Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

It's Jerseys problem not the UKs.

It's a notorious tax haven and allowed billions of tax due to the UK government to be avoided.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Your comments are hardly a surprise given the flag you're displaying as your avatar picture. It's quite clear where your allegiances lie.

Just look at your own, for example.

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Do you think it's reasonable for the French to threaten to cut off the elect supply of innocent Jersey citizens?  Do you think the EU were reasonable when they  intended to block the movement of covid -19 vaccines across the Ireland border into Northern Ireland?

I wouldn't have a problem if the Royal Navy moved warships to the Channel Islands area to carry out practice exercises.

I don't think it's reasonable, but it's the sort of nationalistic nonsense that many British people would be celebrating if the boot was on the other foot. 

Oh look, now the government have sent a navy boat to Jersey, the sheet-sniffers will be working themselves into a frenzy of delight over that.

Edited by Delbow

Guest sibon

Nice to see Brexit going to plan. Nowhere for our fishermen to sell their catch and now warships in Jersey preventing our neighbours from earning a living too.

Never mind project fear, this is truly project bonehead.

Edited by sibon

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I don't think it's reasonable, but it's the sort of nationalistic nonsense that many British people would be celebrating if the boot was on the other foot. 

Oh look, now the government have sent a navy boat to Jersey, the sheet-sniffers will be working themselves into a frenzy of delight over that.

This is planned, it will get them votes.

8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Showing some people a warship is like showing a five year old a digger. "A digger! A digger!" [change underwear]

It's depressing how easy some people are.

Edited by Delbow

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I suspect "pick an argument with the EU" will be the new smoke and mirrors to replace "blame the EU for something we voted for" when the government wants to distract the easily lead.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's quite appropriate for the UK Prime Minister to send the Royal Navy to an area where the French are making threats.

According to the BBC this morning, many Jersey based boats have come out and joined the blockade in solidarity with the French on this matter :?

UK freeports blow as exporters face tariffs to 23 countries:

https://www.ft.com/content/625d1913-9242-4d97-9d0b-9cd6925c4e0e

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak have declared that eight new English freeports — announced in the Budget — will be a “transformational” benefit from Brexit. But officials disclosed on Sunday that recent post-Brexit trade agreements with 23 different countries included clauses that specifically prohibit manufacturers in freeport-type zones from benefiting from the deals."

Liz Truss strikes again! :roll:

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

UK freeports blow as exporters face tariffs to 23 countries:

https://www.ft.com/content/625d1913-9242-4d97-9d0b-9cd6925c4e0e

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak have declared that eight new English freeports — announced in the Budget — will be a “transformational” benefit from Brexit. But officials disclosed on Sunday that recent post-Brexit trade agreements with 23 different countries included clauses that specifically prohibit manufacturers in freeport-type zones from benefiting from the deals."

Liz Truss strikes again! :roll:

I think this is an example of the main problem for me.

Despite being pro-EU I could accept Brexit if it was being done by people who were vaguely capable and could produce tangible benefits. It just looks to me like the country is going to suffer for many years through gross incompetence 🤷‍♂️

Michel Barnier has suggested a halt on EU immigration for up to five years, as immigration is not 'functioning effectively' and said that links between immigration and terrorism do exist. 

https://www.rt.com/news/523461-barnier-eu-immigration-halt/

Isn't this the 'taking control of our borders'  rhetoric that got anyone on the Leave side who suggested it immediately branded a xenophobe?

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I was speaking to a Belgian citizen yesterday who is working in the UK.  He thinks the UK did the right thing in leaving the EU and made comments about the negative impact of immigration on his own country due to freedom of movement.  

I hope you directed him to the nearest port! Brexit means brexit!