Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

People REALLY do need to move on.

We are moving on by discussing the consequences of Brexit.

Feel free to chip in with good news stories as they arise .

For the time being it is apparent that in the short term there is a lack of preparedness on the part of Government and commerce as a result of the self imposed deadlines  required to get Brexit done.

Brexit isn’t done.Its an ongoing project and we are in the early stages.

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

People REALLY do need to move on.

Depending on where you are moving on to, may I suggest avoiding central London. Lots of angry shellfish produces in articulated lorries. 

But, that and all the other consequences aside - enjoy it! 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Unfortunately we can neither ask you to opt out or bar you from any future success.  When its up & running properly, like the rest of the naysayers, you'll be there, expecting your share. 

We can't opt out of any future failure either. You'll be there though, expecting us to take a share of that.

Those fishers are just luvin' it, luvin' it.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

We are moving on by discussing the consequences of Brexit.

Feel free to chip in with good news stories as they arise .

For the time being it is apparent that in the short term there is a lack of preparedness on the part of Government and commerce as a result of the self imposed deadlines  required to get Brexit done.

Brexit isn’t done.Its an ongoing project and we are in the early stages.

But you're not moving on.  If people who voted Leave actually stayed off this thread for say a week, we'd see nothing but a echo chamber with disillusioned Remain voters trying to out do one another with tales of woe, much like a sad Brexit parody of Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshire men', sketch as to who can top who, with their despair.  Some people do honestly seem to wallow in their perceived  misery. 

You say we're in the early stages, so at least you've recognised that, less than a month in. 

20 minutes ago, altus said:

We can't opt out of any future failure either. You'll be there though, expecting us to take a share of that.

Another who has their heart set on not trying to make it work.  You just sit on the sideline. 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

But you're not moving on.  If people who voted Leave actually stayed off this thread for say a week, we'd see nothing but a echo chamber with disillusioned Remain voters trying to out do one another with tales of woe, much like a sad Brexit parody of Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshire men', sketch as to who can top who, with their despair.  Some people do honestly seem to wallow in their perceived  misery. 

You say we're in the early stages, so at least you've recognised that, less than a month in. 

You’ve basically described this thread.....

Another who has their heart set on not trying to make it work.  You just sit on the sideline. 

I have moved on.What alternative is there?

It’s an ongoing discussion and I doubt that any of the Brexit sceptics are in a position to derail the process or have any hope of doing so in the near future.

Rather the opposite.

Manufacturers,transporters,fishermen,farmers,customshandlers,importers,exporters etc.etc. have the job of making it work.

Not all the obstacles are insurmountable in time but many are questioning where are the benefits.

Thats where I hoped that you might assist

37 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I have moved on.What alternative is there?

It’s an ongoing discussion and I doubt that any of the Brexit sceptics are in a position to derail the process or have any hope of doing so in the near future.

Rather the opposite.

Manufacturers,transporters,fishermen,farmers,customshandlers,importers,exporters etc.etc. have the job of making it work.

Not all the obstacles are insurmountable in time but many are questioning where are the benefits.

Thats where I hoped that you might assist

My bold. 

And you know what?  You can help them out by purchasing their products, insuring that the various industries keep afloat, especially in these pandemic times, thereby ensuring that salaries are paid, resulting that those wages are spent in local communities, keeping further businesses sustained. 

I'm not advocating that people should refuse to by goods from markets abroad, including the EU, that's their choice but look to your fellow British workers & the industries we have first & consider using your purchasing power in this country first, before you spend it on imported goods.

It amazing how many Remain voters on here  shout & moan, (and yes the moans are still tinged by the fact that they perceived to be 'loosers' in their own eyes, in a democratic vote, where somehow many can't accept that it wasn't ever going to be a best of 3 vote, or they can't accept that somehow their vote didn't carry more weight than the next person's vote), about the plight of British industries in this ever developing Brexit period, yet care little to spend money on British goods. 

There are approximately 33 million working adults in the UK.  imagine the internal market benefits if all spent the majority on British made  goods & how this would spark additional industries to start up, knowing they'd be part of a buoyant home market?

Edited by Baron99

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

And you know what?  You can help them out by purchasing their products, insuring that the various industries keep afloat, especially in these pandemic times, thereby ensuring that salaries are paid, resulting that those wages are spent in local communities, keeping further businesses sustained. 

I'm not advocating that people should refuse to by goods from markets abroad, including the EU, that's their choice but look to your fellow British workers & the industries we have first & consider using your purchasing power in this country first, before you spend it on imported goods.

There are approximately 33 million working adults in the UK.  imagine the internal market benefits if all spent the majority on British made  goods & how this would spark additional industries to start up, knowing they'd be part of a buoyant home market?

Those harmed by a Brexit they never wanted are under no moral obligation to spend their money to support those who voted Brexit.

People stopped buying British cars in the 70's and 80's because they were inferior to the foreign ones. It was only due to Thatcher encouraging foreign car manufacturers to invest in this country with easy access to EU markets that we have a significant car industry at all now.

It amazing how many Remain voters on here  shout & moan, (and yes the moans are still tinged by the fact that they perceived to be 'loosers' in their own eyes, in a democratic vote, where somehow many can't accept that it wasn't ever going to be a best of 3 vote, or they can't accept that somehow their vote didn't carry more weight than the next person's vote), about the plight of British industries in this ever developing Brexit period, yet care little to spend money on British goods. 

Have you any evidence to back up your assertion that remain voters "care little to spend money on British goods"? Or even are less likely to spend on British goods than leave voters?

I suggest you aim your 'buy British' campaign the leave voters before implying any Brexit failures are down to remain voters.

Sorry, still considering the loss of market benefits of no longer being easily and cheaply able to export to a population of 446 million. Given the impact of that, you leavers have some gall trying to claim you support the interests of British businesses and those who think we'd be better of in the EU don't.

People may wish to brush up on their Adam Smith. Historical evidence is that autarky doesn't work any better than state-planned economy. And geography still dictates the gravity pull in trade.

The UK needs to stick with its international trade, it was doing a sterling job of it until the headbangers took charge and made it declare economic war on itself.

Businesses just need to find their balls and put a Biden into no.10 Downing Street post-haste, whilst re-learning old-fashioned international trade fast, and slowly rebuilding bridges with trade partners.

Edited by L00b

My bold. 

I don't like shellfish. Can you do your patriotic duty and buy my share? 

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

Isn't that what Brexit is about.

Doom and gloom has been inflicted needlessly on the people of this country, to prove a point?

You complain about people who voted to remain say 'I told you so', did you complain about people who voted to leave saying 'you lost get over it'?

Spot on Mister