7 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Well, I am due for my eyetest at some point 😂

Show me the way to Barnard Castle

My eyesights been giving me hassle

I'll wander round in Barnard Castle

'Cos Boris he can't sack me

Edited by Longcol

11 hours ago, West 77 said:

There was a legal expert on one of the News channels last night stating the UK won't be breaking international law because the EU haven't acted in good faith regarding the negotiations. 

Did that legal expert provide any evidence for that assertion?

Because unless it is proven, it's just a bare assertion, providing no firmer ground of justification than hearsay.

11 hours ago, West 77 said:

I doubt very much other countries care about the shenanigans regarding the current negotiations between the UK and EU.  The UK is the 5th largest economy globally meaning there will not be any shortage of countries wanting to trade with us regardless of how the current negotiations with the EU end. 

You should include some US channels in your news surfing.

Then observe what US Congressmen and Senators on both sides of each house are currently saying about a UK-US FTA, should the UK go ahead with its limited and specific law-breaking (the effect of which would breach the US-backed GFA).

It may surprise you to learn that Irish soft power goes a long way in the US. Far, far further than the 'special relationship'. Lots of heavy-duty political power with Irish stock on Congress and Senate benches, y'see.

Edited by L00b

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't care if the UK bend international law in order to change domestic law. No laws have been broken yet and it's clearly a negotiating tactic the UK government are using by showing the EU they won't stand any nonsense from them. As previously stated if the UK government chose to they could argue that no international law will be broken as a consequence of the EU not showing good faith in the trade negotiations.

I'm not disrespecting democracy because I support whatever our elected government do in order to achieve the best outcome when the transitional period ends.

Boris has plenty of form on law breaking.

I’m sad that you and your fellow Brexit evangelists think that breaking international law is ok. It really isn’t. I doubt that the EU will fall for such a crude negotiating strategy and it will adversely affect our chances of doing other deals with other blocs. It will likely cost us billions of pounds too if he goes through with it.

We all knew that Johnson couldn’t be trusted. It is appalling that his dishonesty has spread to the whole of the UK government 

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The electorate trusted Boris to get Brexit done. Nothing has changed.

The Conservatives were elected on a manifesto that promised to implement the withdrawal agreement. They should do their democratic duty.

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That agreement was implemented on 31st January. 

And it needs to stay that way.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

(...)

I don't need to view US channels because  It's old news about Nancy whatever she is called fantasising about blocking a US / UK freed trade agreement.

'old news about Nancy whatever'...

...the names you are wilfully ignorant of (quite clearly according to your reply) are Richard Neal (Congress, chair of the Ways & Means Cttee), Peter King,  Joe Biden. Amongst numerous notable others.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

I don't care if the UK bend international law in order to change domestic law. No laws have been broken yet and it's clearly a negotiating tactic the UK government are using by showing the EU they won't stand any nonsense from them. As previously stated if the UK government chose to they could argue that no international law will be broken as a consequence of the EU not showing good faith in the trade negotiations.

I'm not disrespecting democracy because I support whatever our elected government do in order to achieve the best outcome when the transitional period ends.

I don't need to view US channels because  It's old news about Nancy whatever she is called fantasising about blocking a US / UK freed trade agreement.

That’s such a sad post. This country’s word used to mean something, now you’re happy to flush it down the bog. Boris is happy to do it, the majority of Tory MPs are happy to do it, you’re clearly happy to drag this country’s name through the mud. It’s sad.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Total disrespect for international law.

This is a remarkable piece of legislation and it expressly contravenes our international legal obligations to a point that the legislation itself says this is the intention, as did Brandon Lewis [the Northern Ireland secretary] yesterday,” said Catherine Barnard, a professor of European law at Cambridge University, who added the bill was “really eye-watering” in its explicitness.

12 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

That’s such a sad post. This country’s word used to mean something, now you’re happy to flush it down the bog. Boris is happy to do it, the majority of Tory MPs are happy to do it, you’re clearly happy to drag this country’s name through the mud. It’s sad.

It really is, they bang on about honesty, democracy, Britain being a bastion of everything good in the world, yet the same people obsessed about something due to being fed lies and mistruths for decades and led get egged on by liars, cheats and backbiters and suddenly none of it matters anymore, really is a sad state of affairs, we really arent great anymore, nor a positive force in the world :(

We are a bunch of self serving, backwards thinking, lying, cheating, wanna be racists, and get what we deserve with this whole farce...NOTHING :(

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

The Conservatives were elected on a manifesto that promised to implement the withdrawal agreement. They should do their democratic duty.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

That agreement was implemented on 31st January. 

And comes into act at the end of this year with the promises that were made in place - if these promises are changed (without any democratic process) then can we renege on the other parts of the agreement? Like leaving?

More leavers are waking up to smell the roses and are changing their mind every day - perhaps it is now time for another referendum...

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

It really is, they bang on about honesty, democracy, Britain being a bastion of everything good in the world, yet the same people obsessed about something due to being fed lies and mistruths for decades and led get egged on by liars, cheats and backbiters and suddenly none of it matters anymore, really is a sad state of affairs, we really arent great anymore, nor a positive force in the world :(

We are a bunch of self serving, backwards thinking, lying, cheating, wanna be racists, and get what we deserve with this whole farce...NOTHING :(

Sounds like we are copying the moral standards of our lying cheating sexist racist PM...

31 minutes ago, West 77 said:

We heard all that fake news about leavers changing their mind every day for over three years after the 2016 eu referendum.  You need to wake up and smell the coffee as we have already left the eu and it's too late for another referendum thanks to all those leavers who didn't change their mind and gave Boris an eighty seat majority in last December's general election.

We have joined it once before and will do it again...

Boris is burning his majority at a frantic rate - KS will be next PM and we'll be back in the EU in 8 years time...

The lying sexist racist cheating buffoon called Boris is being shown the door by the electorate, the conservatives and his family.