Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

21 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You know full well that I am referring to the greengrocers of many years ago who were used to the system we had at that time, as we all were.

except time has moved on, you may want to live in some 1950s fantasy world but the 50s along with the empire are long gone you need to accept that. most people want to live in a forward looking modern country

4 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

except time has moved on, you may want to live in some 1950s fantasy world but the 50s along with the empire are long gone you need to accept that. most people want to live in a forward looking modern country

I have just pointed out that I am not talking about the present but about the things which were done in our early years as menbers of the Common Market.

Time may have moved on now but I am not referring to the present time am I?

I can't be sure whether you are all pretending you don't understand or whether you really are obtuse.

I should have known that it would be heavy going discussing anything with people who voted to remain.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I have just pointed out that I am not talking about the present but about the things which were done in our early years as menbers of the Common Market.

Time may have moved on now but I am not referring to the present time am I?

I can't be sure whether you are all pretending you don't understand or whether you really are obtuse.

I should have known that it would be heavy going discussing anything with people who voted to remain.

But you voted at the present time - so any vote you made had to apply to the current position.

We can't turn the clock back - just forwards.

Metric system is easy to use, just do what we all do in manufacturing and construction. Small is millimetres cos we can’t be arsed to do fractions. Next is inches and feet, then metres and miles. Absolutely nobody except schools and the Argos book uses centimetres.

22 minutes ago, Litotes said:

But you voted at the present time - so any vote you made had to apply to the current position.

We can't turn the clock back - just forwards.

I am not going to keep repeating myself.

I have stated why I voted for Brexit and I didn't vote for one single reason.

You know why I voted the way I did because this was your response to my post

"Seriously, thank you - this is almost the first articulated explanation of why a leaver voted leave - apart from the usual 'take back control' 'bendy banana' response".

If you have something constructive to say then say it although it seems you can't remember what you said anyway.

I don't know why you all keep carping on anyway, because there is only one other person besides me listening and, in my opinion you have lost the argument as well as the referendum.

I do have more important things to do than sit here if you are all going to keep going round in circles with metrication because you can't  think of anything else to say.

Enough time wasted.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Phew.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I have stated why I voted for Brexit and I didn't vote for one single reason.

You know why I voted the way I did because this was your response to my post

"Seriously, thank you - this is almost the first articulated explanation of why a leaver voted leave - apart from the usual 'take back control' 'bendy banana' response".

If you have something constructive to say then say it although it seems you can't remember what you said anyway.

I don't know why you all keep carping on anyway, because there is only one other person besides me listening and, in my opinion you have lost the argument as well as the referendum.

I do have more important things to do than sit here if you are all going to keep going round in circles with metrication because you can't  think of anything else to say.

Enough time wasted.

We keep banging on about it because you haven't yet come out with any valid reason as to why we are going to be better off out than in. If you do, we will stop banging on about it. The bendy banana, and other fake debunked rhetoric you posted a day or two ago doesn't count. Please try again. What are the real benefits of leaving? You seem to know what you are doing, educate us.

Just a little tip on metric if you are struggling, Think of it as £'s and pence, it is exactly the same 1 pence 5 pence 10 pence £1 (100) pence, now equate that to millimetres and centimetres. You do understand Pounds and pence right? As you seem to be stuck in the 50's do you still work on pre decimalisation?  Little tip on nostalgia, we all love a bit of nostalgia.I was born in the sixties,  went through my infant, junior and teenage years in the 70's and 80's, funnily enough as part of the European union and EEC in the early days of that. Now where were we? oh yeah nostalgia, go visit them places you used to love as a kid and see how much they have changed.  

41 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

We keep banging on about it because you haven't yet come out with any valid reason as to why we are going to be better off out than in. If you do, we will stop banging on about it. The bendy banana, and other fake debunked rhetoric you posted a day or two ago doesn't count. Please try again. What are the real benefits of leaving? You seem to know what you are doing, educate us.

Just a little tip on metric if you are struggling, Think of it as £'s and pence, it is exactly the same 1 pence 5 pence 10 pence £1 (100) pence, now equate that to millimetres and centimetres. You do understand Pounds and pence right? As you seem to be stuck in the 50's do you still work on pre decimalisation?  Little tip on nostalgia, we all love a bit of nostalgia.I was born in the sixties,  went through my infant, junior and teenage years in the 70's and 80's, funnily enough as part of the European union and EEC in the early days of that. Now where were we? oh yeah nostalgia, go visit them places you used to love as a kid and see how much they have changed.  

I do not have to give you any valid reason for anything - that would be a pointless exercise anyway as none of you would accept it.

You can't put up any argument why my statements are debunked either by whom or when and I will not accept your word.

Forget the banana and get your teeth into the full list of points I made if you can.

I can't say that I've noticed how prosperous this country has become in our 40 years as members of the EU - the country can't afford to do all the things that we did with no trouble in the 60's

so where are all these benefits which you claim it's brought us.  You only think life is better because you don't remember what it was like.

I don't want or need any tips on metric as my maths are good and I'm sure they are much better than yours.

I coped fine from day one but I knew plenty of others who struggled and I am old enough to know that the working classes were cruelly ripped off when we changed

to metric currency but you would still  only be buying penny sherbets then whilst I was trying to raise a family.

Little tip on nostalgia for you - try visiting your birthplace regularly as I do - it's lovely if you happen to have a bit of emotion in you.

I still (up until Covid started) go for a drink every couple of weeks, in one of my old local pubs where I drank when I was 18 with my Dad.

There have been some changes but mostly it's still the same except a lot of very lovely people are obviously now missing.

Progress these days is very much over-rated and we now have to depend on Asian countries to sell us goods that mostly deserve to go straight in the bin.

Now tell me it doesn't look daft when we have a Queen riding in an ornate gold stagecoach and all the menfolk in their over-braided military uniforms whilst we are told what we can and can't do by Europe.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Phew.

My, you do have a way with words.

Freedom of Movement - a weapon of the upper class and the middle class to attack the housing, education, health care and employment prospects of the working class. 

Freedom of movement means a source of cheap non-unionised labour to the greedy upper capitalist class. From filling large warehouses with workers to serving staff in pubs and restaurants. 

Freedom of Movement for the selfish middle class means reduced costs in the hospitality sector and domestic services. From restaurants to plumbers to nanny's.

Freedom of Movement means increased competition for the very basics of life to the struggling working class. Everything from a roof over the head to a school place, to a low wage job to a doctor's appointment.

Freedom of Movement has always been a tool of the class war and it has rightly been removed from those who benefit from it the most - the wealthy.

A wonderful consequence of Brexit.

Edited by Car Boot

32 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Freedom of Movement - a weapon of the upper class and the middle class to attack the housing, education, health care and employment prospects of the working class. 

Freedom of movement means a source of cheap non-unionised labour to the greedy upper capitalist class. From filling large warehouses with workers to serving staff in pubs and restaurants. 

Freedom of Movement for the selfish middle class means reduced costs in the hospitality sector and domestic services. From restaurants to plumbers to nanny's.

Freedom of Movement means increased competition for the very basics of life to the struggling working class. Everything from a roof over the head to a school place, to a low wage job to a doctor's appointment.

Freedom of Movement has always been a tool of the class war and it has rightly been removed from those who benefit from it the most - the wealthy.

I’d expect net immigration to go down then.  Has it?

50 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

"The wealthy" being, of course, that very 'class' who never needed FoM to live abroad and seize opportunities at any time, and won't notice its loss.

To the exact contrary of (e.g.) working class kids who for 30-odd years could lift themselves up by their bootstrapping smarts, enrolling onto EU-funded uni courses abroad through Erasmus. No more such opportunities for them.

So, no more FoM. Zero consequence for the 'wealthy' indeed. Yet plenty for the working class indeed. Hey-ho, 'tis the will of the people (so the wealthy said).

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

And conversely we could up sticks and easily work, live,  travel to the continent