Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

16 minutes ago, retep said:

If you want to risk your life you rely on the CE mark the evidence is there in the amount of fires caused by dodgy whitegoods.

Which bit did you think made it worth posting?

34 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Which bit did you think made it worth posting?

Probably the picture of the fake power tool on the floor in flames.

9 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Probably the picture of the fake power tool on the floor in flames.

Or these fakes,

"Faulty fridges and tumble dryers are among the common household items causing more than 60 fires in UK homes every week."

https://news.sky.com/story/eight-house-fires-a-week-caused-by-faulty-white-goods-11250607#:~:text=Faulty fridges and tumble dryers,in a Hotpoint fridge-freezer.

All CE marked. let's hope it gets better with a Kite Mark.

54 minutes ago, retep said:

Or these fakes,

"Faulty fridges and tumble dryers are among the common household items causing more than 60 fires in UK homes every week."

https://news.sky.com/story/eight-house-fires-a-week-caused-by-faulty-white-goods-11250607#:~:text=Faulty fridges and tumble dryers,in a Hotpoint fridge-freezer.

Why do you think a kite mark is better than a CE mark?

What specific improvements will Kite Marking make?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Why do you think a kite mark is better than a CE mark?

What specific improvements will Kite Marking make?

CE mark is the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Kite mark is tested by BSI, 

"A Kitemark logo certifies that the quality and safety of the product has been tested by the British Standards Institute, whose initials are contained in the logo. To obtain a Kitemark certification, a vendor must submit the product to the British Standards Institution (BSI) for testing. The vendor pays for the testing, which is repeated at regular intervals to keep the certification."

40 minutes ago, retep said:

CE mark is the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Kite mark is tested by BSI, 

"A Kitemark logo certifies that the quality and safety of the product has been tested by the British Standards Institute, whose initials are contained in the logo. To obtain a Kitemark certification, a vendor must submit the product to the British Standards Institution (BSI) for testing. The vendor pays for the testing, which is repeated at regular intervals to keep the certification."

But CE markings are subject to regulation and enforcement. They can only be used if a product meets relevant criteria.

Essentially, there is no difference.

15 hours ago, retep said:

Or these fakes,

Electrical items with heater elements that can gather fluff, are always going to be risky. Having worked in the motor industry all my life, I have witnessed numerous heat guns in bodyshops literally burst into flames for this reason. What makes you think it would be any different if these items sported a kite mark? You are just assuming, because of your hatred for the EU.  

19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

But CE markings are subject to regulation and enforcement. They can only be used if a product meets relevant criteria.

Essentially, there is no difference.

There is a clear difference. One is independently assessed, the other isn't.

I've prepared technical files for CE marking of industrial systems. They sit untouched and unreviewed by any independent assessor.

8 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Electrical items with heater elements that can gather fluff, are always going to be risky. Having worked in the motor industry all my life, I have witnessed numerous heat guns in bodyshops literally burst into flames for this reason. What makes you think it would be any different if these items sported a kite mark? You are just assuming, because of your hatred for the EU.  

Reasons explained by Bargepole 23.

On 18/09/2020 at 18:27, Litotes said:

I actually thought they were well articulated arguments.

Perhaps you could point out the errors as you are obviously better educated and informed?

Fundamentally wrong though since it confuses the micro and the macro. It's amazing that people still think that the EU and the UK do business together. I can't dismantle the arguments because they are  inappropriate bias led grandstanding rather than arguments. 

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Fundamentally wrong though since it confuses the micro and the macro. It's amazing that people still think that the EU and the UK do business together.

That would be the "each individual EU member" bit ;)

I can't dismantle the arguments because they are  inappropriate bias led grandstanding rather than arguments. 

Nah, that isn't the reason :thumbsup: :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

The EU regularly breaks international law and treaties. FACT.