Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Kwarteng along with Raab, Patel and Truss - all Government ministers, in a book 'Britannia Unchained' labelled British workers as 'the worst idlers in the world'. 

It just beggars belief that we are ruled by people who clearly disrespect the electorate in such a shoddy manner.

Though Patel, as evident from her bullying tactics, is clearly a nasty piece of work; Truss is famously vapid, and Raab said  he hadn't quite understood" how reliant UK trade in goods is on the Dover-Calais crossing.

I just wonder whether voters in red wall areas like Mansfield, Workington and Blyth Valley would agree?

Just need to dangle the right carrots.

Sending foreigners home/stopping scroungers. Ben Bradley hasn't got a clue what poor people do with food vouchers, hes knows what his voters THINK they spend it on.

I see fishing and sea food business can now claim up to £100k each for lost income. I'm just checking how this works: (largely) vote for Brexit, get Brexit, start losing money because of Brexit, get given other people's money to be protected from the consequences of your own decisions. Is that it?

Think of the kiddiewinks!

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-18/150000-british-sellers-on-amazon-and-other-online-marketplaces-hit-by-brexit-charges

In other news, stocks of brass are in short supply after tonnes of it have been found wrapped round aging musician's neck.

BBC News - Musicians 'failed by government' over EU touring, stars say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55721729

50 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

One can only hope that those who voted for it are the first to volunteer for redundancy :?

50 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

In other news, stocks of brass are in short supply after tonnes of it have been found wrapped round aging musician's neck.

BBC News - Musicians 'failed by government' over EU touring, stars say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55721729

Roger Daltrey highlights that he didn't know what he was voting for...

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I see fishing and sea food business can now claim up to £100k each for lost income. I'm just checking how this works: (largely) vote for Brexit, get Brexit, start losing money because of Brexit, get given other people's money to be protected from the consequences of your own decisions. Is that it?

Sunak found a jungle's worth of money trees, then?

You are presuming that these claims will be honoured...

...when fishing and seafood businesses are merely the first 2 seats of the first carriage of a miles-long train nicknamed "UK plc".

It's not the sort of presumption that I would feel confident enough to stake my business' continuity on.

Not when there's a planeload or ten of carpetbaggers circling and waiting for the derailment, to then swoop in and pillage the wreckage for nowt; and then stash the proceeds in BVI and Jersey banks.

Edited by L00b

I see that Roger Daltrey of The Who is taking quite a bit of flak at the moment

Daltrey is one of 100 music stars that have accused the government of “shamefully failing” the country’s performers with its EU trade deal.

In a letter published in The Times on Wednesday, they said the government’s “negotiating failure” threatened the future of cultural exchange with Europe and that new Brexit red tape would make "many tours unviable, especially for young emerging musicians who are already struggling to keep their heads above water owing to the Covid ban on live music".

This comes after culture minister Caroline Dinenage admitted the UK rejected an offer by the EU to extend the music visa scheme to pursue more stringent border policies.

However, Daltrey a vocal supporter of Brexit Daltrey, famously downplayed the effect of Brexit on bands touring Europe, once asking "what's it got to do with the rock business?"

Roger Daltrey branded a hypocrite over anti-Brexit letter | The New European

It must be some kind of record?   We've gone a whole 24 hours plus on this thread without anyone posting (moaning).  Well I'll start you all off for the day. 

Some of you aren't going to like the fact that Nissan are happy with the UK's Brexit deal with the EU & that they're here for the long term, with thousands of jobs, both at the Sunderland plant & ancillary industries secured.  

"Japanese car maker Nissan has told the BBC its Sunderland plant is secure for the long term as a result of the trade deal reached between the UK and the EU.

It said it will move additional battery production close to the plant where it has 6,000 direct employees and supports nearly 70,000 jobs in the supply chain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55757930

Despite Project Fear postings, hundreds of pages back & months ago the when some here predicted that Sunderland would be an example of a post Brexit, unemployment abyss. 

No doubt we'll be treated on here to baseless conspiracy theories for  Nissan carrying on trading?  I'm looking forward to "Well they've been promised millions of secret Govt money just to stay" or "Well the Govt are going to scrap all the labour laws, so even if someone loose an arm on the production line, they'll be given a sticking plaster & told to get back to work." 

There you go, I've started you off.  I'm sure many will come up with more imaginative reasons why Nissan are happy to keep manufacturing in Sunderland? 

Off you go, have a nice day.  Looks the workers of Sunderland will be having a rosy post Brexit future, much to the disappointment to many on here?

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It must be some kind of record?   We've gone a whole 24 hours plus on this thread without anyone posting (moaning).  Well I'll start you all off for the day. 

Some of you aren't going to like the fact that Nissan are happy with the UK's Brexit deal with the EU & that they're here for the long term, with thousands of jobs, both at the Sunderland plant & ancillary industries secured.  

"Japanese car maker Nissan has told the BBC its Sunderland plant is secure for the long term as a result of the trade deal reached between the UK and the EU.

It said it will move additional battery production close to the plant where it has 6,000 direct employees and supports nearly 70,000 jobs in the supply chain."

Despite Project Fear postings, hundreds of pages back & months ago the when some here predicted that Sunderland would be an example of a post Brexit, unemployment abyss. 

No doubt we'll be treated on here to baseless conspiracy theories for  Nissan carrying on trading?  I'm looking forward to "Well they've been promised millions of secret Govt money just to stay" or "Well the Govt are going to scrap all the labour laws, so even if someone loose an arm on the production line, they'll be given a sticking plaster & told to get back to work." 

There you go, I've started you off.  I'm sure many will come up with more imaginative reasons why Nissan are happy to keep manufacturing in Sunderland? 

Off you go, have a nice day.  Looks the workers of Sunderland will be having a rosy post Brexit future, much to the disappointment to many on here?

Of course we are delighted that Nissan have committed investment In the U.K. 

They have been able to do so because of the absence of tariffs.

The fears of many were based on the danger of a No Deal Brexit and those who were prepared to settle for WTO rules.

Glad to see that one crisis has been averted,but its more than a stretch to say that this announcement is a result of Brexit.

There are many instances of the negative instances in fishing,music import,export,customs duties,transport issues that have to be negotiated.

I will share your joy when you can come up with businesses that are booming BECAUSE of our new found freedoms.

Edited by RJRB

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It is clearly good news, but it is hardly a Brexit win. It just isn't a loss. Brexit needs to show it can deliver things better than before,  rather than just maintaining things as they were. As yet there is no evidence of that.

I'm glad that Sunderland are no worse off than before for car jobs. I've also decided that the impact on fishing is good, because only ⅓ of species in British waters are not overfished. I hope they all go bust, then I might think Brexit was worth it.

Edited by Delbow

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Pity they have recently sold of the Leaf battery plant to the Chinese who have not got the same commitment.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-battery-plant-envision-nissan-18367089