Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Absolutely correct. The reason was to regain our sovereignty again and being free from European jurisdiction and not being part of a future European super state.  The fact is the organisation the UK left was not the same economic community it joined in 1973.

I agree you have your sovereignty and we have our sovereignty here in Belgium, we never lost it.

You now have the opportunity to follow your own direction.  For what we can see up to now it looks like a very costly freedom.

22 minutes ago, Frans2755 said:

I agree you have your sovereignty and we have our sovereignty here in Belgium, we never lost it.

You now have the opportunity to follow your own direction.  For what we can see up to now it looks like a very costly freedom.

But not as costly as life in Belgium when the lack of UK money becomes reality, a hand in Belgiums own pocket will make a change.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The reason for the UK leaving was never about being better off nor about immigration.

I bet you couldn’t keep your face straight as you wrote this.

Even Boris or Rees Mogg would be unable to trot that out.Farage might.

I assume by better off you refer to monetary considerations,but as many have already observed there is no evidence of any benefits worth a light in any respect.

With each day,more issues become evident,some of which were swept under the carpet by the negotiators and Government,and some which were overlooked during the senseless drive to “Get Brexit Done”

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Absolutely correct. The reason was to regain our sovereignty again and being free from European jurisdiction and not being part of a future European super state.  The fact is the organisation the UK left was not the same economic community it joined in 1973.

I'm old enough to remember that big red bus and what was written on it.

Are nurses getting paid with some of that regained £350m sovereignty yet, or is claps-at-8 still the going rate?

Now, that's rather a lot of history-rewriting some of you lads are doing these days. 

But don't worry, enough people have functioning memories. A big lot of Scots first among them ;)

Edited by L00b

21 minutes ago, retep said:

But not as costly as life in Belgium when the lack of UK money becomes reality, a hand in Belgiums own pocket will make a change.

If I read it correctly from your reply it is the UK that finances  the EU.  We already put our hand inour pocket to the tune of  4 billion euro's,  which  for a country 7 times smaller than the UK and a population of around 11 million  we pay our dues willingly becauser we also reap the benefits. What you are saying is that you want to be at the front of the cue but dont want to pay for the benefits.  The problem is solved you pay nothing now as you wished, but you are now at the back of the cue.

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The irony of your posting this clip, when Ms Thatcher was an architect of, and instrumental in bringing about, this very "organisation which the UK left" last year, is not wasted on me, rest assured ;)

Rewrite away, peeps, if it makes you sleep better at night.

Because it'll make SFA difference to the new trading normal, and all consequences thereof, intended like not.

Edited by L00b

There really was no need for you prove my point with a quote. But thanks all the same, I guess.

As for this "United States of Europe" stuff...<sigh>...again? Really? You've still not learned a thing about what the EU is and how it works?

You realise that (i) it is not a federation (ii) nor any other sort of 'superstate' (iii) and it could never become one, without every single member first agreeing to it? Then what are the chances of that last one happening?

Please don't quote The Express or the Telegraph to me. That very same Telegraph which was blaming Brexit on Angela Merkel last week (Brexit is someone's fault now...and actually the Germans' fault, you see), and the Express which recently spun those British cheese manufacturers setting up a distribution hub in Benelux as a "clever ploy to help British businesses avoid crippling EU red tape".

It's just beyond the reach of satire at this stage.

Edited by L00b

9 minutes ago, L00b said:

There really was no need for you prove my point with a quote.

But thanks all the same, I guess.

As for this "United States of Europe" stuff...<sigh>...again?

Really? You've still not learned a thing about what the EU is and how it works?

You realise that (i) it is not a federation (ii) nor any other sort of 'superstate' (iii) and it could never become one, without every single member first agreeing to it? Then what are the chances of that last one happening.

Don't bother quoting The Express or the Telegraph to me. That very same Telegraph which was blaming Brexit on Angela Merkel last week :rolleyes: 

Looks like cracks are appearing,

"EU rebellion: Italy, Spain and France join eurosceptic alliance to leave Brussels bloc"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1388615/EU-news-frexit-italexit-Brexit-leave-Brussels-espexit-gallois-paragone-somos-espana

5 minutes ago, retep said:

"EU rebellion: Italy, Spain and France join eurosceptic alliance to leave Brussels bloc"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1388615/EU-news-frexit-italexit-Brexit-leave-Brussels-espexit-gallois-paragone-somos-espana

Nope, it's the Express so that means it's not true. EU good, UK bad

9 minutes ago, retep said:

any minute now

any time

it's happening

yes really, right now

and the German car manufacturers are finally coming to the rescue, too

right now

aaany time

you'll see

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hahahahaha!

Remember the last time when the EU laughed?