Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

It takes two to tango. If the EU could be trusted and had acted in good faith then the British government wouldn't feel the need to introduce the new domestic legislation. I'm over the moon we have a British government that puts precedence of British law over international law. I'm delighted we have a British Prime Minister who is making Britain great again. I'm more proud to be British today than the same time last year when we had a British parliament containing a majority of British MPs who blocked the implementation of a democratic choice made by the British electorate. 

So kindly point out where the EU have changed the terms of (or proposed changes to) the Withdrawal Agreement.

18 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Daddy, Daddy, why are we in poverty?

Well, there was once this man who was an amazing story teller and who zipped down a wire like an amazing acrobat, and he told Daddy that he would make the country all good again, we would have control over everything, we would have a track and trace tool that would be world beating and  we would havea  moonshot - and that the world would be on their knees to trade with us...

Daddy, Daddy what happened?

Well, princess, what happened was that the many many sheep of the population who wanted to believe him, didn't read the facts, they didn't believe the tale the wicked experts were saying, telling them that the story teller was a buffoon who would tell everyone what they wanted to hear so that he wasn't kicked out of yet another job for lying (for indeed, he had been many times before). They ignored his track record of being nasty to his wife, of being rude to women, of poking fun at foreigners and of (allegedly) being violent to people (even suggesting that he would pay to kill someone) and then you know what happened princess?

No, what Daddy? What Daddy?

They voted him and his lapdogs into power and then he turned into this idiot who was only interested in his own life - it is alleged that his incompetence killed thousands of people, that his advisors sat in the Tower of Barnard and looked on the poor people they had locked in their own homes and laughed and laughed until his eyesight became so bad he had to return to the story teller's castle.

What happened next Daddy?

Well princess, this is when it gets really sad...

The story teller had signed a treaty with a neighbour and both were smiling about the treaty, but then the story teller decided that the treaty wasn't what he wanted (because he always wanted something else - when he was married, he wanted another woman, when he was an editor in a newspaper, he wanted another headline, so lied to get it) and so he said he wouldn't honour his word. And so the neighbour said that enough was enough and so the story teller's country was cast out into the wilderness...

And that, my princess, is why we are in poverty...

Pass the facemask please, princess, I can't get a test for 3 weeks because the NHS has no money because the story teller took all the money and gave it to the lawyers...

Can you pick up after yourself please? There's toys and dummies all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Can you pick up after yourself please? There's toys and dummies all over the place. 

Ahh, one of the proud to be in poverty people I guess - the ones who don't care that the PM has sold us down the river while feathering his own nest.

You must be really puffed up to be able to hold your head up and say - I support the lying cheating racist sexist people I voted in, and the debacle they have delivered for us - that was me that was - aren't I klever...?

Just now, Litotes said:

Ahh, one of the proud to be in poverty people I guess - the ones who don't care that the PM has sold us down the river while feathering his own nest.

You must be really puffed up to be able to hold your head up and say - I support the lying cheating racist sexist people I voted in, and the debacle they have delivered for us - that was me that was - aren't I klever...?

Not at all, when you don't even know my name, I'd refrain from assuming how I voted. Afterall, wouldn't want to tar everybody with the same brush. I just find your meltdowns hilarious. 

Comedy gold. But it's reactions and responses like yours that keep Boris doing what he's doing. 

The personal attacks can cease now. Debate like grown ups please. 

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

They voted him and his lapdogs into power and then he turned into this idiot

Turned into one?

On 11/09/2020 at 23:40, Dardandec said:

Turned into one?

Johnson set to opt out of human rights laws:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/12/boris-johnson-set-opt-human-rights-laws/

The great ‘Charter of Human Rights’ was envisioned by one Winston Churchill!

He  championed and advocated its creation.

It's eventual implementation was named the ECHR, the UK drafted the majority of the convention, and was the first signatory...

...so much for those Churchill comparisons :roll:

How low we have sunk :(

Former Prime Minister's Major and Blair who took us deeper and deeper into the EU without our consent are now moaning again about our decision to Leave the EU and breaking international law. 

Considering what these two have done to the country, and especially Tony Blair lecturing us on destabilising peace and the reputational damage of violating international law, I say bring on the No Deal Brexit.

Edited by Car Boot

Buckland says he would resign if the U.K. broke the law in a way that he finds unacceptable!

Politicians have a way with words .

I thought that breaking the law was unacceptable.

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Buckland says he would resign if the U.K. broke the law in a way that he finds unacceptable!

Politicians have a way with words .

I thought that breaking the law was unacceptable.

No surprise there, they have previous!

Like Nicky Morgans scruples... if whoever is offering a bung doesn't like them, she has others.

Edited by Magilla

17 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Former Prime Minister's Major and Blair who took us deeper and deeper into the EU without our consent are now moaning again about our decision to Leave the EU and breaking international law. 

Considering what these two have done to the country, and especially Tony Blair lecturing us on destabilising peace and the reputational damage of violating international law, I say bring on the No Deal Brexit.

So you want to break international law (like blair did) and you don't think that will hurt our international reputation (like the Iraq war did). 

Did somebody say double standards? 

Any way, what do you think about the Japan trade deal and specifically the bit about state aid? Or do we bin that as well as we see fit?

Its amazing how often this "international law" is broken.    Canada has broken it a few times - with illegal dumping and their change on cannabis use.

Even the EU themselves broke it a few days ago with regard to migrants.