Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

3 hours ago, the_bloke said:

Apparently the planned new EU data protection rules break international law.

https://www.politico.eu/article/legal-experts-eu-data-proposals-break-international-law/

""Of course we will continue to respect these rules, but the world is changing a lot since 25 years ago. Not one of the big [tech] platforms existed," he said, repeating several times during the call that Europe was "open, but sovereign."

The Frenchman also indicated that the Commission would seek to trigger an exemption to WTO rules to ensure the data proposals comply, but ruled out the EU changing its commitments."

Will they when/if it ever gets beyond the draft stage?

The article seems to suggest the answer is "no" :?

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The people who live and work in Sunderland heard all the debates before the EU referendum vote and weighed up all the pros and cons of remaining in the corrupt EU and voted accordingly for their own reasons.

The people of Sunderland were promised by all the leave campaigns that Brexit would never lead to Nissan leaving the UK, and any notion of that happening was "Project Fear".

You can't accurately assess the pros and cons if you are deliberately lied to in regard to them.

Edited by Magilla

23 minutes ago, West 77 said:

l voted to leave the EU and just like leave voters in Sunderland was promised nothing by any of the leave campaigns. Stop making things up.

Brexit is built on lies, brextremists were promised lots of things. Everything bad was called project fear, stop trying to rewrite history

50 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I believe the majority of people in Sunderland voted to leave the EU which included many people who worked at the Nissan factory and in other businesses that benefit from the Nissan factory being located in Sunderland.  The people who live and work in Sunderland heard all the debates before the EU referendum vote and weighed up all the pros and cons of remaining in the corrupt EU and voted accordingly for their own reasons. Not all voters decide their decisions for selfish reasons.

Whatever.

I'm reporting a consequence of the Leave vote, and commiserating with those made to suffer from it against their will.

That is all.

35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

l voted to leave the EU and just like leave voters in Sunderland was promised nothing by any of the leave campaigns. Stop making things up.

Lol at the irony of this

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What you're doing is mocking the good people of Sunderland who made their democratic choice to vote Leave.  It's because of the likes of you who mock democracy that countries like China and other  other dictatorships will only get stronger as a consequence of what has happened since the UK voted to leave the corrupt EU.  Just for completeness the way Donald Trump has behaved since he lost a democratic vote has also weakened the democratic process.                                                                                                           

How am I mocking anyone in Sunderland?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

l voted to leave the EU and just like leave voters in Sunderland was promised nothing by any of the leave campaigns.

Nonsense!

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Stop making things up.

LOL! :loopy:

Have you forgotten the big red bus and the promises from Nigel? You need to lie down and have a good think

54 minutes ago, L00b said:

Whatever.

I'm reporting a consequence of the Leave vote, and commiserating with those made to suffer from it against their will.

That is all.

I'm sure the French farmers will be grateful for your commiserations.

2 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

Have you forgotten the big red bus and the promises from Nigel? You need to lie down and have a good think

nee'r mind it'll soon be over.

25 minutes ago, retep said:

I'm sure the French farmers will be grateful for your commiserations.

I will be delighted when it's over, I started preparing for it years ago, however not everyone is as fortunate as I am . Are you prepared ?

40 minutes ago, retep said:

i doubt it, there's *years* of fallout and  faff ahead of us.

until eventually we rejoin - it's simply inevitable.