Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2020/10/13/chlorinated-chicken-hormone-beef-trade-deal-brexit/

"The government’s food standards agency is readying itself for a “strong push” from other countries for the UK to allow chlorine-washed chicken and hormone-injected beef into the UK, documents show, despite repeated ministerial assurances that this will not happen."

Obviously, farmers are over the moon.... not!

23 minutes ago, Magilla said:

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2020/10/13/chlorinated-chicken-hormone-beef-trade-deal-brexit/

"The government’s food standards agency is readying itself for a “strong push” from other countries for the UK to allow chlorine-washed chicken and hormone-injected beef into the UK, documents show, despite repeated ministerial assurances that this will not happen."

Obviously, farmers are over the moon.... not!

That'll make a change from abscesses pus and  tuberculosis lesions in EU pork, surprising what you can get away with init.

35 minutes ago, retep said:

That'll make a change from abscesses pus and  tuberculosis lesions in EU pork, surprising what you can get away with init.

You don't make things better by deliberately making things worse 🙄

34 minutes ago, retep said:

You are of course aware that these mishaps also occurred in UK pork as it operates under the same rules as the EU for meat production. How is lowering the standards going to benefit the UK again Peter? 

25 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

You are of course aware that these mishaps also occurred in UK pork as it operates under the same rules as the EU for meat production. How is lowering the standards going to benefit the UK again Peter? 

Its not, it's the usual case of brextremists tactics of don't look at this, quick, look over there, see what's happening there

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

Yes and now we are out of the EU we may be making rules against it, keep your pigs heads and enjoy your sausages,

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_sep_eu_food_dangers

Edited by retep

3 minutes ago, retep said:

Yes and now we are out of the EU we may be making rules against it, keep your pigs heads and enjoy your sausages,

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_sep_eu_food_dangers

Thank heaven I voted to Leave when I see that the EU has lowered its food safety requirements. 

Your EU - exposing consumers to an avoidable risk of eating diseased meat.

Why? Because the EU cares more about maximising profit for the few, than protecting the many.

Better Off Out.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Just like the one braincell

No we won't, we'll be taking whatever the good ole USA tell us

Are they going to force feed you?

2 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

June 2016, The Consequences of Brexit first post was placed on this forum. We are now hundreds of pages into it and over 4 years later. We've had two elections in the meantime, essentially because the government could not find a way to make Brexit work. 

On the 1st of January this country will no longer be part of any trading block. It will be able to determine its own future. This is (according to Car Boot and other vocal Brexit supporters) what the people wanted.

Sadly I haven't got a clue how to make Brexit work. I therefore propose this new thread: 'This is how we make Brexit work.'

Feel free to take the floor vociferous pro-Brexit folks. Tell us of all the benefits we will have going forward. 

Over fours years later and the will of the people has only strengthened against EU membership. Elections have been lost by those who sought to overturn the referendum result. Affluent middle class people have marched on the streets to cancel the votes of the majority Leave side.

To Leave the EU is what I voted for. I still believe that this was the correct choice, over four years later. No part of the EU in that time has said, or done, anything to introduce any element of doubt to that belief, that I may have voted the wrong way. In fact, it seems to me, the EU has since June 2016 been working hard to convince me that I voted correctly.

Its shocking that the EU has done so little in the four years since the vote to persuade Leave voters that they would be better in the EU. It only makes me think the EU really doesn't care about the UK, in which case we are Better Off Out.

9 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Over fours years later and the will of the people has only strengthened against EU membership.

Which, of course, is why the vast majority of the electorate now believe Brexit was mistake :hihi:

Brexit was never "the will of the people".

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Which, of course, is why the vast majority of the electorate now believe Brexit was mistake :hihi:

Brexit was never "the will of the people".

Did you hear about the June 2016 referendum? Do you know the result?

To Leave the EU is exactly the will of the people who cared to make their voices heard democratically. 

Edited by Car Boot

18 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Did you hear about the June 2016 referendum? Do you know the result?

2016 is so 4 years ago :hihi:

The vast majority of the electorate now believe Brexit was mistake :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

To Leave the EU is exactly the will of the people who cared to make their voice heard democratically.

A subset of the electorate, let alone "the people".

Glad we can agree, Brexit was never the will of "the people" :thumbsup: