Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

5 hours ago, geared said:

The Irony of such a large and vocal supporter of Brexit now calling for greater immigration from the EU 🤣🤣🤣 

He's well and truly made his bed on this one.

Surely he can find some Brexiters who are happy to pull pints, serve food and wait on tables for a poverty wage ?

https://inews.co.uk/news/consumer/tim-martin-wetherspoons-owen-jones-wages-living-wage-interview-257494

Just now, The Joker said:

Surely he can find some Brexiters who are happy to pull pints, serve food and wait on tables for a poverty wage ?

https://inews.co.uk/news/consumer/tim-martin-wetherspoons-owen-jones-wages-living-wage-interview-257494

Only because he knows he can pay non UK workers the equivalent of about 3 quid an hour and run the poor sods ragged! :loopy: 

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I won't have much time to be on here either tomorrow or Friday because I will be stalled out at the Newark International Antiques Fair making loads of money.  Admission is only £20 tomorrow and a bargain £5 on Friday.  I've a prime spot opposite the Cedric Ford Pavilion and I will fly the Union Flag above my stall to make it easy to find me.   Why not treat yourself to a day out and I will give you a foreign beer. 

Welcome back.

Thanks Hon. 

Newark International Antiques Fair.... Sounds like a cross between a car boot sale, and something off a Victoria Wood sketch. Will Mrs Overall make an appearance to serve a nice cup of tea and a scone?

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Refreshments are available but I've no idea whether Mrs Overall has been booked to do any serving.  I can guarantee Mark Stacey will be there if that helps.

Mark Stacey of Bargain Hunt fame?

Wow, rubbing shoulders with celebs! Who next? Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney.....

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Will Mrs Overall make an appearance to serve a nice cup of tea and a scone?

Maybe Wetherspoons will do the catering . . . if they can find enough Eastern European immigrants

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I won't have much time to be on here either tomorrow or Friday because I will be stalled out at the Newark International Antiques Fair making loads of money.

Remember, antiques imported into Great Britain from EU states after 1 January 2021 are now subject to import VAT at 5% :thumbsup:

...but lets face it, you're not selling antiques, you're doing a car boot for a day :?

Edited by Magilla

I think many of the Brexiteers thought that could get an better deal with the Commonwealth nations than they had with the EU. I hear about an strange idea of CANZUK  but hear no details on how this would work or endorsement from any Commonwealth government. But the thing is many of the Commonwealth nations have not forgotten how the UK dumped them after joining the EEC now the boot is on the other foot the UK begging bowl for trade means the other side will get what they want in fact more the Australia deal is good for them complete with courts but not so good for us goodbye UK farming it was nice while it lasted ironic given that some farmers are Tory supporters. 

UK expected to suffer the most long-term economic damage of any of the seven major industrialised nations following the pandemic:

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-growth-forecast-upgraded-but-pandemic-economic-scar-will-be-worst-of-all-g7-nations-says-oecd-12321253

"The OECD's Economic Outlook signalled that this was more a consequence of Britain's departure from the EU than COVID itself"

8 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

I think many of the Brexiteers thought that could get an better deal with the Commonwealth nations than they had with the EU. I hear about an strange idea of CANZUK  but hear no details on how this would work or endorsement from any Commonwealth government.

It's a pipe dream at the moment, and one of its main objectives is free movement of people, so that won't be much help to leave voters.

On 02/06/2021 at 22:03, Magilla said:

It's a pipe dream at the moment, and one of its main objectives is free movement of people, so that won't be much help to leave voters.

Free movement Canada<->UK?   That sounds pretty good.

1 minute ago, geared said:

Free movement Canada<->UK?   That sounds pretty good.

So was FoM between the UK and EU... but it was an anathema to leave voters.

Good brexit news!!!! :o

We've secured a trading deal with the international powerhouses Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein!

The only downside is that it's not as good a deal as we had as part of the EU* - doh!

*according to Norway's PM

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/norways-pm-announces-trade-deal-155044883.html

Does it include all the fish we missed out on this year when an agreement couldn't be reached?