Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

42 minutes ago, Delbow said:

They're all luvin' it, luvin' it. What I don't get is how all this helps the forgotten places like Bolsover and Clay Cross, who were told this was for them. I mean, I know it's very early days, but by what mechanism will the inward investment they need happen?

as far as I can see the government hopes that removing or reducing employment protections will encourage inward investment, they don't seem to have much else on offer.

of course, once covid is over there will be thousands of employers queueing up to open businesses in those areas. 

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

and sack people in the UK and take them on in the EU

complete and utter nonsense, the lot of it

It’s madness mel, sheer and utter madness. Moving and/or setting up entire distribution operations inside the EU - ie jobs and revenues that could have stayed here in the UK going abroad. Jobs in small and medium sized businesses that make up the majority of the economy in this country. 

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s madness mel, sheer and utter madness. Moving and/or setting up entire distribution operations inside the EU - ie jobs and revenues that could have stayed here in the UK going abroad. Jobs in small and medium sized businesses that make up the majority of the economy in this country. 

just to keep something going we already had :D

Sorry to pop your anti-Brexit & continuously bringing down the country because the vote, 4 & half years ago didn't go your way & just for a bit of balance. 

EU firms are planning to set up in the UK. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-banks-idUSKBN1ZJ00D

Said it many times, if governments won't sort it out, businesses will. 

I bet somewhere in Paris & Berlin there's an equivalent to SF with people moaning in French & German "What? I thought we'd showed our combined strength against that horrible little island but what's happened?  We're having to use our euros to set businesses up over there.  I'm going to write a stiff letter to Macron / Merkel!"  This not we were told Brexit would be like! (But all in French or German of course).

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Sorry to pop your anti-Brexit & continuously bringing down the country because the vote, 4 & half years ago didn't go your way & just for a bit of balance. 

EU firms are planning to set up in the UK. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-banks-idUSKBN1ZJ00D

Said it many times, if governments won't sort it out, businesses will. 

I bet somewhere in Paris & Berlin there's an equivalent to SF with people moaning in French & German "What? I thought we'd showed our combined strength against that horrible little island but what's happened?  We're having to use our euros to set businesses up over there.  I'm going to write a stiff letter to Macron / Merkel!"  This not we were told Brexit would be like! (But all in French or German of course).

That link is a year old. Project reality is kicking in big time.

15 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That link is a year old. Project reality is kicking in big time.

The intention to set up UK hubs is still there.  Business will out. 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Wiped out don’t you mean? 

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Wiped out don’t you mean? 

No.  In 5 or 10 years from now, if SF still exists, people will look back on the these pages & wonder what all the palaver & posters (perceived) fears (driven by the agenda of feeling somehow belittled, that a vote, back in 2016, that most have forgotten what the arguments were about), was about. 

Before that time, politicians will have long got their acts together, both here & across Europe, sorted out reciprocal agreements covering export / import / tax issues, because they will have been demanded by big business & the customers they serve.  Let's call it a beneficial trading agreement shall we? 

Teething problems at the moment.  It's not an overnight project remember.  Just as your beloved Common Market wasn't before it evolved it to what it is now. 

26 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Really depends on if it's worth it though. Setting up an EU office gives a company more access to alot more people than setting up a company in the UK. As you said, business will decide.

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

No.  In 5 or 10 years from now, if SF still exists, people will look back on the these pages & wonder what all the palaver & posters (perceived) fears (driven by the agenda of feeling somehow belittled, that a vote, back in 2016, that most have forgotten what the arguments were about), was about. 

Before that time, politicians will have long got their acts together, both here & across Europe, sorted out reciprocal agreements covering export / import / tax issues, because they will have been demanded by big business & the customers they serve.  Let's call it a beneficial trading agreement shall we? 

Teething problems at the moment.  It's not an overnight project remember.  Just as your beloved Common Market wasn't before it evolved it to what it is now. 

In a years time it’ll be hard to find anyone who’ll admit to voting Brexit, apart from a few folk on social media.

Edited by Mister Gee