Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It's an interesting article for historical value, RJRB, but its 'rejoin' logic is premised entirely on the holding of a new 'Brejoin' referendum.

That is highly unlikely for a period of years (5) at the very earliest, and more likely the decade or two that it will take to switch the British political majority back towards a social democracy, after the current populist autocracy experiment fails.

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

It's an interesting article for historical value, RJRB, but its 'rejoin' logic is premised entirely on the holding of a new 'Brejoin' referendum.

That is highly unlikely for a period of years (5) at the very earliest, and more likely the decade or two that it will take to switch the British political majority back towards a social democracy, after the current populist autocracy experiment fails.

All too true and the best that I can hope for is that the forthcoming deadlines and negotiations are tempered by current realities.

8 hours ago, RJRB said:

Stated it  once before & I'll state it again, it's like dealing with Sisyphus. See post 241. 

Keep endlessly pushing that 2nd referendum boulder up that hill. 

Edited by Baron99

And I repeat Pyrrhic Victory

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

And I repeat Pyrrhic Victory

A win is a win, as far as the majority are concerned.  A majority win in the EU referendum, further backed up by a decisive General Election result where the electorate turned its back on those offering any 2nd EU referendum or revoking the whole lot in favour of staying in the EU.

Now let's forget about all this 2nd referendum nonsense & move on.  Really, people who are still going on about a referendum result that happened nearly 4 years ago, really do need refocus their perspective & channel their energy into something more worthwhile & productive. 

I don’t think that there will be a second referendum.

What I do think is that current circumstances highlight the need for the closest cooperation between all countries is of paramount importance.

Anyone who cannot see that the go it alone jingoistic claptrap of the far right is detrimental to us all is stuck in a 4 year old time warp.

We are moving on but perhaps not as anticipated.

So the softest of Brexit and the closest of relationships.

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

I don’t think that there will be a second referendum.

What I do think is that current circumstances highlight the need for the closest cooperation between all countries is of paramount importance.

Anyone who cannot see that the go it alone jingoistic claptrap of the far right is detrimental to us all is stuck in a 4 year old time warp.

We are moving on but perhaps not as anticipated.

So the softest of Brexit and the closest of relationships.

Detrimental? Nowadays it is *actually* killing...and yet look at the approval ratings.

As I posted, 10 to 20 years before the scales fall off from enough eyes, to matter politically. Same story elsewhere similar: US, Hungary, Poland...

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Detrimental? Nowadays it is *actually* killing...and yet look at the approval ratings.

As I posted, 10 to 20 years before the scales fall off from enough eyes, to matter politically. Same story elsewhere similar: US, Hungary, Poland...

Edited by RJRB

Farming is facing a monumental crisis. Watching Channel 4 reporting that up to 90% of the asparagus crop will go unpicked unless British workers pick up jobs. The EU migrant labour has stopped coming and Covid hasn't helped. That's just one crop.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Sorry about#278

Was just trying to add that I will be interested to see how approval ratings trend both here and the US.

Hopefully cometh the hour ,cometh the man.(or woman)

11 hours ago, RJRB said:

Sorry about#278

Was just trying to add that I will be interested to see how approval ratings trend both here and the US.

Hopefully cometh the hour ,cometh the man.(or woman)

Well, after this morning's news, they're not likely to fall in the US: Trump has minions on the ground in China with cases full of cash, hijack-buying every consignment of masks in sight on tarmacs, sometimes at 3x the price, and sod the original purchasers.

French local authorities have had several millions hijacked like that, would not surprise me one bit if likewise for other countries, including the UK.