Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Nothing succinct about anything that Jane Sandell says. 

UK fishing is now disadvantaged compared to what we enjoyed as EU members, as a consequence of Brexit.

She couldn't say it any clearer :roll:

Your desperate squirming doesn't change that... that you've managed to convince yourself it's disconnected from Brexit... priceless! :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

8 hours ago, Magilla said:

UK fishing is now disadvantaged compared to what we enjoyed as EU members, as a consequence of Brexit.

She couldn't say it any clearer :roll:

Your desperate squirming doesn't change that... that you've managed to convince yourself it's disconnected from Brexit... priceless! :loopy:

Once again, you're not listening to what Jane Sandell ACTUALLY said but trying to twist the story for an agenda. 

Don't worry they will be another story along in a few days that you can try & shoehorn into the thread. In the meantime, why not try reposting, post 3053 again in a desperate & lamentable attempt to convince yourself you're right about what Jane Sandell said?

I really can't comprehend the faux pain of Remainers.  Wasn't it the group  De La Soul who once said "Three is the magic number?"  However these days they'd be singing; 

"17,410,742 votes to leave and 16,141,241 to remain, a margin of 1,269,501 votes."   Ouch!  Oh, the agony. 

Even Gina Miller has well & truly moved on.  I suggest the ever decreasing band of Remainers do likewise.  The constant fretting about something people have no control over & a result you can't change, can't be good for someone's health in the long term. 

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Once again, you're not listening to what Jane Sandell ACTUALLY said but trying to twist the story for an agenda. 

There is no twisting, I quoted her verbatim, anyone can watch the interview.

The only person spinning like a top here is you! :D

Don't worry they will be another story along in a few days that you can try & shoehorn into the thread.

Indeed there will, and for many years to come.

In the meantime, why not try reposting, post 3053 again in a desperate & lamentable attempt to convince yourself you're right about what Jane Sandell said?

No need, the post stands, is correct, and can be verified.

I really can't comprehend the faux pain of Remainers.  Wasn't it the group  De La Soul who once said "Three is the magic number?"  However these days they'd be singing; 

"17,410,742 votes to leave and 16,141,241 to remain, a margin of 1,269,501 votes."   Ouch!  Oh, the agony. 

Even Gina Miller has well & truly moved on.  I suggest the ever decreasing band of Remainers do likewise.  The constant fretting about something people have no control over & a result you can't change, can't be good for someone's health in the long term. 

Back to that safe space you always end up at when you've made a bit of a fool of yourself... twice in one day today!

Desperate stuff! :)

Keep on digging... :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, Magilla said:

There is no twisting, I quoted her verbatim, anyone can watch the interview.

The only person spinning like a top here is you! :D

Indeed there will, and for many years to come.

No need, the post stands, is correct, and can be verified.

Back to that safe space you always end up at when you've made a bit of a fool of yourself... twice in one day today!

Desperate stuff! :)

Keep on digging... :thumbsup:

And yet you missed the verbatim about the two being "Totally divorced". 

More to be pitied than laughed at.  I suppose this is what we've come to expect when a Remainer looses an argument & a vote.   We're all used to it by now.  After all, we've nearly had 5 years of the continued, relentless moaning.  

Edited by Baron99

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And yet you missed the verbatim about the two being "Totally divorced". 

No, I didn't! :?

"Brexit means that we've got extra paperwork etc, etc, but this is totally divorced from that".

"That" being the paperwork, not Brexit! :loopy: :hihi:

Context matters! :thumbsup:

Again, the issue here is your complete inability to comprehend basic speech!

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

More to be pitied than laughed at.  I suppose this is what we've come to expect when a Remainer looses an argument & a vote.   We're all used to it by now.  After all, we've nearly had 5 years of the continued, relentless moaning.  

And again. 3 times in less than a day... the desperation is palpable! :D

You're going to need that on copy/paste the way things are going! :hihi:

15 hours ago, Magilla said:

They didn't do it alone, they did it in partnership, which is why many of those who did that fighting (who were still alive) lamented the stupidity of Brexit.

Somebody posted here that the Remainers were mostly older folks.

Should our elders be so easily dismissed?

Perhaps they were closer in time latest war for the subjugation of Britain, by our European "friends.

There's more ways to subjugate a nation than by blitzkrieg.

Are people still point scoring in this thread after all these years?

Seriously, go outside....

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Should our elders be so easily dismissed?

Perhaps they were closer in time latest war for the subjugation of Britain, by our European "friends.

There's more ways to subjugate a nation than by blitzkrieg.

Meh, I'm in my 40s and voted remain :D 

Mainly because unlike a LOT of leave voters (IMO), I don't have an axe to grind against immigrants in Europe.

13 hours ago, andyofborg said:

it was a long time ago, the world now is very different to the world then both geopolitically and technologically and rather than romanticise a six year period to the point of fetish, maybe we should look forward into the world.....

Times change but the human condition does not.

The lust for political power is as rife today as ever.

That's why the U.S. has some 300 military servicemen and women still stationed in Europe.

Edited by trastrick

On 01/05/2021 at 09:55, trastrick said:

The Brexit vote was stronger among the older folks not the Remain vote.

vote1b.png

11 minutes ago, geared said:

The Brexit vote was stronger among the older folks not the Remain vote.

Thanks for the correction.

It should have said:

"Somebody posted here that the Brexit voters were mostly older folk"..

"Should our elders be so easily dismissed?".

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

"Somebody posted here that the Brexit voters were mostly older folk"..

"Should our elders be so easily dismissed?".

They're not necessarily, it's not all elders:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2019/04/05/britains-wartime-generation-are-almost-as-pro-eu-as-millennials/

The ones with actual experience of what division brings weren't voting for Brexit.