Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

And it should have been easy, for the reasons mentioned, if the EU had negotiated an agreement without wanting to punish the UK for daring to leave their club.

And it should have been easy if the UK hadn't kept moving the goal posts...

"and we also want..., and we also want..., and we want..."

The UK has been represented by a team of incompetent buffoons who have consistently tried to scupper the talks - and have succeeded - not what was promised, or what the UK electorate pays for - they should be sacked NOW!

2 minutes ago, Litotes said:

And it should have been easy if the UK hadn't kept moving the goal posts...

"and we also want..., and we also want..., and we want..."

The UK has been represented by a team of incompetent buffoons who have consistently tried to scupper the talks - and have succeeded - not what was promised, or what the UK electorate pays for - they should be sacked NOW!

Thought that was the EU, and they are still wanting.

Just now, retep said:

Thought that was the EU, and they are still wanting.

I thought you wanted no deal.

Easy - just walk away and take WTO rules.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I thought you wanted no deal.

Easy - just walk away and take WTO rules.

That seems to be the way things are going.

1 minute ago, retep said:

More "punishing" than a deal for the UK.

10 minutes ago, retep said:

It looks like we're waiting on the outcome of the American election before we decide our deal with the EU- according to one of the front pages.

18 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It looks like we're waiting on the outcome of the American election before we decide our deal with the EU- according to one of the front pages.

This one perchance?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/24/johnson-will-wait-for-us-election-result-before-no-deal-brexit-decision

"Doing what the USA wants" - is that "taking back control"?

Edited by Longcol

11 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

Everyone? Odd, I reckon most people here are waiting for people like you, fuddyduddy4 and gormenghast to announce the big plan of Brexit. So please indulge in announcing what the benefits are. 

Ta.

Please don't assume I voted leave just because I happen to disagree with someone.

Ta 

11 hours ago, Delayed said:

Please don't assume I voted leave just because I happen to disagree with someone.

Ta 

If you read my request with some comprehension you will find there is no such assumption. 

Please do enlighten me of how Brexit is going to benefit all of us. 

Ta. 

21 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

So once again, Boris wants us to be dependent on someone else's decision rather than making our own.

So much for taking back control!

Should we have expected anything else form such a deplorable example of a human being?

On 24/10/2020 at 15:58, Organgrinder said:

You should refrain from calling people who do not share your views "dumb"

I voted leave and no shysters of any kind had a part in selling anything to me nor did they have any effect on my decision as I had been unhappy about our EU membership for years.

Whether you like it or not, I, and many others, think for ourselves and if the result is not to your liking then, tough - you'll have to learn to live with it.

Despite your upset, we will still be finally out and, despite it being a long time coming, we can make our own choices again.

Unfortunately, I will continue to believe leave voters are "dumb" were sold up the river and can't think for themselves. Why do I think that?  Because not one of you in the four years or so of these consequence threads running have you posted what the true benefits of leaving the EU really are, and how we are going to be better off. Is being better off what Brexit was all about? Feel free to start posting these benefits, the floor is all yours, Until. then I will remain on this section of my post-

"Unfortunately, I will continue to believe leave voters are "dumb" were sold up the river and can't think for themselves"

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

You will be waiting forever and a day.

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

If you read my request with some comprehension you will find there is no such assumption. 

Ta. 

I would suggest asking someone more in the know. I have access to the same information as you