Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

25 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Against all the odds, plucky little Leave

...funded, aided, promoted, and driven, by all the right-wing billionaires in the country...

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Up to you? 

it really isn't.

i voted, my ability to influence the final outcome came to end at that moment.

...and you say "you can stay where you are"

great! - how do i do that? 

Edited by ads36

The Leave vote was, in reality, a revolt against the rich. We took on the might of the global capitalist establishment, ducking and diving about with all sorts being flung at us.

We didn't do it because we wanted the status quo. We wanted change. We knew it wouldn't be easy. We knew it would be worth it.

and you're happy that it's being driven by those exact same people and forces you claim to be railing against?

Edited by ads36

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I am proud to have voted Leave too. Against all the odds, plucky little Leave took on the massed forces of the global capitalist Remain establishment.

And won. 

Ahem...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-24/brexit-backer-aaron-banks-how-much-is-he-worth

There are plenty of advantages for wealthy capitalist leavers.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The Leave vote was, in reality, a revolt against the rich. We took on the might of the global capitalist establishment, ducking and diving about with all sorts being flung at us.

We didn't do it because we wanted the status quo. We wanted change. We knew it wouldn't be easy. We knew it would be worth it.

Try telling this bloke.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnsons-donor-crispin-odey-eyes-brexit-jackpot-with-300m-bet-against-british-firms-0lwjbnqsn

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

We're not there yet.  You're welcome to join in or you can just stay where you are & not contribute to making a success of your country.

You don't say!

U.K. companies are turning to cheaper overseas labor to complete their post-Brexit customs paperwork, creating jobs in countries such as Romania and India due to a shortage of trained staff in Britain.

Edited by L00b

yeah, that's my fault - for not believing hard enough, sorry.

i am trying - right now i'm saving the British Fishing industry by willing all the fish to swim towards Democratic Patriotic British nets, rather than evil unelected bureaucratic EU nets.

50 minutes ago, ads36 said:

i am trying - right now i'm saving the British Fishing industry by willing all the fish to swim towards Democratic Patriotic British nets, rather than evil unelected bureaucratic EU nets.

why? apparently now british fishermen are up in arms as they wont be able to sell them due to "sovereign" british governement plans.

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

Looks like you'll have to will a bit harder, 

"Greenpeace activists have climbed the side of a Dutch-owned supertrawler fishing in a Marine Protected Area off the coast of Scotland, forcing the ship to leave the area."

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/greenpeace-stops-supertrawler-fishing-in-uk-marine-protected-area/

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Too many Remainers would rather contribute in attempting to make their own country a failure.  

I'm proud to have voted to leave the EU  and will contribute in making Brexit a success for my own country.

The country was perfectly successful as it was, until the crazy gang took over and pursued their vision of us as a tax haven.

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Looks like you'll have to will a bit harder, 

"Greenpeace activists have climbed the side of a Dutch-owned supertrawler fishing in a Marine Protected Area off the coast of Scotland, forcing the ship to leave the area."

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/greenpeace-stops-supertrawler-fishing-in-uk-marine-protected-area/

It’s ok everyone. That was five weeks ago. You can go back to painting Union Jack’s on Haddock, or whatever you think is likely to help.

What’s for tea Peter?

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The country was perfectly successful as it was, until the crazy gang took over and pursued their vision of us as a tax haven.

It’s ok everyone. That was five weeks ago. You can go back to painting Union Jack’s on Haddock, or whatever you think is likely to help.

What’s for tea Peter?

Thieving protected fish seems like it's ok  to  some.

What are you having  Petty?

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Too many Remainers would rather contribute in attempting to make their own country a failure.  

I'm proud to have voted to leave the EU  and will contribute in making Brexit a success for my own country.

I am not at all sure how either of these  supposed contributions can be reality.

We all have to get by as best we can with the consequences