Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The UK isn't leaving the European court of human rights.

What laws - that the UK didn't vote for - are you looking forward to seeing the end of?

And, for all the call for sovereignty, we aren't making a deal with the EU that the US won't approve first (ie one when we aren't breaking the good Friday agreement). 

Of course we can trade with the rest of the world. We always could. Ergo we can trade with Europe without a deal with all the tariffs that go with that. Do you think thats preferable?

I never said that we were leaving the court of human rights although I understand that Boris is still undecided about this.

I also never said that the UK didn't vote for these laws - the idea of Brexit was to undo that damage that British politicians have done by signing away our rights.

Cameron acknowledged that we wanted to change some of the laws but Europe wouldn't have it so the only alternative was to leave the EU altogether.

I'm quite happy to have a No-Deal exit and, personally, I  don't give a damn what the US says either.

Yes, of course we can trade with the rest of the world but you are wrong to say we always could. We couldn't make trade deals  until after the withdrawal agreement, so now we can.

If we get landed with tariffs then so does Europe and it will hurt them far more and yes, I would sooner pay tariffs than be in Europe.

They are already desperate about their car industry which is why they decided to come back to the table again.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I never said that we were leaving the court of human rights although I understand that Boris is still undecided about this.

I also never said that the UK didn't vote for these laws - the idea of Brexit was to undo that damage that British politicians have done by signing away our rights.

Cameron acknowledged that we wanted to change some of the laws but Europe wouldn't have it so the only alternative was to leave the EU altogether.

I'm quite happy to have a No-Deal exit and, personally, I  don't give a damn what the US says either.

Yes, of course we can trade with the rest of the world but you are wrong to say we always could. We couldn't make trade deals  until after the withdrawal agreement, so now we can.

If we get landed with tariffs then so does Europe and it will hurt them far more and yes, I would sooner pay tariffs than be in Europe.

They are already desperate about their car industry which is why they decided to come back to the table again.

Oh christ, not the German car industry coming to the rescue again. They're leaving it late!

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

(...)

You may wish to learn the difference between optics and strategy.

It explains why Johnson's signature of the Withdrawal was such a success over the EU last year, but then such a disaster surrendering the UK to the EU about month ago.

Or don't: same difference in the end ;)

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

You may wish to learn the difference between optics and strategy.

It explains why Johnson's signature of the Withdrawal was such a success over the EU last year, but then such a disaster surrendering the UK to the EU about month ago.

Or don't: same difference in the end ;)

You may wish to learn to stop advising me especially when you don't even live here.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You may wish to learn to stop advising me especially when you don't even live here.

Looks like we're getting to the true core of your political beliefs.

Just now, L00b said:

Looks like we're getting to the true core of your political beliefs.

My political beliefs are quite simple - a floating voter until we find a party that deserves to lead us.

Add to that only that I want to leave Europe and will not be satisfied until January 1st 2021.

Perhaps you would care to explain why you are so interested in supporting the remain side of this discussion if it doesn't affect you?

Can we stop with the personal comments please?

Discuss the topic, not each other.

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

Can we stop with the personal comments please?

Discuss the topic, not each other.

Understood

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Perhaps some of them do, indeed. If so, it would be good of them to explain the logic behind that foresight (I assume there is some logic to it). There hasn't been one like them in here since unbeliever, 4 years ago. He went very quiet in 2017, IIRC.

No rush now, anyway. The UK's out. And 67 days away from a slim FTA (hard Brexit) or no deal (hardest Brexit). Johnson's latest can-kicking, putting the deal/no-deal decision at the US election outcome in November very much looks like playing the clock for no deal to me.

But well. Brexiters still believe all will be well. Ex-Remainers are turning Rejoiners, knowing well that it will be a long game. And Europeans are past caring.

Them leave voters better hang on to those beliefs.

Would you  be pleased to see the UK economy trashed from 2021 onwards?

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Oh christ, not the German car industry coming to the rescue again. They're leaving it late!

Naturally all British execs are going to trade in their Mercs, Beamers and Audi's for Nissan Notes and Honda Civics 😎

47 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Naturally all British execs are going to trade in their Mercs, Beamers and Audi's for Nissan Notes and Honda Civics 😎

I thought Honda had already folded up it's tents and was leaving anyway?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47287386?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story