Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

it was always said the northern island border would be a problem,but boris said everything was fine and ready as he wrote it,alas not so and now its a big problem and everyone is wrong except him,what a mess.

But it wasnt common knowledge that it would be a big issue before the referendum

26 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You still haven’t told me what the EU have done to be considered to be negotiating in bad faith.

Until you can substantiate your claim, I don’t think I place much value on your other  opinions.

It's the usual unsubstantiated anti EU bias / blame we'd say would happen years ago. As soon as this row blew up the government went into overdrive to fan the brexit flames. Telling us it's that evil EUs fault, not idiocy and uturning from an incompetent government known for uturning

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

I've told you several times our elected government believe the EU have not acted in good faith. I don't have to justify supporting our elected government. You're not adding any value to the debate by repeating the same questions after being given answers.

I continue to place zero value on all your opinions.

But, you said that you believed that the EU wasn’t negotiating in good faith. Surely you must have a reason for that. A reason other than your fawning over Johnson and his bunch of charlatans.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

It's ironic remainers are complaining about our elected government introducing new domestic legislation which might override international law if a free trade agreement is no reached with the EU  when we had a parliament last year that introduced new laws to block the implementation of a democratic choice the British people made in 2016.

I don’t think that you understand what irony is.

Just now, West 77 said:

It's ironic remainers are complaining about our elected government introducing new domestic legislation which might override international law if a free trade agreement is no reached with the EU  when we had a parliament last year that introduced new laws to block the implementation of a democratic choice the British people made in 2016.

You won, we've left, you voted him in - it's all your fault. Fix it without shaming the country.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

But, you said that you believed that the EU wasn’t negotiating in good faith. Surely you must have a reason for that. A reason other than your fawning over Johnson and his bunch of charlatans.

Good faith?

"EU draws up plans to end food blockade threat 'within days' after sparking Boris fury"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1335832/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Northern-Ireland-food-blockade-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier-update

1 hour ago, retep said:

Good faith?

"EU draws up plans to end food blockade threat 'within days' after sparking Boris fury"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1335832/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Northern-Ireland-food-blockade-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier-update

I don’t see why that is negotiating in bad faith. The EU sought a guarantee that we would meet their food standards. They got it and all is well.

Looks like negotiating in good faith to me.

You did read the article, didn’t you?

33 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t see why that is negotiating in bad faith. The EU sought a guarantee that we would meet their food standards. They got it and all is well.

Looks like negotiating in good faith to me.

You did read the article, didn’t you?

The UK already has food and animal welfare standards probably beyond what the EU has, perhaps the UK should demand they come up to UK standards, I'm sure most of their products will fail the British Standards kite mark.

14 minutes ago, retep said:

The UK already has food and animal welfare standards probably beyond what the EU has, perhaps the UK should demand they come up to UK standards, I'm sure most of their products will fail the British Standards kite mark.

Before you typed that, did you stop to think  about where our current food standards originate?

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Before you typed that, did you stop to think  about where our current food standards originate?

LOL

thats twice youve mentioned things like Read and think

3 hours ago, retep said:

And what happens when Boris tries to get a trade deal with the US?

It's worth noting that the provisional one we've negotiated with Japan gives them 80% of the benefits - it's easy to get a trade deal when it's so one sided. The US is likely to drive an even harder bargain - especially if Donald "America First" Trump is still in charge.

4 hours ago, retep said:

Probably beyond? You're "sure" most of their products will fail?

What are the applicable British Standards for food production?

There are UK laws which enshrine parts of the relevant EU regulations into law. Much as there will be across the EU.

Where's any evidence that food production standards are generally higher in the UK, as compared to the rest of the EU?