Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Nigel Farage is now complaining that the border between the UK and France is closed! I mean, I knew he was not the brightest, but this is quite unbelievable. It's what you wanted for heaven's sake! Let's see how self-sufficient we are now then. Fish for breakfast, dinner and tea I guess.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Nigel Farage is now complaining that the border between the UK and France is closed! I mean, I knew he was not the brightest, but this is quite unbelievable. It's what you wanted for heaven's sake! Let's see how self-sufficient we are now then. Fish for breakfast, dinner and tea I guess.

I noticed that MPs John Redwood and Andrew Bridgen were making the same points as well.

Nigel Farage Is Angry That France Has Taken Control Of Its Borders | HuffPost UK (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

Gormless gammons

"We can't control our borders if we're in the EU!"

"EU states are controlling their borders, waaah!"

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Who knew that borders had two sides?

"experts"

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

"experts"

Very good. 

It reminds me of when Dominic Raabies was asked if he'd read the Belfast Agreement and he said he'd read bits of it. I thought "You're Brexit Secretary, even if it's one of these big, chunky documents I'd expect you to have read it all". Then I found out it was 32 pages. Then I read the 32 pages and reflected on the fact that I'd read more of the Belfast Agreement than the Brexit Secretary.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Very good. 

It reminds me of when Dominic Raabies was asked if he'd read the Belfast Agreement and he said he'd read bits of it. I thought "You're Brexit Secretary, even if it's one of these big, chunky documents I'd expect you to have read it all". Then I found out it was 32 pages. Then I read the 32 pages and reflected on the fact that I'd read more of the Belfast Agreement than the Brexit Secretary.

To be fair to dear old Dominic, his reading brain was fully occupied looking for Dover in the AA book of the road.

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55404087

so

Countries ARE allowed to set rules on their own border controls

The devil that is the EU want EU countries to lift their restrictions on the UK (apart from none essential travel)

oh how we laughed, so ironic

I was just about to post the same.

From what I see, the EU are trying to act as a single body - which is admirable, as opposed to the old United Kingdom, which has now fragmented into about 8 parts. Scotland, Ireland, Wales, the North, the Midlands and the SW and then the SE and Kent. There is no consistent message across these 8 areas, the government is shambolic and contradictory and to think in a few days times we "take back control" - what a farce.

We have control but can't control... Farage must be laughing his Germany passport face off, while Boris is probably ruing the day he gave up his American one.

"Nigel Farage has renewed public profile at head of new Brexit party – but in 2016 German documents and witness confirmed passport application just one day after UK’s EU referendum result – and he has not denied that he holds a German passport when asked"

BRINO, bring it on, and this is what the rose-tinted spectacle wearers wanted and got.

Rejoin the EU - starts on the 1st January, form an orderly queue behind me...

15 minutes ago, Litotes said:

From what I see, the EU are trying to act as a single body - which is admirable, as opposed to the old United Kingdom, which has now fragmented into about 8 parts. Scotland, Ireland, Wales, the North, the Midlands and the SW and then the SE and Kent. There is no consistent message across these 8 areas, the government is shambolic and contradictory and to think in a few days times we "take back control" - what a farce.

We have control but can't control... Farage must be laughing his Germany passport face off, while Boris is probably ruing the day he gave up his American one.

"Nigel Farage has renewed public profile at head of new Brexit party – but in 2016 German documents and witness confirmed passport application just one day after UK’s EU referendum result – and he has not denied that he holds a German passport when asked"

BRINO, bring it on, and this is what the rose-tinted spectacle wearers wanted and got.

Rejoin the EU - starts on the 1st January, form an orderly queue behind me...

Reminds me of the Prince of Orange,

16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's embarrassing how long it's taking the EU regulators to approve a safe vaccine for the unfortunate EU27 bloc. Thank goodness the UK will finally be free from all EU bureaucracy on 1st January.

Or maybe it is prudent - who knows how it will turn out...

"Act in haste, repent at leisure"

After all, the UK was hasty in accepting the Brexit vote, and now see the economic disarray that has occurred.

If only the Government had been a bit more prudent in the implementation of the Act...

However, hindsight is 20:20 and we have to live with whatever shambles (Mr Bo-Shambles) was chosen!

1 minute ago, retep said:

Reminds me of the Prince of Orange,

In what way?