Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

36 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It was a manifesto pledge to negotiate for a future trade deal with the EU after Brexit was implemented on 31st January. WTO terms can be beneficial for the UK and also a  good trade deal with the EU can be beneficial. The fact that the EU know Boris Johnson will walk away from a bad trade deal makes it more likely a good trade deal will be agreed.  The real deadline has always been 31st December meaning the deadline hasn't been extended.

Prepare for what, a deal, which only last year Johnson said was most likely- a million to one shot it wouldn't happen.  If there is a deal, what deal should I prepare for? Should i spend time and energy and money preparing for every possible option? That sounds like lots of red tape.

Speaking of which, HMRC are nowhere near ready. Not even close.

33 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The obvious question being, if no deal is going to be so fantastic and give us all such great opportunities, why is Johnson willing to extend the deadline to try to get a deal?

Boris doesn't really know what he wants He's an opportunist full of contradictions 

In the past he would say anything  without conviction  if it furthered his career, and I don't expect he's changed. 

See the  contradictions.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/how-boris-johnson-has-changed-his-views-on-europe

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

The oven ready deal was the Withdrawal agreement and not a free trade agreement in which negotiations couldn't start until after 31st January. You keep forgetting Leave WON  the EU referendum vote and any future trade agreement has to reflect  that and respect the result.  There will be changes whatever happens on 1st January and British businesses have had ample time to prepare.

I forget nothing .

A withdrawal agreement is nowhere approaching the frictionless trade,and red tape free future  that Johnson dangled like a carrot in front of those lacking the knowledge to suspect differently.

There will be changes on Jan 1st and I suggest you listen to our business leaders who are shouting loud and clear that they cannot be prepared because they have no firm platforms to work from.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

You keep forgetting Leave WON  the EU referendum vote

As if we could ever forget with you lot reminding us every millisecond, sorry what would millisecond be in imperial?

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

As if we could ever forget with you lot reminding us every millisecond, sorry what would millisecond be in imperial?

it's around 11.11 micromoments

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

You are allowed to function without a load of unelected EU Commissioners telling you how to you know.   Or maybe you can't? 

Which bit of this would you like me to get on board with?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/13/uk-business-farming-boris-johnson-deal-brexit-bonkers?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It is your duty as a U.K. citizen to get on board with all of it.

Don’t be put off as you walk on to the good ship Titanic ,to be greeted by Captain  Pugwash and his crew.

8 hours ago, West 77 said:

The oven ready deal was the Withdrawal agreement and not a free trade agreement in which negotiations couldn't start until after 31st January. You keep forgetting Leave WON  the EU referendum vote and any future trade agreement has to reflect  that and respect the result.  There will be changes whatever happens on 1st January and British businesses have had ample time to prepare.

How many countries have managed to negotiate a significantly worse deal with their main trading partner making prices on imports more expensive and exports less competitive.

Way to go BoJo!

I feel so sorry for Boris (NOT). Um and arr about which campaign to back, decide Leave would give you the best shot at PM, tell a load of lies and pander to the Northerners. Blustering Buffoon act not appropriate to deal with a pandemic or the big boys of the EU

1 minute ago, catmiss said:

I feel so sorry for Boris (NOT). Um and arr about which campaign to back, decide Leave would give you the best shot at PM, tell a load of lies and pander to the Northerners. Blustering Buffoon act not appropriate to deal with a pandemic or the big boys of the EU

He's out of his depth in a puddle.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

He's out of his depth in a puddle.

Would that be a puddle of his own making? Those EU boys are really big after all 

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

It is your duty as a U.K. citizen to get on board with all of it.

Don’t be put off as you walk on to the good ship Titanic ,to be greeted by Captain  Pugwash and his crew.

I do enjoy a good fifth columnist jibe & admire your persistence but its not going to work in the long run really is it?  

I genuinely feel sorry for people who go through life without the tiniest spark of optimism in their souls.  But each to their own eh? 

Tick-tock.  Now that has got to cheer you up, surely?  Is does for the majority. 

Edited by Baron99