Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

i'm not using the post office

what category is the item?

what are the limits?

what are the fees?

is VAT payable ? (at this end, their end, both?)

Edited by ads36

6 minutes ago, ads36 said:

what are the limits?

what are the fees?

Just type 'Sending a parcel to Italy' into the Internet.  Loads of options. 

A little less time spent complaining about solvable problems on SF & a bit more research may help. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just type 'Sending a parcel to Italy' into the Internet.  Loads of options. 

A little less time spent complaining about resolvable problems on SF & a bit more research may help. 

@Baron99  👍👍

i'm not using the post-office : i want / need a courier who'll collect*.

here's the point : i've never done this before, and it sounds like if i get it wrong i'll lose £200, *and* have some arcane fees to pay.

(*i've tried them in the past, and been refused upon their arrival as the parcel was 'too large' ... they charge a flat fee of 70p, and that doesn't cover parcels in excess of blah-blah-blah)

yes, lots of companies say they'll do this, and helpfully suggest that i just need to fill in form XYZ1a, but is it form 1a, 1b, 2a or 2b? - they don't say. Parcel force offered a link to follow, which promised to explain the forms and fees, but then simply asked me to pay the fees. what fees?

there's an ebay mega-thread, with no clear answers. some even suggesting i need to become VAT registered!

Edited by ads36

17 minutes ago, ads36 said:

here's the point : i've never done this before, and it sounds like if i get it wrong i'll lose £200, *and* have some arcane fees to pay.

(*i've tried them in the past, and been refused upon their arrival as the parcel was 'too large' ... they charge a flat fee of 70p, and that doesn't cover parcels in excess of blah-blah-blah)

yes, lots of companies say they'll do this, and helpfully suggest that i just need to fill in form XYZ1a, but is it form 1a, 1b, 2a or 2b? - they don't say. Parcel force offered a link to follow, which promised to explain the forms and fees, but then simply asked me to pay the fees. what fees?

there's an ebay mega-thread, with no clear answers. some even suggesting i need to become VAT registered!

I'm sure a good courier firm will talk you through all the necessary paperwork.  After all, they want your business. 

41 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm personally delighted how Brexit is working and have nothing to complain about.

Regarding remainers they were a problem during the withdrawal negotiations because the EU took advantage of the split and disunity  in the UK.  The remainers continue to be a problem  post Brexit because they don't look for positives and new opportunities and just nit pick over any teething problems. 

I suggest you use the post office then.  As previously stated it's a piece of cake.  

But you're in charge! Stop passing the buck!

50 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The remainers continue to be a problem  post Brexit because they don't look for positives and new opportunities and just nit pick over any teething problems.

what positives?

what new opportunities?

what teething problems are you referring to?

55 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Regarding remainers they were a problem during the withdrawal negotiations because the EU took advantage of the split and disunity  in the UK.  The remainers continue to be a problem 

For 50 years before the Brexit vote, we had to put up with Leaver-types shouting from the sidelines. It's our turn now, get used to it. We wont go away. 

55 minutes ago, West 77 said:

post Brexit because they don't look for positives and new opportunities and just nit pick over any teething problems. 

Teething problems are generally things which go away with time. All the issues we've discussed on here relating to customs and the good friday agreement are permanent, they wont go away when people get more used to them.  In fact, they will get worse when the UK implements full checks in a few months.  

Please feel free to enlighten us on the positives and new opportunities. I'm sure those who have lost and are losing their jobs as a result of your "teething problems" would appreciate knowing them?

52 minutes ago, ads36 said:

What is it you are trying to send?

Which bit have you never done before?

Did you struggle with the Parcelforce digital form here? https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/customs-forms/digital-customs-form

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

what are the limits?

what are the fees?

Best of luck trying to get useful information out of a Brexiter; they have difficulty understanding anything greater than a three-word-slogan.

I did ask this question a month or two back ; if you can view the previous thread I started, you should find some information in there.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm stating a fact rather than blaming the EU. There is no doubt the EU used the Good Friday Agreement to their advantage in the withdrawal negotiations especially while Theresa May was Prime Minister.  At least you agree the Good Friday Agreement wasn't intended to trap the UK in the EU but there can be no doubt the EU had no  peaceful intentions during the negotiations. I blame the remainers in the UK more than the EU for exploiting the Good Friday Agreement in their failed attempt to prevent Brexit.

You haven't explained anything to me . All you have done is recycle old  arguments against a technical solution to the Irish border with a closed mind. 

By stating Brexit voters are going  to have to accept responsible for anything makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution. It's not Brexit voters who have been the problem or caused problems.  It's remain voters who have never respected or accepted a democratic choice the majority of voters made on a ballot paper who have always been and still are the problem.

Hmmm. I don't quite know where to begin, but let's start with saying that your dogmatic views are very evident in this post. 

Again - the EU did not vote for the UK to leave the Union, the UK and voters like you did. So I don't really have anything to add to what I said originally, you, and by proxy your elected government has to provide solutions. If you think that is through a technical solution for a border than all luck to those who will have to implement it, despite experts around the world and indeed in the UK agreeing that there is nothing feasible about that solution. In fact, Boris Johnson doesn't even believe it is feasible anymore, otherwise he would have started implementing it.  

The Northern Irish issue is entirely the responsibility of the United Kingdom, historically, legally, ethically.