Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

I really have no opinion on it but the thread has been loaded right from the start when the title of the thread begins with consequences, which implied something bad.

No, it doesn't. Actions have consequences, they may be good or bad.

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

I really have no opinion on it but the thread has been loaded right from the start when the title of the thread begins with consequences, which implied something bad. It could equally have been a loaded, " The benefits of brexit ". What it should have been was a  neutrel,  " The results of brexit".

Consequences can be either positive or negative. 

Though I seriously question whether people's contributions would've been different had the title of the thread read 'the results of brexit'. Had the thread title been 'the benefits of brexit', I doubt whether the thread would've got past blue passports, immergrants and phony patriotism 

27 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Now the UK has fully left the EU then future UK Governments can no longer pass the buck.

Which of course, in regard to the N.I.Protocol, is precisely the opposite of what the UK government has tried to do.

21 minutes ago, Magilla said:

No, it doesn't. Actions have consequences, they may be good or bad.

As post 3113.

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

I really have no opinion on it but the thread has been loaded right from the start when the title of the thread begins with consequences, which implied something bad. It could equally have been a loaded, " The benefits of brexit ". What it should have been was a  neutrel,  " The results of brexit".

Give me some tangible positives.

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's still early days and I expect the UK Government to take unilateral action if the EU continue to behave unreasonable.

You prove my point for me!

The EU is only asking the UK to do what it agreed to do.

Nothing remotely unreasonable.

The UK government is blaming the EU for it's own failure to prepare (or be honest with the people of N.I), and you're not even attempting to hold the right people to account!

Like wise I expert the UK Government to take tough action against the French if they continue to threaten to cut off the electric supply for Jersey.

Such as?

Edited by Magilla

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That's just your own anti Brexit bias view point.  Brexit has now happened and every UK citizen should now support their own Government regarding any disputes with the EU.

They could start by expelling  a number French diplomats similar to the action taken after the Salisbury poisoning towards Russian diplomats. 

All hail the leader! 😂😂

As for expelling French diplomats over a trade dispute of our own making. Do you think that goes far enough? Perhaps we should nuke Paris as well to be on the safe side 🙄

Guest sibon
51 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That's just your own anti Brexit bias view point.  Brexit has now happened and every UK citizen should now support their own Government regarding any disputes with the EU.

They could start by expelling  a number French diplomats similar to the action taken after the Salisbury poisoning towards Russian diplomats. 

When our Government begins to behave in a civilised manner, it will get my support.

Im afraid that’s not going to happen with the current bunch of charlatans on board.

58 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That's just your own anti Brexit bias view point.

Not really, the EU isn't asking the UK to do anything it didn't agree and sign up to.

If you can highlight something where that isn't the case, have at it!

58 minutes ago, West 77 said:

So, nothing then.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Do you think it's reasonable for the French to threaten to cut off the elect supply of innocent Jersey citizens?  Do you think the EU were reasonable when they  intended to block the movement of covid -19 vaccines across the Ireland border into Northern Ireland?

I wouldn't have a problem if the Royal Navy moved warships to the Channel Islands area to carry out practice exercises.

Why dont we supply jersey with electricity?

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Same reason why EDF supply the UK mainland with electricity.  The very fact Jersey is only a few miles from the coast of France made it logical to run electric supply cables  on the seabed from France to Jersey rather than from England to Jersey.  Jersey still does have it's own power station.

https://www.jec.co.uk/the-energy-blog/la-collette-power-station/

Your comments are hardly a surprise given the flag you're displaying as your avatar picture. It's quite clear where your allegiances lie.

So it's market forces rather than any sovereign responsibility. Ok.

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Yes market forces is the main reason. The problem now is that EDF is 85% owned by the French Government.  Having foreign owned companies responsible for energy supplies is proving to be a big mistake.  The Cameron Government made a wrong decision by allowing both the Chinese and French to get involved in building and running nuclear power stations in the UK.

And Thatcher sold off our electric (exept nuclear if memory serves). Maybe they could have run a cable to jersey with some of the profits.