Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Food and Drink Federation pleads with Boris Johnson to ‘urgently’ restart talks to resolve the crisis.

Zero chance.

This is what leaving with "no regulatory alignment" means, it's the new normal.

It is not solvable without giving up some of that sovereignty.

I watch an YouTube channel called ' A Different Bias' the creator uploads daily  videos  which cover Brexit and  it's effects also the government in general. I recommend his channel for an more in depth view on the Brexit saga.  I do think the UK or what is left of it will rejoin the Single Market and Custom Union in time  but unlikely while we have this far right government in power but an more enlightened government  in the future. The EU is not going away as much has some would wish. By then the economic damage will go deep it  will take decades to sort out all because a few MPs had an illogical view of the EU and failing to understand that by working together we are strong work alone your fed to the wolves. 

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Looks like it hasn't worked out for Arlene:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56910045

And yet this morning, she said she was going nowhere!  Too many things to do; (paraphrasing), "Pandemic to take care of; working-class families on estates to look after." 

Any chance we can have our Brexit billions sweetner back, Arlene? 

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And yet this morning, she said she was going nowhere!

You mean even as late as this morning she still hadn't worked out she'd been played for a gullible fool...

...looks like she's got the message now!  :P

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Any chance we can have our Brexit billions sweetner back, Arlene? 

The DUP might be stupid enough to have been tricked by Brexiter lies into supporting a NI damaging/Irish reunion hastening Brexit but they're not stupid enough to hand back the bribe they were given for supporting it. They are already in enough trouble with their own voters as it is.

On 28/04/2021 at 20:07, Magilla said:

You mean even as late as this morning she still hadn't worked out she'd been played for a gullible fool...

...looks like she's got the message now!  :P

The Torys utterly ruined her, and rightfully so.  The DUP clearly didn't care one bit about the future of NI, their one and only priority is pathetic point scoring against Sinn Fein.

Whats just as funny is they could well have started NI on the path to rejoining ROI.

Reading threough this thread was certainly enlightening. Classic Left/Right bantering.

I see folks wishing Britain to be an Independent Sovereign country being called racist, but once, not too long ago, such people were hailed as heroes, fighting against German hegemoney.

I'm a big admirer of Einstein who engaged in Thought Experiments.

I wonder what if our heroes had been defeated, and we were all speaking mandatory German. Would German Nationals face bureaucratic barriers for freedom of movement in Britain?

Makes you wonder who actually "won" the War.

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I see folks wishing Britain to be an Independent Sovereign country being called racist, but once, not too long ago, such people were hailed as heroes, fighting against German hegemoney.

They didn't do it alone, they did it in partnership, which is why many of those who did that fighting (who were still alive) lamented the stupidity of Brexit.

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Reading threough this thread was certainly enlightening. Classic Left/Right bantering.

I'm a big admirer of Einstein who engaged in Thought Experiments.

I wonder what if our heroes had been defeated, and we were all speaking mandatory German. Would German Nationals face bureaucratic barriers for freedom of movement in Britain?

Makes you wonder who actually "won" the War.

To quote John Cleese back in the mid 70s (see my Fawlty Towers topic) "Don't mention the War! I did once but I think I got away with it!" :D 

20 hours ago, Magilla said:

Will no one think of the fishermen!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56932551

UK Fisheries chief executive Jane Sandell complained that the UK government had failed "even to maintain the rights we have had to fish in Norwegian waters for decades".

10 out of 10 for effort in trying to link this to Brexit by posting it in this thread but its nothing to do with the UK leaving the EU, as stated by UK Fisheries Chief Executive, Jane Sandell on tonight's Calendar when she was pressed on the matter.   As she said & she aught to know, they are two separate issues.