Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

On 01/06/2021 at 06:38, Baron99 said:

Heinz, back with a £140 million manufacturing investment, post-brexit. 

"It would be the firm's biggest expansion of a manufacturing site outside the US in more than 20 years." 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57312162.amp

Oh no! Say Remainers.  This isn't how it's supposed to be.   No doubt we'll have posts with conspiracy theories about genetically modified ketchup very soon, being produced in the UK for nasty conglomerates? 

Glad to see it. But 50 jobs, tops. 

You speak of a support group for remainers- we might need to welcome another one!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoons-brexit-bars-eu-migration-b1858035.html

27 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Glad to see it. But 50 jobs, tops. 

You speak of a support group for remainers- we might need to welcome another one!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoons-brexit-bars-eu-migration-b1858035.html

Tim doesn't like the deal... much like Boris and his N.I Protocol :?

Of course, he could always double the wages he pays his staff... not sure his clientele will be too happy with the price rises though.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No import duty is to be paid because I'm buying old  furniture made in the EU.

Depends entirely on the furniture, how it was made, and where it's to be used.

Still requires extra paperwork and a customs declaration.

Edited by Magilla

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Irony of such a large and vocal supporter of Brexit now calling for greater immigration from the EU 🤣🤣🤣 

He's well and truly made his bed on this one.

34 minutes ago, geared said:

The Irony of such a large and vocal supporter of Brexit now calling for greater immigration from the EU 🤣🤣🤣 

He won, he should get over it.

54 minutes ago, geared said:

I'm sure he didn't compounded his recruitment problems when he threw his staff under a bus when the first lockdown happened. Who wouldn't want to work for such a caring employer.

2 minutes ago, altus said:

I'm sure he didn't compounded his recruitment problems when he threw his staff under a bus when the first lockdown happened. Who wouldn't want to work for such a caring employer.

It's quite impressive really.  To have built such a successful empire in the notoriously difficult pub game takes a brilliant business mind.

So why is he such an idiot?

7 minutes ago, geared said:

It's quite impressive really.  To have built such a successful empire in the notoriously difficult pub game takes a brilliant business mind.

So why is he such an idiot?

He helped make a situation where a lot of the people he used to employ behind his bars, now need a full time job and a £25k salary to continue doing so.

Maybe... :roll:

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Already told you the furniture I'm buying from France is made in France which is the reason I'm going to France. Let me worry about any paperwork and customs declaration involved.

I'm just reminding you that you now need it, as a consequence of Brexit ;)

You continue to do what you do best and complain about a democrat choice your own people made..

You can't polish a turd.

and I will do what I do best and make the best out of a new opportunity and continue to make a honest living.

You reduced your opportunities, and increased your costs, as a result of Brexit :P

Edited by Magilla

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

No need to remind me of the consequences of Brexit.

I know you don't like being constantly reminded of the stupidity of it, but your grasp of the consequences is at best, non-existant :thumbsup:

You clearly are clueless about my business or any business in the real World.

Oh dear, there goes Lockdoctor again! :D

You have no business of any note.

Brexit and Covid-19 have given me an opportunity to make more profit. I'm happy to increase costs because by increasing costs and more investment I will make more profit.

The costs as a result of Brexit add no benefit, you make less profit for the same effort.

Both Brexit and Covid-19 have given me the incentive to do something I should have seriously thought about doing long before the UK left the EU.

Get an EU passport and the significantly better rights it confers over a UK one? :hihi:

I've  explained both Brexit and Covid-19 have given a new opportunity for my own small business which I'm more than happy to take advantage of. My business isn't listed on the FT share indexes but neither are 99.99999999% of British businesses. My business might not be of any note to you but it provides me an my family with a good living.

You have no business.

Brexit just like any major Government policy changes gives  new opportunities to all businesses big and small providing they are prepared to adapt and do some actual real work.

Which isn't you, you're on here more than anyone who is really running their own business could possibly be.

11 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You have no business.

Which isn't you, you're on here more than anyone who is really running their own business could possibly be.

Point well made. West77 well and truly owned :D