Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 minute ago, retep said:

I am I've got one hand on the cup, the other holding out a hankie for the losers.

Wigan did that a while back. So how are you leading us to a golden age?

45 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Arlene Foster doesn't agree.

Arlene doesn't get to decide. She can't even stop a border poll taking place.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Wigan did that a while back. So how are you leading us to a golden age?

You'll have to lead yourselves now there's no mummy EU to hold your hands.

20 minutes ago, convert said:

Good to see free movement of goods to the Uk, from the EU.

Remainers need not worry, their supply of hard cheese and sour grapes is secure...

The head of Getlink (the company that operates the channel tunnel) said freight flows were extremely light this morning. Many hauliers are holding back to avoid being the first to test out the new system. Lets see how it operates when the traffic levels are back to normal.

3 minutes ago, retep said:

You'll have to lead yourselves now there's no mummy EU to hold your hands.

Lead then. Do something. No good gloating - you've had 4 years to do that - do something.

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Presumably the lorry park in Kent was the work of the chumocracy for a grossly inflated price?

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/sinkhole-opens-at-manston-lorry-park-240070/

Manston is just an old airstrip they pressed into service because they hadn't prepared the proper sites in time. The choice of it was more to do with it being big enough, close enough and available. They likely payed a grossly inflated price for it though - if you were the owner of the only available usable site you'd take advantage of the government's desperation to get the best return on your investment that you could.

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Lead then. Do something. No good gloating - you've had 4 years to do that - do something.

What have you ever done for me, do something yourself and get behind the country-do something.

1 minute ago, retep said:

What have you ever done for me, do something yourself and get behind the country-do something.

Get behind the UK- be democratic and allow the people a choice...

Join the rejoin campaign.

3 minutes ago, retep said:

No, it doesnt work like that. You voted to leave the EU, damage my business. Now it's down to the likes of me to get the country through the **** storm of a crap deal, inept government and lead the country into a golden age? No. Ill keep on keeping on, and you can keep wondering about carrying a hanky looking for people to blame. 

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Arlene Foster is in a better position to judge the mood of the majority of Northern Irish people than both you and I. She doesn't envisage another border poll taking place during her lifetime.  Northern Irish people have the option of obtaining an Irish passport if they choose.  The people of Northern Ireland are fortunate because they enjoy and benefit from being part of the UK and are also free to enjoy their traditional Irish roots.  The Northern Ireland people would be foolish to break away from the Union and throw away the big advantages of being part of the United Kingdom.  Arguably Northern Ireland are the biggest winners of Brexit because their people and businesses  get to enjoy the benefits of both leaving the EU and still having a close connection with Ireland who are still part of the EU.  

What are those big advantages?

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No, it doesnt work like that. You voted to leave the EU, damage my business. Now it's down to the likes of me to get the country through the **** storm of a crap deal, inept government and lead the country into a golden age? No. Ill keep on keeping on, and you can keep wondering about carrying a hanky looking for people to blame. 

Then it's down to you for relying on the EU, a lesson learned.

1 hour ago, convert said:

Good to see free movement of goods to the Uk, from the EU.

Remainers need not worry, their supply of hard cheese and sour grapes is secure...

This is gold. 

I have always tried to be magnanimous about the result, from 2016 to now, but they've not made it easy...