Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Sources - and don't say Twitter/Facebook. :wink:

Does it matter if true or not, we accept that he treats those around him handsomely, by giving them very good pay rises, but the NHS and public sector get 1% and zero rises.

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Does it matter if true or not, we accept that he treats those around him handsomely, by giving them very good pay rises, but the NHS and public sector get 1% and zero rises.

Yes, it does matter - you said -and I quote ' gold wallpaper and a new Royal yacht I hear.' Hear from where??

44 minutes ago, West 77 said:

52% of the electorate voted to leave the EU in a single issue referendum which was far the best democratic way of deciding the UK's future relationship with the EU.  Less than 50% of the electorate could have prevented the UK from leaving the EU if the 2019 December General Election had delivered a non Tory majority. If the electorate had not wanted to leave the EU bad enough they could have chosen to elect a Lib Dem Government led by Jo Swinson who pledged to revoke Article 50 and keep the UK in the EU.

I wasn't talking about  the number of MEPs. There is plenty of evidence out there to support German domination of the EU. This is just one example.

How Merkel’s Germany dominates the EU

Germany’s share of the Single Market is FOUR TIMES that of the UK

https://www.facts4eu.org/news/2019_aug_germany#

That very objective website you refer to that describes the withdrawal agreement as the “surrender treaty” does not point to any bias in Germany’s favour. It just points out that Germany is much more successful than the UK at exports. With the UK out of the EU that gap is widening.

Could you name one sector of British industry that has so far benefitted from Brexit?

You seem to think that because we left on a democratic vote everybody should now stop talking about it or pretend that it’s all going great.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I stated Germany dominates the EU and the website I referred to backs up that statement. The reason why Germany exports more than the UK is because they have a much stronger manufacturing sector than the UK which is why the single market is a huge benefit for them.  

Brexit is a long term project which hasn't been helped in the short term by a once in one hundred year pandemic meaning it's far to soon for any British industry to enjoy the benefits.  I never voted to leave the EU for economical reasons but am confident the UK will still thrive and been one of the World's largest and richest economies for ever and a day.  Just for completeness the biggest benefit so far from leaving the EU is the huge success of the covid-19 vaccine program which would certainly not have happened as early if the UK had voted to remain in the EU.

Rule Britannia

Union Jack GIFs | Tenor

I hope y'all don't mind me saying but...

I still believe that a considerable amount of leave votes in the original Brexit referendum came from immigrant bashing racists who have a BIG axe to grind against immigrants in Europe and the UK.

Contrary to what some people think, I'm NOT racist, I just can't talk to Foreign call centres because they don't understand my strong local accent! :rant: 

Edited by Mr Allen
Removing stuff I doubt the Mods would've liked

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

When the UK joined the EEC in the 70's it was only just over 25 years after the Germans were defeated in World War II.  At that time many people still would not  buy German or Japanese cars because of what happened in the war. The EEC was sold to the UK public as a trading organisation and not the political organisation dominated by Germany that it turned into.

This is categorically false, the EEC was *always* a stepping stone towards political union in Europe, it's literally one of it's founding principles!

This was well known before the UK joined the EEC, and indeed was one of the central planks of the "No" campaign at the time.

Nothing was ever mis-sold.

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

Both those who risked their lives and those who respected those who lost their lives voted to leave the monster EU what it turned into.

Again, complete nonsense.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I stated Germany dominates the EU and the website I referred to backs up that statement.

Not really, it's just a bitter rant... summed up as:

"Germany makes products people want to buy, the UK... not so much"

There is zero evidence whatsoever of any bias in Germany's favour.

Then you look at the "About" page... and see it's basically propaganda for simpletons :thumbsup: :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I stated Germany dominates the EU and the website I referred to backs up that statement. The reason why Germany exports more than the UK is because they have a much stronger manufacturing sector than the UK which is why the single market is a huge benefit for them.  

Brexit is a long term project which hasn't been helped in the short term by a once in one hundred year pandemic meaning it's far to soon for any British industry to enjoy the benefits.  I never voted to leave the EU for economical reasons but am confident the UK will still thrive and been one of the World's largest and richest economies for ever and a day.  Just for completeness the biggest benefit so far from leaving the EU is the huge success of the covid-19 vaccine program which would certainly not have happened as early if the UK had voted to remain in the EU.

Rule Britannia

Union Jack GIFs | Tenor

To say the vaccine program could not happen without Brexit is a lie and you probably know it. The European Medicines Agency has no authority over where its members order vaccines from. Indeed some EU members are currently obtaining vaccines from Russia. We were actually still members when ordering the vaccines. The outstanding success of the vaccine program is due to the magnificent organisational skills of the NHS so you have still not named a Brexit benefit.

The pandemic has actually assisted the government in downplaying the disastrous consequences of Brexit so far. How can adding costs to every transaction be good for business and what is your definition of “long term”? 

Vaccine roll-out organization:  Nadhim Zahawi- DHSC-NHS England-Army.

25 minutes ago, carosio said:

Vaccine roll-out organization:  Nadhim Zahawi- DHSC-NHS England-Army.

I didnt know the army was dishing out vaccines?

Just now, hackey lad said:

But, but , thats from the Daily Mail. It cannot be true .

They get football results right too. This is right, the EU cocked up vaccine rollout and certain leaders made it worse. Doesn't mean to say we wouldn't have gone our own way with vaccines, we went our own way with other things. And it doesn't stop the daily mail still being a hate filled rag I wouldn't wipe my arse with.