Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

45 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I know what two of those are big at too, fishing

wonder if they will be wanting to buy our fish from our new hard fought bigger, better fishing fleet we are going to have?

or will they be expecting us to buy their fish?

hmmmmm

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/13/end-of-the-line-how-brexit-left-hulls-fishing-industry-facing-extinction

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

oh *pretend shocked face* no surprise there LOL

they were told all along, the fishing "debate" for brexit was a ******** "debate"

For one, theres only a finite amount of fish in the sea, once its gone...its gone, hence why theres quotas.

Its like whitby around where i work now, theres plees being put out about crabbers on the keyside is now affecting the amount of crabs down the coast, yes its "fun" but pulling crabs out of their natural habitat means a lot die, even when dropped back in, seagulls swoop to grab them before they hit the bottom, again cutting down on the population. NOT everything is and should be about human pleasure.

LOL

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/australia-trade-deal-save-each-24321996?111=

UK households could save up to £1.22 in the deal with Australia

BUT how much will brexit cost every hold, i bet more, how much has it already cost us, like the none existent ferries, the tax payer will pay for those? the farms and fishing boats that may go bust?

more than £1.22 per household?

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

LOL

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/australia-trade-deal-save-each-24321996?111=

UK households could save up to £1.22 in the deal with Australia

BUT how much will brexit cost every hold, i bet more, how much has it already cost us, like the none existent ferries, the tax payer will pay for those? the farms and fishing boats that may go bust?

more than £1.22 per household?

Look on the bright side mel, if you put that £1.22 aside in 689 years time you’ll have enough to buy a roll of Boris Johnson's favourite wallpaper.

Caught that tax-free bonus from the Australia deal earlier I assumed I had misheard.

What's the average household ,be 2 plus surely?

1 hour ago, butlers said:

Caught that tax-free bonus from the Australia deal earlier I assumed I had misheard.

What's the average household ,be 2 plus surely?

Just seen a snippet from the RSPCA comparing our livestock standards and the Australian ones.  Very big differences, and not good news for our farmers - the playing field isn't level.

Whats worse american negotiators will look at this deal and fully expect their cheaper, ****tier food to be allowed over here (and not be labelled as such) when its their turn for a super quick deal.

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

They literally got exactly what the voted for.  The area all around there voted very strongly for Brexit, close to 70% in favour.

Zero sympathy, not a bit.

Re: Why the title for this tread is the wrong way to look at Brexit!

'There is a simple reason why Boris Johnson and European leaders failed to find common ground over Brexit at last week’s G7 summit. They are not even talking about the same thing.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/16/british-politics-drunk-brexit-spirit-boris-johnson

The above is what I have been wrestling with ever since the Referendum campaign got going.

The final para from the 'pinko Guardian' is spot on (but reading the column first is a good idea).

Boris and his party have made the Brexit debate simple = Sovereignty, Britishness and Slogans.

As for finding a way through the bluster poor old Kier has a formidable job on his hands. But, that is what I look for in a successful leader - to make complex issues easy to understand.

I don't think Kier needs worry himself about tacking the Brexit issue, I really can't see Labour winning an election anytime soon.

Majority of the worlds people live in the Asia/Pacific region so it makes sense to deal with those countries.

It's all window dressing tho, in reality the real substance comes from making trade deals with America and China, that would make deals with other individual countries pale in significance.

How can any rational person be applauding the increased pollution and fossil fuel consumption that this crappy deal with Australia introduces? At a time when we're rightly being encouraged to grow/shop/consume locally, pursuing deals that will result in far more goods being transported half way across the world is sheer madness and stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

How can any rational person be applauding the increased pollution and fossil fuel consumption that this crappy deal with Australia introduces? At a time when we're rightly being encouraged to grow/shop/consume locally, pursuing deals that will result in far more goods being transported half way across the world is sheer madness and stupidity.

Totally agree with this. Its not like either party can't get the majority of goods closer.