Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

11 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Probably beyond? You're "sure" most of their products will fail?

What are the applicable British Standards for food production?

There are UK laws which enshrine parts of the relevant EU regulations into law. Much as there will be across the EU.

Where's any evidence that food production standards are generally higher in the UK, as compared to the rest of the EU?

I’d hazard a guess that they are currently identical. Given that we are still in the transition period. 

Which makes Peter’s rant all the more amusing.

4 hours ago, retep said:

The UK already has food and animal welfare standards probably beyond what the EU has, perhaps the UK should demand they come up to UK standards, I'm sure most of their products will fail the British Standards kite mark.

You mean all the stuff we've been importing from the EU, Japan, South Korea etc for donkeys years was substandard?

Please evidence (made up stories in the Express don't count) 😎

19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I’d hazard a guess that they are currently identical. Given that we are still in the transition period. 

Which makes Peter’s rant all the more amusing.

I would guess the same. They are in my own professional area. That's why we can CE mark equipment, because they conform to European norms.

On 15/09/2020 at 13:29, West 77 said:

I've told you several times our elected government believe the EU have not acted in good faith. I don't have to justify supporting our elected government. You're not adding any value to the debate by repeating the same questions after being given answers.

I continue to place zero value on all your opinions.

And I consider that Mr BoShambles and his government have had no intention of acting in good faith and never have had.

If they decide to break international law then there should be a crime of malfeasance raised against him and the cabinet.

They signed the deal - now get on with getting it done.

Or should we expect another whiplash U-turn from the lying, cheating, racist, sexist buffoon?

On 15/09/2020 at 13:29, West 77 said:

I've told you several times our elected government believe the EU have not acted in good faith. I don't have to justify supporting our elected government. You're not adding any value to the debate by repeating the same questions after being given answers.

I continue to place zero value on all your opinions.

You kind of do, as they were elected on the basis of their manifesto which was to deliver the withdrawal agreement. Otherwise surely any party can get elected on the promise that everyone with be millionaires after they're elected but then say they didn't mean it? 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

You kind of do, as they were elected on the basis of their manifesto which was to deliver the withdrawal agreement. Otherwise surely any party can get elected on the promise that everyone with be millionaires after they're elected but then say they didn't mean it? 🤷‍♂️

B BB B B but they did deliver it.

Just cos they are about to welsch on the deal makes no difference. It’s fine to be an international asshole if you are Boris Johnson.

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

B BB B B but they did deliver it.

Just cos they are about to welsch on the deal makes no difference. It’s fine to be an international asshole if you are Boris Johnson.

On 15/09/2020 at 11:04, Pettytom said:

The claims are being made by a man who has serious issues with the truth. But if you are happy to take the word of a notorious liar, that’s fine.

Boris got elected by promising to 'Get Brexit done' with an 'ovenready deal.'

He clearly hasn't. And the ovenready deal was a myth. 

Brexit is as big a mess as it ever was.

47 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They have honoured their manifesto pledge by getting Brexit done and leaving the EU on 31st January under the terms of the amended WA. I'm in my rights to support our elected government's belief that the EU haven't acted in good faith regarding the negotiations of a future free trade agreement. I'm in my rights to support the new domestic legislation which has been brought about because our elected government believe an insurance policy is needed due to the EU not acting in good faith and for the reason they can't be trusted.

You're confusing leaving the EU and negotiating a future free trade agreement with EU. The WA was an ovenready deal because as promised the UK left the EU on 31st January. Brexit has been completed. 

It doesn't look like you understand the WA any better than Johnson, Frost and UKIP/ERG/Tory company: the NI protocol is annexed to it, and has no exit or end clause. So no, NI hasn't left the EU I'm afraid.

That's why the Internal Market Bill was drafted to allow the governmemt to breach the WA (with Parliament's consent, by the latest amendment...but that doesn't change a thing, pragmatically).

The only confusion I'm seeing here, is yours, thinking that since the UK left the EU on paper (WA) last January, that paper can now be binned and you can do as you please. The problem for you is, that paper was a binding contract with surviving clauses (NI protocol applies if FTA not agreed). Ooops. Should have read the small print. 

You still have a choice, of course. Honour the contract. Or take your chances against its enforcement. But the US isn't bailing you out if you welsh.

Had to LOL at Duncan Smith' tirade at Joe Biden today. We're so far through the Brexit looking glass these days, as to have now reached the "we don't need a US trade deal anyway" stage 😂

So apparently we have given the contract to oversee control of our borders to an american company "Palantir"

so much for "taking back control" from foreign interferance :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/17/uk-awards-border-contract-to-firm-criticised-over-role-in-us-deportations

awesome, lets give all our border data to a foreign power

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

All very amusing. There will be a trade agreement between the UK& EU and there will be a trade agreement between the UK&US regardless of whoever is President. Old Man Biden won't have improved his chances of becoming President by showing he is anti British. 

Joe Biden hasn't shown himself to be anti British. What he has shown is that he is not in agreement and doesn't want to deal with countries not honoring contracts that they themselves (supposedly assuming Boris could bothered) helped devise and signed .  If anything he has shown himself to be pro Irish which will definitely have done him more good than bad  as far as the electorate is concerned.

Edited by Joe-b-1

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

All very amusing. There will be a trade agreement between the UK& EU and there will be a trade agreement between the UK&US regardless of whoever is President. Old Man Biden won't have improved his chances of becoming President by showing he is anti British. 

We might not, you know. If Boris persists with his silly line of attack, we’ll get nothing from the EU, or the US.

Mercifully, he’s showing signs of u-turning. Give it a week and he’ll be denying that it ever happened. Or blaming Matt Hancock.

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

The US is a garantor of the GFA. So is the EU. The IMB puts the kibosh on the GFA.

So there may eventually be an EU-UK deal and a US-UK deal, if Johnson u-turns completely on the IMB (amongst and besides other pending issues; e.g. like the UK confirming its post-WA food etc. standards to the EU if it wants to get 3rd party country status...you know, like *all other* non-EU/EFTA countries had to do, to get that status).

Until and unless then, there won't be any deal.

tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc