Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

8 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I say it's a fair assessment in light of their post, nastiness doesn't really come into it...

...but if it did, clearly the appropriate response in light of your pasts posts would be:

Rank hypocrisy, so unbecoming! :?

No hypocrisy here , changed person . Still time for you to change and stop the silly ,childish name calling .

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No hypocrisy here , changed person.

Aye, a bit like the nazi anti-smoking "ex-smoker"... it's increased! :loopy: :hihi:

Still time for you to change and stop the silly ,childish name calling .

No need, and let's face it, your posts haven't really changed that much :?

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Thank you.  I'm honoured you rank me so highly.

Aye, somewhere below third rate :hihi: :thumbsup:

On 05/05/2021 at 07:33, convert said:

I’d argue the fact that the UK death toll is because we have Bojo as PM.

it’s far more complicated than that.

The fact that we have an ageing population, mass obesity, high rates of Diabetes, and to be frank an NHS that is inefficient, are all contributing factors.

Another significant aspect of our COVID death figures has to be the way they have been recorded. 
Looking at our cases per million, we rank 44th in the world at this moment, which to me, considering our population density, is not as bad as it would have been without Government restrictions.

When you say we rank 44th at this moment for cases what does that mean? Last week, last month, whenever?

Are you forgetting about the 150,000+ deaths we have already suffered? (13th on world deaths per million list even using official 127,000 figure).

Do you think Johnson acted decisively at each lockdown?

If Johnson hadn’t wanted to visit India to promote a trade discussion to distract from all the negative consequences of Brexit (there are no positive ones so far), we could have banned flights inwards from India much sooner and not now be worrying about the new variant.

I stick by my claim that we would not have fared as badly from this pandemic under any other Prime Minister.

Edited by John1954

On 05/05/2021 at 16:22, butlers said:

It's Jerseys problem not the UKs.

It's a notorious tax haven and allowed billions of tax due to the UK government to be avoided.

^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I care as little for the tax-dodgers of Jersey as I do for the Sectarian bigots of the DUP.

Speaking of which, how's Ol' Arlene doing, by the way?

I hear she took the coward's way out and resigned, instead of toughing it out for the next 5 years and making a success of the Brexit that she was so in favour of? 

20 hours ago, John1954 said:

When you say we rank 44th at this moment for cases what does that mean? Last week, last month, whenever?

Are you forgetting about the 150,000+ deaths we have already suffered? (13th on world deaths per million list even using official 127,000 figure).

Do you think Johnson acted decisively at each lockdown?

If Johnson hadn’t wanted to visit India to promote a trade discussion to distract from all the negative consequences of Brexit (there are no positive ones so far), we could have banned flights inwards from India much sooner and not now be worrying about the new variant.

I stick by my claim that we would not have fared as badly from this pandemic under any other Prime Minister.

Are you actually off your head on something??? we wouldnt have fared so badly under another prime minister?????? really/ which one would have done better? genuinely interested to hear.

our death rate is due to the number of people in hospitals and care homes who had other underlying causes and because we are one of the best health services we keep people alive rightly or wrongly for much longer.

the figures are also skewed if you make a FOI request to any hospital trust and ask exactly how many died from covid alone???? not many or none, i am trying to find one  a friend did to coventry hospital it came back as zero, will post when i find it.

my father died in a care home last june of old age and organ failure at 86 but because he hadnt had a covid test at time of death they put as no1 cause covid 19 this was because no autopsies were being carried out we were told. more false numbers.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

Are you actually off your head on something??? we wouldnt have fared so badly under another prime minister?????? really/ which one would have done better? genuinely interested to hear.

our death rate is due to the number of people in hospitals and care homes who had other underlying causes and because we are one of the best health services we keep people alive rightly or wrongly for much longer.

the figures are also skewed if you make a FOI request to any hospital trust and ask exactly how many died from covid alone???? not many or none, i am trying to find one  a friend did to coventry hospital it came back as zero, will post when i find it.

my father died in a care home last june of old age and organ failure at 86 but because he hadnt had a covid test at time of death they put as no1 cause covid 19 this was because no autopsies were being carried out we were told. more false numbers.

Sorry for your loss.

I'd hope another PM wouldn't have locked down as late in March 2020, despite what was happening in italy. I'd have hoped he'd have stop flights coming over from Italy and Spain earlier. I'd have hoped he'd helped care homes more and not just ship out elderly patients with covid to care homes who didn't have adequate PPE. I'd have hoped he'd listen to scientists in September about a new variant rather than wait till November to do anything about it. I'd have hoped he had put India on the red list at the same time as Pakistan rather than waiting 17 days because he wanted a trade deal. That's for starters.

This isnt "Crystal ball" stuff. Experts, the media - loads were telling him - even within his own cabinet and he ignored it.

So yeah, pretty much anyone but Boris who was too busy ******* about with briefing rooms and wallpaper.  

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Sorry for your loss.

I'd hope another PM wouldn't have locked down as late in March 2020, despite what was happening in italy. I'd have hoped he'd have stop flights coming over from Italy and Spain earlier. I'd have hoped he'd helped care homes more and not just ship out elderly patients with covid to care homes who didn't have adequate PPE. I'd have hoped he'd listen to scientists in September about a new variant rather than wait till November to do anything about it. I'd have hoped he had put India on the red list at the same time as Pakistan rather than waiting 17 days because he wanted a trade deal. That's for starters.

This isnt "Crystal ball" stuff. Experts, the media - loads were telling him - even within his own cabinet and he ignored it.

So yeah, pretty much anyone but Boris who was too busy ******* about with briefing rooms and wallpaper.  

thank you.

well you could hope for all the rest but do you really think in an unprecedented situation anyone could do more??? he was following science advice, i think he actually went too far. i am no fan of lockdowns or masks i dont think they have made any difference.

as for briefing rooms and wallpaper thats just spin to damage from the left.

14 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

thank you.

well you could hope for all the rest but do you really think in an unprecedented situation anyone could do more??? he was following science advice, i think he actually went too far. i am no fan of lockdowns or masks i dont think they have made any difference.

as for briefing rooms and wallpaper thats just spin to damage from the left.

I don't need to hope the rest. Other countries did it, and unfortunately he listened to the science only a bit more than you. Nobody is a fan of lockdowns or masks - unless youre a mate of hancock or patel becausr then youre a big fan of them because you can make a shed load of money off the back of it.

The left aren't buying wallpaper for downing street and the left aren't refurbing briefing rooms at great expense - boris is. 

52 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

New checks on the Irish Sea border to be brought in :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57133682

Brought to you by Boris "There will be no border down the Irish Sea… over my dead body." Johnson.

Just seen the DUPs Ian Paisley on the Daily Politics talking about it, what a joke. You have to wonder when someone who's directly involved could be this ill-informed.

Even Damian Green had to point out he was lying at one point! :?

You'd think someone would ask him why he's upset with something his party supported and helped get over the line!

59 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The DUP supported Brexit but don't support the Northern Ireland protocol.  

...now they realise what it involves and that Boris' promises were empty.

Edited by Magilla