16/06/2021 at 17:25, West 77 said:

Educate me in how increasing digital trade in which the UK is a World leader increases pollution and fossil fuel consumption?  The Australian beef issue is only a small part of the agreement which also allows tariff free access for Scottish whisky and British manufactured cars into Australia.   

Both of which increase pollution and fossil fuel consumption, especially transporting cars half way round the world/

I saw an interview with the acting Aussie PM and he was thrilled with deal and expecting Australian farmers to do very well out of it.

He, quite rightly, didn't give a **** about British farmers who he expected to take a hit.

20 hours ago, apelike said:

We'll just have to wait till the pandemic eases, if demand picks up then the dip was due to the virus, but if it doesn't recover sufficiently then it would point to ongoing issues due to Brexit.

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I saw an interview with the acting Aussie PM and he was thrilled with deal and expecting Australian farmers to do very well out of it.

He, quite rightly, didn't give a **** about British farmers who he expected to take a hit.

At least it's good news for British badgers, because there will be fewer cattle giving them TB

44 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Having a few beers tonight to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the British people voting to leave the EU.  

me too best thing we ever did!

36 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

me too best thing we ever did!

Why is it the best thing we ever did?