Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

19 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I like the cartoon.  That's a helluva idea to finally get rid of the Remainers & the ones who are continually pulling the UK down, like a bunch of amateur fifth columnists or those with no intention of pulling their weight in the brave new world. 

You are allowed to function without a load of unelected EU Commissioners telling you how to you know.   Or maybe you can't? 

I’ve just told my wife I’m an amateur fifth columnists. She’s nearly choked on her marmalade on toast.

50 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ve just told my wife I’m an amateur fifth columnists. She’s nearly choked on her marmalade on toast.

You won't be having that fancy stuff soon turnip marmalade for you mi lad

13 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Are you getting on board with trying to make things work for the benefit of your country & your fellow Brits or not?

A yes or no answer will suffice. 

The best thing for the UK would be for it to rejoin the EU, so as soon as we are out I will be backing the "rejoin the EU" party and trying to make things work better for Britain. So Yes.

39 minutes ago, Litotes said:

The best thing for the UK would be for it to rejoin the EU

why? on worse terms than we had? having to take the euro etc

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

why? on worse terms than we had? having to take the euro etc

maybe the terms will be better.... 

given as the country is unlikely to ever meet the criteria for entering the euro, i don't see much of a problem in saying that we will join  it. 

would it be such a bad thing if we did?

12 hours ago, melthebell said:

Lying and shouty jingoism mainly

and blue french passports, don't forget the blue french passports. 

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The electorate had a chance to stop Brexit last December in the general election.  The electorate gave Boris and the Tory party a big majority that enabled him to implement Brexit. I never ever expected in my life time to see Tory MPs  representing Rother Valley, Bolsover and Bassetlaw .  The best thing for the UK is for everyone to support leaving the EU and working together to make the best of the new future opportunities. Rejoining the EU is a pipe dream and the sooner you accepted the reality the better. 

or once the consequences really hit

people will see what crap theyve given themselves and want to rejoin

Europhiles pulling their weight and getting on board!

What meaningless rubbish some spout.

Of course they will.

Whatever regime we live under the driving force of most people is to earn the best living that they are able to.

Exactly the same as living under a Conservative or Labour Government.It doesn’t mean that your views and opinions alter after election night.

Eurosceptics have the whip hand and it is their responsibility to make it work to the benefit of the majority of the population.

Latest:I see today’s deadline has now been extended which I hope means that some semblance of sanity will prevail.

Edited by RJRB

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I like the cartoon.  That's a helluva idea to finally get rid of the Remainers & the ones who are continually pulling the UK down, like a bunch of amateur fifth columnists or those with no intention of pulling their weight in the brave new world. 

You are allowed to function without a load of unelected EU Commissioners telling you how to you know.   Or maybe you can't? 

So what are you doing then? How are you helping the country? Taking on more staff? Starting a new business? How are you helping more than me?

37 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Latest: I see today’s deadline has now been extended which I hope means that some semblance of sanity will prevail.

So long as the UK does not agree to LPF with strict regulatory enforcement, it doesn't matter whether that deadline gets kicked into next week or next year.

The EU position about LPF hasn't changed one iota since it was set as an EU red line after Theresa May's Lancaster House speech all those years ago. A deal is, and has at all times been (since December 2019), Johnson's to gift.

Why he won't, and will instead use the 0.02% of UK GDP that is fishing as the latest excuse to stall and risk the balance of GDP, is what the Commission does not get, nor the EU27 heads of state. But well.

The EU position will not change, either, no matter how often the UK asks, no matter what temper tantrums UK officials throw, and no matter what jingoistic rubbish imbecilic Ministers spout and do and British newspapers print.

I just saw the 'old latest' about the RN gunboats, and had a bit of a chuckle: I think France could start a nice scam here, and keep sending fishing and refugee boats, so it can keep making more and more British gunboats, wherein the fishermen corsaires get subsidized from the boat-building contracts :D

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

You won't be having that fancy stuff soon turnip marmalade for you mi lad

I’m off to Tesco in a bit for the weekly shop and shall stock up on Mackays Seville Orange marmalade mel.

32 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Latest:I see today’s deadline has now been extended which I hope means that some semblance of sanity will prevail.

The obvious question being, if no deal is going to be so fantastic and give us all such great opportunities, why is Johnson willing to extend the deadline to try to get a deal?

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It was a manifesto pledge to negotiate for a future trade deal with the EU after Brexit was implemented on 31st January. WTO terms can be beneficial for the UK and also a  good trade deal with the EU can be beneficial. The fact that the EU know Boris Johnson will walk away from a bad trade deal makes it more likely a good trade deal will be agreed.  The real deadline has always been 31st December meaning the deadline hasn't been extended.

And meanwhile all British Industry is given less time to prepare for whatever is to rule on Jan1st than it takes to defrost the oven ready turkey for Christmas dinner.

It could all have been handled so much better had Johnson and co not been in thrall to the rabid ERG and supporters.

These are the people who need to be on board etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55286327