Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

51 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I don't support the Tory government.

I support a full, clean, No Deal Brexit. Just what we voted for. 

Let's do this.

So you support the Tory government since it's stuffed to the gills with brextremists

23 hours ago, Tony said:

1. Apparently it's the 95th such "legal action" taken against the UK by the EU. Its difficult to see why this one is so important. Oh - I forgot, it's the Remain vote lost in 2016 and a few people who are still living in the past seem to think it's more than politics at work.

2. "International Law" is totally misrepresented. There is no "International Policeman" that's going to arrest the UK. There is no "International Prosecutor" that's taking the UK to the "International Court" where and "International Judge" will lock up the UK. "International Law" is another name for a treaty signed by two or more parties. The treaty is only as good as each party's willingness to stick with it so if one party decides they don't like some or all of it then they will make their own internal decisions on a way forward. The only resolutions available are those within the treaty providing that both parties are willing to apply any sanctions contained therein.

As to "international respect" you make a fair point. There may or may not be wider collateral effects but for anyone worried about the UK's "International Reputation For Trust" needs to have a long hard think about the real collateral effects caused by those 94 prior infractions that you've never heard of. For reference the £ went up against the € over the week that the "legal action" was announced.  It seems that you have little to worry about on the matter of international trust. UK PLC is still one of the most trusted partners in the world.

Surely we need to be seen as trustworthy and true to our word, due to the brexit farce we need to make trade deals with most of the world, how will we if we can't be trusted?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I don't support the Tory government.

I support a full, clean, No Deal Brexit. Just what we voted for. 

Let's do this.

Who are “we”?

If that was the case why are “we” even bothering to spend so many man hours negotiating .

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Who are “we”?

If that was the case why are “we” even bothering to spend so many man hours negotiating .

"We" are the people who want all the power and money purely in the hands of the elite in this country to be given out to their mates in serco etc. 

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

Who are “we”?

"We" are those people who voted in Oliver Hardy who has now turned into Oliver Cromwell...

No debate, no discussion on legislation, just imposition.

No democracy, just rule!

It was all about taking back control... into one pair of hands

Hands which belong to a racists, sexist, liar and cheat... so no wonder Brexit is going sooooooo well.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Surely we need to be seen as trustworthy and true to our word, due to the brexit farce we need to make trade deals with most of the world, how will we if we can't be trusted?

Of course Mel, the UK needs to be seen as trustworthy and it still is. Everyone who matters recognises politics when they see it.

This has done UK PLC no harm whatsoever outside the minds of a few people who have taken leave of their senses over Brexit. The only people wanging on about "trust" or "breaking International Law" are people who voted Remain (and not very many of them at that) or people who don't have a scooby what it means.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Of course Mel, the UK needs to be seen as trustworthy and it still is. Everyone who matters recognises politics when they see it.

This has done UK PLC no harm whatsoever outside the minds of a few people who have taken leave of their senses over Brexit. The only people wanging on about "trust" or "breaking International Law" are people who voted Remain (and not very many of them at that) or people who don't have a scooby what it means.

And the only people who think that what Mr Boshambles is doing won't come back and bite the UK are the Brexiteers with their rose tinted glasses on.

But they are as much right to their opinions as anyone...

@Litotes the Remain In The EU side of the argument was lost in 2016.

If you're a smart chap - and you seem to be, if a little down in the dumps right now- you'll be putting your efforts into the UK to be on the winning side in negotiations for the future. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

If you're a smart chap - and you seem to be, if a little down in the dumps right now- you'll be putting your efforts into the UK to be on the winning side in negotiations for the future. 

Or finalising my own exit strategy...

Which do you think?

Just now, Litotes said:

Or finalising my own exit strategy...

Which do you think?

I think, why do you so much want the UK to be the losing team?

It seems a very strange attitude towards the place that has given you all you have.  You really are very down in the dumps about it Litotes, and after four years too. Perhaps you need to speak to people outside your immediate circle so you can form a more rounded view before you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You have a very privileged place in life, maybe you just need to find a way, or a person who will help you, to appreciate it a little bit more.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

And how do we do this - start chanting "Come on you Boris"? "David Frost walks on water"?

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I think, why do you so much want the UK to be the losing team?

It seems a very strange attitude towards the place that has given you all you have.  You really are very down in the dumps about it Litotes, and after four years too. Perhaps you need to speak to people outside your immediate circle so you can form a more rounded view before you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You have a very privileged place in life, maybe you just need to find a way, or a person who will help you, to appreciate it a little bit more.

Please don't be so condescending.

The UK has chosen to be on the losing team by believing the lies that were told to it during the campaign.

It also wants to continue to support a lying, mysogenistic racist, sexist cheat - and you expect someone who wasn't blinded by the false promises he has made throughout his career to support him?

He is no form of fit person to lead this country, a leader should be a role model - he is anything but!

When something happens in which you have a firm belief is the wrong thing - what should you do?

Give in, or fight for what you believe in?

You might want to roll over and make the best of a bad deal - but I would rather not have the bad deal in the first place and will keep fighting for what I believe in - and part of that fight will be to continue to highlight why the chosen path is the wrong one.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And how do we do this - start chanting "Come on you Boris"? "David Frost walks on water"?

Well a good start is keeping quiet in public if you only have negative thoughts.  Maybe see a therapist*, or try to be open minded why other people have different opinions and might just be right... in fact they probably are right if you're feeling life-changingly miserable about the same thing.

* re' life in general, I'm not suggesting that Litotes needs a therapist.

3 minutes ago, Litotes said:

When something happens in which you have a firm belief is the wrong thing - what should you do?

Give in, or fight for what you believe in?

You might want to roll over and make the best of a bad deal - but I would rather not have the bad deal in the first place and will keep fighting for what I believe in - and part of that fight will be to continue to highlight why the chosen path is the wrong one.

It's not fighting, it's a Don Quixote impersonation. I'm doing Sancho Panza.