Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

In real life I don't know anyone who is worried about Brexit including some who voted to remain.  Any anxiety if it really exists has been created by social media remain supporters and journalists.

I’m not worried. I’ve already replenished my stockpile that I ran down during lockdown.

I’d advise you all to do the same. Food supply chains are very fragile things and no deal will seriously mess things up

20 hours ago, West 77 said:

There have been numerous announcements from the Chancellor regarding measures to help with the Covid-19 pandemic.  The only time I recall an emergency budget regarding Brexit being mentioned was before the referendum when Cameron or Osbourne said an emergency budget would be required immediately  if the UK voted to leave the EU. This turned out to be nothing more than scaremongering from the remain camp.  The pain being felt is a consequence of Covid-19 and not Brexit.

And so it begins. Brexiteer lacks the moral fibre to own what they voted for. Unsurprising.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

In real life I don't know anyone who is worried about Brexit including some who voted to remain.  Any anxiety if it really exists has been created by social media remain supporters and journalists.

So that covers about half of those that voted.

I’m not sure that worry and anxiety are adjectives that cover most people’s emotions at this stage.

That will only apply in due course to those who lose their livelihood and that may be the outcome for some whether they voted for or against Brexit.

For the rest I think that many remain totally sceptical of any tangible benefits but so what.We have our sovereignty.

23 hours ago, West 77 said:

This turned out to be nothing more than scaremongering from the remain camp.

A significant proportion of claims made by remain dismissed at the time as "Project Fear" have already materialised.

... so, only if you're wilfully avoiding looking :?

23 hours ago, West 77 said:

The pain being felt is a consequence of Covid-19 and not Brexit.

Of course, we're still enjoying all the benefits of EU membership! :?

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

So that covers about half of those that voted.

I’m not sure that worry and anxiety are adjectives that cover most people’s emotions at this stage.

That will only apply in due course to those who lose their livelihood and that may be the outcome for some whether they voted for or against Brexit.

For the rest I think that many remain totally sceptical of any tangible benefits but so what.We have our sovereignty.

I've yet to hear a single one. At least, one that isn't a soundbite. 

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not worried. I’ve already replenished my stockpile that I ran down during lockdown.

I’d advise you all to do the same. Food supply chains are very fragile things and no deal will seriously mess things up

Brexit caused issues, then we had COVID shortages; soon it will be Christmas, on top of all the rest.

On 29/08/2020 at 18:54, Magilla said:

A significant proportion of claims made by remain dismissed at the time as "Project Fear" have already materialised.

... so, only if you're wilfully avoiding looking :?

Of course, we're still enjoying all the benefits of EU membership! :?

I've yet to hear of a single 'Project Fear' claim become reality.

Not a single one.

At least, one that isn't a soundbite. 

56 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You're wasting your time trying to scaremonger now we've left the EU and the Tory party have an eighty seat majority. 

I’m not scaremongering at all. The government themselves accept the potential for serious disruption to the food supply and medical supplies in the event of no deal.

In my opinion, you’d need to be especially stupid to ignore the danger and fail to prepare.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not scaremongering at all. The government themselves accept the potential for serious disruption to the food supply and medical supplies in the event of no deal.

In my opinion, you’d need to be especially stupid to ignore the danger and fail to prepare.

I think your statements are very inflammatory.

the government you widely deride has set out circumstances that could occur in a worst case scenario.

the suggestion that we would be short of food and a purification chemical for water is daft.

the potential shortages of imported foods are largely  those that  by no means require any necessity to stockpile.

Why are you so devoted to the government on this subject?

2 minutes ago, HeyBrother said:

I think your statements are very inflammatory.

the government you widely deride has set out circumstances that could occur in a worst case scenario.

the suggestion that we would be short of food and a purification chemical for water is daft.

the potential shortages of imported foods are largely  those that  by no means require any necessity to stockpile.

Why are you so devoted to the government on this subject?

I’m more curious about why you are so interested in me. You’ve been following me around for a couple of days. Why is that?

As for stockpiling, I will do what I think is right.

You are free to starve/ pay 30% more for basic foods if you wish.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

I’m more curious about why you are so interested in me. You’ve been following me around for a couple of days. Why is that?

As for stockpiling, I will do what I think is right.

You are free to starve/ pay 30% more for basic foods if you wish.

Because you could be  scaring people unnecessarily- no one is going to starve - you do what you want.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I've yet to hear of a single 'Project Fear' claim become reality.

Not a single one.

At least, one that isn't a soundbite. 

The major fear that was stoked up was that of hordes of foreigners,whether they be EU citizens or not invading the U.K. and destroying the economy and the British way of life.

It appealed to the more xenophobic (and worse) aspects of the population and was plainly sufficient to turn a minority view into a slight majority.

Absolutely shameful and cynical manipulation  on the part of Farage and others on the right wing.