Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Guest makapaka

Are people still going on about brexit - you’ve got a government telling you when you can hug people?

7 hours ago, Magilla said:

The EU merely tries to present a coherent/common policy from members in relation to the bloc as a whole.

With respect of relations with non-members it's up the each member state to set their own policy, always has been :?

Hence there is no restriction on the EU members highlighted making their own deals in this regard.

Or you haven't a clue what you're on about as usual :roll:

Q.E.D! :hihi:

Bilateral security & defence issues appear not to fall under Secondary EU Law?

Q. E. D!

That will keep you pondering for a while?   Or you haven't a clue as to what you're on about as usual? 

Edited by Baron99

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

Are people still going on about brexit - you’ve got a government telling you when you can hug people?

Well as far as I understand, the thread was set up by a Remainer & it's generally populated by Remainers as some kind of 'echo chamber' / support group for Remainers. 

There are a few Brexit  supporters like myself, who occasionally like to chip in thereby giving the Remainers something to challenge.  After all, how long can a thread keep going, based on a futile belief that somehow you were cheated out of a democratic vote & that by miracle of miracles, someone is going to find a way of overturning that vote or handing you another EU referendum on a plate?

5 years down the line, I must admit, I do admire the optimism, albeit futile, of some Remainers to cling to the past.  I'd just like to know when some of them will be prepared to put it all behind them & get on with their lives? 

I mean, even Gina Miller has moved on. 

Heinz, back with a £140 million manufacturing investment, post-brexit. 

"It would be the firm's biggest expansion of a manufacturing site outside the US in more than 20 years." 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57312162.amp

Oh no! Say Remainers.  This isn't how it's supposed to be.   No doubt we'll have posts with conspiracy theories about genetically modified ketchup very soon, being produced in the UK for nasty conglomerates? 

Edited by Baron99

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Heinz, back with a £140 million manufacturing investment, post-brexit. 

"It would be the firm's biggest expansion of a manufacturing site outside the US in more than 20 years." 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57312162.amp

Oh no! Say Remainers.  This isn't how it's supposed to be.   No doubt we'll have posts with conspiracy theories about genetically modified ketchup very soon, being produced in the UK for nasty conglomerates? 

There you go again. Making stuff up so that you can get angry about it.

The investment is good news though.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well as far as I understand, the thread was set up by a Remainer & it's generally populated by Remainers as some kind of 'echo chamber' / support group for Remainers. 

There are a few Brexit  supporters like myself, who occasionally like to chip in thereby giving the Remainers something to challenge.  After all, how long can a thread keep going, based on a futile belief that somehow you were cheated out of a democratic vote & that by miracle of miracles, someone is going to find a way of overturning that vote or handing you another EU referendum on a plate?

5 years down the line, I must admit, I do admire the optimism, albeit futile, of some Remainers to cling to the past.  I'd just like to know when some of them will be prepared to put it all behind them & get on with their lives? 

I mean, even Gina Miller has moved on. 

The reality of the thread only dates back to the beginning of this year.

All the foregoing was speculation.

So it can go on a while yet and we all hope that the benefits will become obvious to us all.

7 minutes ago, RJRB said:

and the first post is a moderator message, the second?  Oh look, it's Baron99.

So much for it being some kind of Remainer echo chamber eh?

21 minutes ago, RJRB said:

All the foregoing was speculation.

So it can go on a while yet and we all hope that the benefits will become obvious to us all.

Please given an example of a Brexit  benefit and how will it enhance our economy?

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Bilateral security & defence issues appear not to fall under Secondary EU Law?

Member states are free to make their own policies regarding foreign, security and defence, as those in the article you highlight are doing.

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Q. E. D!

Q.E.D Indeed :hihi:

12 hours ago, makapaka said:

Clearly you are not English? Brexit is an important issue, the government made a complete Sow's Purse of the whole deal IMO, hence I voted remain because I knew they probably would plus unlike a LOT of leave voters, apart from the fact I can't talk to Foreign call centres who don't understand my accent, I don't hate immigrants in Europe.

7 hours ago, geared said:

So much for it being some kind of Remainer echo chamber eh?

The only echo going on in this thread is leave voters wrongly saying "nothing to do with me" :hihi:

4 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Clearly you are not English? Brexit is an important issue, the government made a complete Sow's Purse of the whole deal IMO, hence I voted remain because I knew they probably would plus unlike a LOT of leave voters, apart from the fact I can't talk to Foreign call centres who don't understand my accent, I don't hate immigrants in Europe.

Indeed. People will be talking about Brexit for decades yet.

Edited by Magilla