Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Just now, Pettytom said:

Incidentally, how is taking back control of our borders going?

One step at a time.

47 minutes ago, retep said:

I can see a lot of disappointed remain voters on the 1st of January.

What, you mean more disappointed than in the past 4 years?

I can see a lot more people disappointed than merely remain voters a few weeks into January.

The current logistics nightmare and shelves getting bare up and down the country? That’s a foretaste. Trade &customs experts can explain why, if you’re bothered. They were predicting the container crisis weeks ago, likewise the current Channel bottlenecks months ago.

56 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What's nonsense you are talking. The 2019 election was exactly an opportunity for people to change their mind. If there was even a sniff that the tide turned and people were no longer wishing to leave the EU - any party with even a proposal of overturning would have absolutely stormed it come polling day. They didn't.

Not only did the clearly brexit pushing Tories win the election they won with a huge increase in their majority share. If that's not a clear signal of what the majority wanted in relation to brexit I don't know what is.

I don't particularly like the results of leaving myself.   It certainly was never my choice.  However, I'm also smart enough to see see the clear direction that things have taken. Whether it is actually disaster remains to be seen but you cannot possibly pretend that the public have not spoken.

Who on earth are you to arrogantly declare that the majority electorate choice is wrong and your position is right?   That sort of attitude doesn't doesn't sound much like 'democracy' to me.  That's what dictators do isn't it.

This Tories huge increase was gained by a minority of the electorate. 37.something percent.

Over 50 percent of the electorate voted for parties opposed to Brexit (Greens, LibDems, SNP, etc i.e. neither Tories not Labour).

FPTP did the rest.

A bit less revisionism, please.

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

I can see a lot more people disappointed than merely remain voters a few weeks into January.

The current logistics nightmare and shelves getting bare up and down the country? That’s a foretaste. Trade &customs experts can explain why, if you’re bothered. They were predicting the container crisis weeks ago, likewise the current Channel bottlenecks months ago.

This Tories huge increase was gained by a minority of the electorate. 37.something percent.

Over 50 percent of the electorate voted for parties opposed to Brexit (Greens, LibDems, SNP, etc i.e. neither Tories not Labour).

FPTP did the rest.

So can I when goods are sourced from other than the EU.

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

FPTP did the rest.

Luckily for you, you are no longer interested, which is shown by your lack of posts on this thread...

1 hour ago, retep said:

One step at a time.

Best to step forward though. No point in stepping back to the 1950s.

Johnson is currently being schooled in who exactly controls that border. It’s not very pretty, is it?

You can expect a resolution to the fish problem very soon. 

Edited by Pettytom

Very much doubt it to be honest, Tesco already import large amounts of most salad produce from Morocco already, it all comes in to Portsmouth, so is not dependent on cross channel difficulties.

40 minutes ago, retep said:

So can I when goods are sourced from other than the EU.

What's stopped you before now?

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's stopped you before now?

For me nothing.

1 hour ago, retep said:

One step at a time.

"Walking backwards for Christmas" ?

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

"Walking backwards for Christmas" ?

There'll be a lot of French farmers walking backwards after Jan 1st carrying their produce back home.

Just now, retep said:

There'll be a lot of French farmers walking backwards after Jan 1st carrying their produce back home.

Why?

Massive market here on the continent 😎

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

Wow, that's one thing that the brexiteers can't see; they can see the glory lands ahead, the lands of milk and honey, (they can't see the grey days of shortages, or of the UK economy going even redder), but they can't see the UK population deciding they have been royally duped by the liars and charlatans that drove the brexit vote...

Brexit was/is and will always be a scam, we will never be better off outside of the EU. The unfortunate thing about being scammed, is the stigma and shame of actually falling for a scam. If you got scammed over the phone by some scam phone call or email, would you rock up at work the next day and admit it to your work mates? There will never ever be any come back on this, The minority of hardcore Brexiteers would never have achieved this without the general publics gullibility. And to top it off, Covid has now given them the perfect opportunity to overt blame for any short comings. Text book.