Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

46 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You're defending the expense and environmental damage caused by the fig leaf EU Parliament?

I'm defending it because it's cheaper than the UK going it alone! :thumbsup:

As such, there's more money available for all the things you claim to care about...

...funny how your solution to the plight of the needy is always that they should pay more, don't you think? :suspect: :hihi:

Auditors say moving MEPs and their staff from Belgium to France costs at least €114 million per year. It's not just the costs accrued by the monthly relocation but the environmental damage caused by the transportation of thousands of parliament officials, political groups, parliamentary assistants and freelance interpreters and paperwork that is transported by truck between the locations.

So, of course, your solution is to increase that environmental damage by advocating increased transportation of millions of tonnes of goods from the rest of the world rather than from suppliers on our doorstep...

...again, funny how your suggestions always make the particular problem you're railing against worse, isn't it? :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

I'm defending it because it's cheaper than the UK going it alone! :thumbsup:

As such, there's more money available for all the things you claim to care about...

...funny how your solution to the plight of the needy is always that they should pay more, don't you think? :suspect: :hihi:

So, of course, your solution is to increase that environmental damage by advocating increased transportation of millions of tonnes of goods from the rest of the world rather than from suppliers on our doorstep...

...again, funny how your suggestions always make the particular problem you're railing against worse, isn't it? :suspect:

The UK 'going it alone', as you put it, gave us the NHS and the Welfare State. 

The EU gave us... Butter mountains.

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The UK 'going it alone', as you put it, gave us the NHS and the Welfare State. 

The EU gave us... Butter mountains.

Don't forget the wine lakes 😎

The UK "going it alone" Tories look pretty well set to dismantle the NHS and the Welfare State - how else are they going to balance the books as promised by Sunak?

14 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Did the EU fund the NHS? Our state pensions? Benefit system? Education?

Is that the same NHS on which Johnson & Hancock just spaffed a cool £1bn and crumbs, for PPE, apps & assorted other supplies and services, on their mates' shelf companies that have delivered nothing fit for purpose (if anything at all)?

The same state pensions and benefits that are the lowest in Europe by some distance, even though the UK outpaced EU27 economies after the 2008 GFC?

The same education that had "what is the EU?" as the most Googled question the day after the referendum?

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

The UK "going it alone" Tories look pretty well set to dismantle the NHS and the Welfare State - how else are they going to balance the books as promised by Sunak?

The books aren't supposed to get balanced - how else are the Tories' backers going to get your great grand kids in hock to their hair roots by age 1 day, and back up chimneys for subsistence without a grumble?

Get with the programme ;)

Edited by L00b

Ah, would that be a Brexit-supporting MP frequently visiting the Continent with his pet, belatedly surprised to find out that he'll have to quarantine it when he returns to the UK, as a result of 'no deal'?

....I can't hear the million of tiny violins playing in the background, somehow...

Coincidentally and topically, our 'English-speaking' Patterdale got a new pet passport a few months ago, as the original British one had ran out of room for the worming treatment notes (1/trip, mandatory). What with Brexit and stuff...I got him a French one :D :lol:

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

....I can't hear the million of tiny violins playing in the background, somehow...

Same for villages in Kent...

English villages wake up to find they’re Brexit’s new border:

https://apnews.com/article/brexit-england-europe-global-trade-archive-4272936194f60e973210cdb772918d68

44 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Same for villages in Kent...

English villages wake up to find they’re Brexit’s new border:

https://apnews.com/article/brexit-england-europe-global-trade-archive-4272936194f60e973210cdb772918d68

I think Kent voted 60-40 for brexit,

They won, they should get over it.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

<…>

That's nice isn't it.

I'll see your chlorinated chickens and ractopamined pork, and raise you this:

A government minister has criticised businesses for taking a "head in the sand approach" when preparing for post-Brexit trade.

Treasury and Cabinet Office Minister Lord Agnew said traders "really must engage in a more energetic way" to be ready for the end of the transition period on 31 December.

I mean, after 4 years of all this...

...I'm just in total awe at the Tories' chutzpah, here.

And <removed>  myself laughing. In equal measure :lol:

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

In other news the government have successfully voted stopped a bid to ensure foreign food imports meet current standards.

Prue Leith fails to spot what she was actually voting for:

How daft do you have to be?

You couldn't make it up! :?