Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Brexit - Cake and Eat It (part 94)

Johnson wants a UK passport to still have a fast track entry to the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/23/uk-presses-for-use-of-faster-passport-gates-at-eu-airports-post-brexit

Presumably taking control of your borders only works one way...........................

54 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Brexit - Cake and Eat It (part 94)

Johnson wants a UK passport to still have a fast track entry to the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/23/uk-presses-for-use-of-faster-passport-gates-at-eu-airports-post-brexit

Presumably taking control of your borders only works one way...........................

of course it is, its all fantasy nonsense :rolleyes:

in the real world it works BOTH ways

19 hours ago, L00b said:

Oh well, gee, lemme guess: slam the door out on WTO terms, when the Article 50 instrument was delivered to Brussels at end March 2017.

AmIrite or amIrite?

It's quite amazing some people are still that dumb 4 years on. When even the very shysters who sold them the Leave vote 4 years ago, Johnson-Gove-Raab-& Co. are going on the record clear and loud now, and telling like it is and always was: this is going to hurt.

Or maybe they're posting to get a rise and laugh. Heh, I guess we'll see who laughs loudest in a few months, deal or no deal. Read up about VAT changes yet? :twisted: :lol:

While I bow to your obvious knowledge of the workings of the EU and politics LOOb ,I can’t help thinking your replies on this website smacks at William Joyce(Lord Haw Haw).Do you really dislike the UK and it’s inhabitants that much?

21 hours ago, L00b said:

Oh well, gee, lemme guess: slam the door out on WTO terms, when the Article 50 instrument was delivered to Brussels at end March 2017.

AmIrite or amIrite?

It's quite amazing some people are still that dumb 4 years on. When even the very shysters who sold them the Leave vote 4 years ago, Johnson-Gove-Raab-& Co. are going on the record clear and loud now, and telling like it is and always was: this is going to hurt.

Or maybe they're posting to get a rise and laugh. Heh, I guess we'll see who laughs loudest in a few months, deal or no deal. Read up about VAT changes yet? :twisted: :lol:

You should refrain from calling people who do not share your views "dumb"

I voted leave and no shysters of any kind had a part in selling anything to me nor did they have any effect on my decision as I had been unhappy about our EU membership for years.

Whether you like it or not, I, and many others, think for ourselves and if the result is not to your liking then, tough - you'll have to learn to live with it.

Despite your upset, we will still be finally out and, despite it being a long time coming, we can make our own choices again.

21 hours ago, L00b said:

AmIrite or amIrite?

Your posts just reinforce the opinion of many Leave voters that we were correct to support Brexit and be rid of the arrogant, out of touch EU. 

We knew Brexit wasn't going to be easy, with the EU desperate to set an example and punish the UK for voting to Leave. But we did know it would be worth it.

2 hours ago, fuddyduddy4 said:

While I bow to your obvious knowledge of the workings of the EU and politics LOOb ,I can’t help thinking your replies on this website smacks at William Joyce(Lord Haw Haw).Do you really dislike the UK and it’s inhabitants that much?

I'm so glad everyone is seeing his posts as I do. He will argue that he doesn't dislike the UK but it's the UK that dislikes him as a migrant by voting to leave etc, etc

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

We knew Brexit wasn't going to be easy, with the EU desperate to set an example and punish the UK for voting to Leave. But we did know it would be worth it.

But the politicians said it would be easy... have they lied to us? (Again, and again, and again)

"Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary has said. "

Liam Fox 2017

How many people believed him? - a deliberate misleading of the electorate - par for the course for the party led by a liar, cheat, sexist and racist bully boy.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

"Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary has said. "

Liam Fox 2017

And it should have been easy, for the reasons mentioned, if the EU had negotiated an agreement without wanting to punish the UK for daring to leave their club.

25 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

And it should have been easy, for the reasons mentioned, if the EU had negotiated an agreement without wanting to punish the UK for daring to leave their club.

Nobody is being "punished".

The UK (or rather the Tories) seem to want most of the benefits of membership (eg free trade) with none of the responsibilities (level playing field) -  or paying their subs.

Any examples of the UK being "punished"?

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You should refrain from calling people who do not share your views "dumb"

I voted leave and no shysters of any kind had a part in selling anything to me nor did they have any effect on my decision as I had been unhappy about our EU membership for years.

Whether you like it or not, I, and many others, think for ourselves and if the result is not to your liking then, tough - you'll have to learn to live with it.

Despite your upset, we will still be finally out and, despite it being a long time coming, we can make our own choices again.

The people I'm calling dumb in that post, very clearly, are those who still hold out after the last 4 years, that the UK should have left (and/or should now leave, still) without an agreement with the EU.

That is not "all the Leave voters", by very far: just about every poll you care to pick over the past 5 years (i.e. before the referendum and since), which measured the support for "no deal" shows that, incontrovertibly - and that those who have supported it over the years have reduced in numbers. 

If you thought my post was aimed at you, then obviously that is because you are this sort of person who believes in "no deal", and I make no apology whatsoever.

If your convictions did not (or now do not) extend to "no deal", then I don't understand your taking issue with it.

6 hours ago, fuddyduddy4 said:

Nah, I just dislike wilfully dumb people, from wherever. They're very easy to recognise.

Can't help you with the Joyce thing, I'm afraid. He was working for the Nazis. I'm not.

Unless you think anyone living and working in the EU27 and supporting the EU is working for the Nazis. But you don't think that, right?

[...erm, speaking of American-Born British people working with fascists...]

Edited by L00b

5 hours ago, Delayed said:

I'm so glad everyone is seeing his posts as I do. He will argue that he doesn't dislike the UK but it's the UK that dislikes him as a migrant by voting to leave etc, etc

Everyone? Odd, I reckon most people here are waiting for people like you, fuddyduddy4 and gormenghast to announce the big plan of Brexit. So please indulge in announcing what the benefits are. 

Ta.