Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Have no doubts that for the majority the penny has dropped.

The key point is “after 4 years of negotiations we have a treaty and we must make the treaty work”

That is the fact and we shall see how prepared the essential services are,and how much of the detail has been considered by Johnson and Cabinet.

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Source for this please as it is appears unknown to people living in France...........................................

Nigel Farage, John Redwood, Mark Francois, Jacob Rees-Mogg, <etc>

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Starmer wants the red wall back on side. 

"Vote Labour, we'll stick with Johnson's Brexit"...Catchy! :lol:

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Nigel Farage, John Redwood, Mark Francois, Jacob Rees-Mogg, <etc>

"Vote Labour, we'll stick with Johnson's Brexit"...Catchy! :lol:

He's got pretend to want to send the foreigners home. Besides the electorate has forgot what happened in March let alone a memory of 3 years plus. 

Here's some more empty shelves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9132689/amp/Supermarket-shelves-hit-Brexit-port-chaos-staff-shortages-stores-run-low-fruit-veg.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top&__twitter_impression=true

46 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He's got pretend to want to send the foreigners home. Besides the electorate has forgot what happened in March let alone a memory of 3 years plus. 

Well, clearly that was the wrong Brexit strategy for Labour for 4 years, I'm not sure what makes him think it'll work this time.

46 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Regrettably, it's sounding like you should get used to seeing those, at least for a while longer: reports on the ground are that there is no cross-Channel traffic - period. Chunnel trains are running empty, traffic cams showing tumbleweeds on M20 both ways.

And that is a *far* worse problem, than the customs-blocking mongo-queues that were forecast. EU27 hauliers are unwilling to cart stuff to the UK, and UK importers are unwilling to pay the premium required to unlock that situation.

Sovereignty might be a suitable replacement for most ingredients of most recipes, hopefully. I mean, when Ocado emails its customers directly and en masse to warn about the non-availability of certain products, you just know it's not going to be about 1 or 2 line items for a few days.

Edited by L00b

54 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9132689/amp/Supermarket-shelves-hit-Brexit-port-chaos-staff-shortages-stores-run-low-fruit-veg.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top&__twitter_impression=true

......."Empty" according to the Daily Mail.  A quick view of the comment section seems to clearly challenge them on that point.

From my own personal experience at both Sainsbury's and ASDA I can't say I've noticed any mass empty shelves.  In fact compared to the empty shelves suffered during the first covid lockdown they were far worse and could hardly be blamed on vote leave back then.

An Online Supermarket has recently conceded that they had supply issues due to a lack of staff in their warehouse and covid. Add on the fact that there would have been a selection of morons doing panic buying a soon as Boris announced the latest restrictions and you will forgive me for not taking the the dramatics of the Daily Mail article at face value

Edited by ECCOnoob

14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Source for this please as it is appears unknown to people living in France...........................................

It allegedly came from Macron himself. Its a  quotation of him raising concerns regarding the amount that France would have to contribute to the EU, risk of it dramatically increasing by several billions and comparisons with France taking control of their own position if they leave. He was reported to be responding to a campaign group's polling results which showed an alleged shift in public opinion as to retaining membership.

I concede that the article was a random post on my Google news feed so may not be the most reliable.  However my principal point remains.

There will be lots of member countries watching the UK very carefully to see how things develop and will no doubt be considering their own position on whether long-term membership  continues to be of benefit to them . The EU may be a very different beast in a few years time if others follow what we have started and attraction of jumping in to rejoin it may not be as prevalent.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

It allegedly came from Macron himself. Its a  quotation of him raising concerns regarding the amount that France would have to contribute to the EU, risk of it dramatically increasing by several billions and comparisons with France taking control of their own position if they leave. He was reported to be responding to a campaign group's polling results which showed an alleged shift in public opinion as to retaining membership.

I concede that the article was a random post on my Google news feed so may not be the most reliable.  However my principal point remains.

There will be lots of member countries watching the UK very carefully to see how things develop and will no doubt be considering their own position on whether long-term membership  continues to be of benefit to them . The EU may be a very different beast in a few years time if others follow what we have started and attraction of jumping in to rejoin it may not be as prevalent.

Boris' Operation Bleach may take car of that.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Boris' Operation Bleach may take car of that.

Sort of a scorched earth policy as followed by Trump,although his operation bleach was directed at the Corona virus.

I find "Operation Bleach" isn't quite as catchy as "Operation Yellowhammer". It sounds a bit Carry On-esque, when the other is Ian Fleming-worthy ;)

3 hours ago, L00b said:

Well, clearly that was the wrong Brexit strategy for Labour for 4 years, I'm not sure what makes him think it'll work this time.

Regrettably, it's sounding like you should get used to seeing those, at least for a while longer: reports on the ground are that there is no cross-Channel traffic - period. Chunnel trains are running empty, traffic cams showing tumbleweeds on M20 both ways.

And that is a *far* worse problem, than the customs-blocking mongo-queues that were forecast. EU27 hauliers are unwilling to cart stuff to the UK, and UK importers are unwilling to pay the premium required to unlock that situation.

Sovereignty might be a suitable replacement for most ingredients of most recipes, hopefully. I mean, when Ocado emails its customers directly and en masse to warn about the non-availability of certain products, you just know it's not going to be about 1 or 2 line items for a few days.

OK.

I give in.

What the hell does "mongo-queue" mean?

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

I find "Operation Bleach" isn't quite as catchy as "Operation Yellowhammer". It sounds a bit Carry On-esque, when the other is Ian Fleming-worthy ;)

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

Perhaps Boris' Operation Bleach is trying to erase a stain on UK history.