Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Adequate food is a basic human right, not a wonderful aspiration.

This is a slogan.

Is it a 'right' only for Britons, Westerners and the wealthy?

What does this even mean?

Where is it written down?

Who enforces this 'right'?

17 minutes ago, retep said:

Sticking one up to the EU seems to be coming easier as they stick more than one up to the UK.

Well, we're talking about you here, and you've never had any problem sticking one up to the EU, regardless of facts and objectivity. So easier or not, same difference, really.

19 minutes ago, retep said:

52% would be in agreement

That was over 4 years ago. 

52% of all votes cast at the last GE, favoured non-Brexit parties (LibDems, SNP, Greens, Sinn Fein, Plaid Cymru & Alliance).

There isn't a single poll anywhere in the UK now, which still gives Leave a majority.

So no, they would not.

21 minutes ago, retep said:

I'm not the one knocking my country.

Can you eat that?

I mean, you started this with farmers. Where are you going?

21 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

This is a slogan.

Is it a 'right' only for Britons, Westerners and the wealthy?

What does this even mean?

Where is it written down?

Who enforces this 'right'?

Irrespectice of its legal basis, it's a point of debate, and well made in context.

It is absolutely the UK's sovereign right to impoverish its food sources and supply, by design (and 4 years on, with a few 'no deal' deadlines that flew by already, it has to be by design, surely you will agree).

In the absence of a war, and now in the midst of a pandemic, you have to wonder about the wisdom of it, however. Particularly when, objectively, it's a byproduct (amongst all the other consequences) of nothing more than an internecine conflict within the Conservatives party.

So defending that byproduct as some desirable outcome, is reaching paroxysms of denial. Probably to the point of warranting clinical attention, tbh.

Edited by L00b

18 hours ago, retep said:

Will do better in a home market.

yes of course, how many prospective buyers in this country compared to the EU again? so farmers dont need to make a profit? glad they voted to remove their own income source Oo

19 hours ago, Magilla said:

Nonsense! No business cuts off its nose to spite its face...

...Nissan, or any business like Sony, Panasonic leaving the UK is entirely a result of the economic impact of Brexit, there is no "revenge".

18 hours ago, Mister M said:

That sounds like a conspiracy theory worthy to be alongside 'QAnon' cack, or 'microchips in vaccine' nonsense.

Speaking of COVID 19,  Gammon hard man Steve Baker MP has been roundly mocked online for citing EHCR to back up his anti lockdown argument:

In 2016 Mr Baker vote to repeal the HRA. Speaking on  BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Monday,  he suggested that the Government could use “implied coercion” to get people to participate in mass testing.

He said: "This is a major infringement on a right to a family life.

“I'm looking at the European Convention on Human Rights as I speak to you."

Brexiteer ridiculed for ‘stunning hypocrisy’ after moaning that lockdown goes against ‘European human rights’ laws | Indy100

You should know by now, thats what these "obsessed" do, put everything negative that their glorious brexit has created onto others. they just cant take the blame, they dont listen, they dont want to listen to facts.

Its always somebody elses fault.

Minette Batters warned that the UK is unable to eat the amount of lamb it produces and depends on trade relations with France, which buys 40 per cent of the nation’s sheep meat, to sell on the product.

If British farmers were unable to effectively trade with the continent due to tariffs, she warned it could cause a vast surplus and lead to the mass slaughter of UK sheep.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-farming-agriculture-sheep-lamb-animal-welfare-a8992311.html

(Minette Batters is the  President of the NFU)

3 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Minette Batters warned that the UK is unable to eat the amount of lamb it produces and depends on trade relations with France, which buys 40 per cent of the nation’s sheep meat, to sell on the product.

If British farmers were unable to effectively trade with the continent due to tariffs, she warned it could cause a vast surplus and lead to the mass slaughter of UK sheep.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-farming-agriculture-sheep-lamb-animal-welfare-a8992311.html

well at least they only die once ;)

23 hours ago, West 77 said:

I believe the majority of people in Sunderland voted to leave the EU which included many people who worked at the Nissan factory and in other businesses that benefit from the Nissan factory being located in Sunderland.  The people who live and work in Sunderland heard all the debates before the EU referendum vote and weighed up all the pros and cons of remaining in the corrupt EU and voted accordingly for their own reasons. Not all voters decide their decisions for selfish reasons.

Good - 7000 ex-Nissan workers (and connected businesses) will have years on the dole feeling good about how they voted for brexit and made the likes of Rees mogg wealthier. 

By the looks of it, they’ll get what was predicted and exactly what they voted for.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Well, we're talking about you here, and you've never had any problem sticking one up to the EU, regardless of facts and objectivity. So easier or not, same difference, really.

That was over 4 years ago. 

52% of all votes cast at the last GE, favoured non-Brexit parties (LibDems, SNP, Greens, Sinn Fein, Plaid Cymru & Alliance).

There isn't a single poll anywhere in the UK now, which still gives Leave a majority.

So no, they would not.

Can you eat that?

I mean, you started this with farmers. Where are you going?

The vote gave leave a majority,  that's what counts the EU will have to sponge off some one else,  R.o.I will soon get fed up of having the EU on it's teat.

No but I can live with it.

29 minutes ago, retep said:

The vote gave leave a majority,  that's what counts the EU will have to sponge off some one else,  R.o.I will soon get fed up of having the EU on it's teat.

No but I can live with it.

You're not still dreaming of brexit triggering other counties to leave the EU are you?

A reunified Ireland still in the EU is FAR more likely than R.o.I. leaving the EU.

10 minutes ago, altus said:

You're not still dreaming of brexit triggering other counties to leave the EU are you?

A reunified Ireland still in the EU is FAR more likely than R.o.I. leaving the EU.

Wait while the bill bites.

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

I don't understand.  Batters says we're unable to eat the amount we produce, yet we import 70,000 tonnes from New Zealand every year?

Am I missing something in that we could just not import all that NZ lamb and eat UK lamb instead?