Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, altus said:

It would have been worse.

Given the Anti-Jewish legislation in pre-war Nazi Germany anybody suggesting it wouldn't have happened without outside interference is at best not even in denial but an out and out apologist.

Why would it have been worse, what could be worse than the Holocaust  and a World war killing millions?

34 minutes ago, retep said:

Why would it have been worse, what could be worse than the Holocaust  and a World war killing millions?

What makes you think the Holocaust and a world war wouldn't have happened? I've given examples of the Nazi's attitude to Jews in an earlier post. Hitler's plan for a New Order envisaged him, after conquering/annexing Europe and Africa, attacking the USA. Technically it might not have counted as a world war because he wouldn't have been fighting everyone at once but would have involved fighting the same people and the death total would have been similar if not greater.

49 minutes ago, retep said:

Not all jews etc were killed, LOTS more could've if the world didn't interfere

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Not all jews etc were killed, LOTS more could've if the world didn't interfere

Indeed. Part of the "outside interference" was us taking in Jewish refugees.

36 minutes ago, altus said:

What makes you think the Holocaust and a world war wouldn't have happened? I've given examples of the Nazi's attitude to Jews in an earlier post. Hitler's plan for a New Order envisaged him, after conquering/annexing Europe and Africa, attacking the USA. Technically it might not have counted as a world war because he wouldn't have been fighting everyone at once but would have involved fighting the same people and the death total would have been similar if not greater.

We know the Holocaust and the World war Happened, we also know there was outside interference which led to the slaughter of millions, we have some knowledge of how the Jews were persecuted, but only supposition of what would have happened to them if the World war hadn't intervened.

4 minutes ago, retep said:

We know the Holocaust and the World war Happened, we also know there was outside interference which led to the slaughter of millions, we have some knowledge of how the Jews were persecuted, but only supposition of what would have happened to them if the World war hadn't intervened.

'We stopped him from doing what he said he was planning to do therefore saying what he was planning to do is only supposition' is not a convincing argument.

Wow. 

Brexit really has led a lot of right wingers to feel emboldened  to share their noxious views. We’ve got full on eugenicists and Nazi sympathisers loose on this thread.

I am becoming ashamed of this country and many of my fellow citizens.

22 minutes ago, retep said:

I can't believe I'm actually reading this.

21 minutes ago, altus said:

'We stopped him from doing what he said he was planning to do therefore saying what he was planning to do is only supposition' is not a convincing argument.

How did we stop him, are you saying there was no Holocaust.

23 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Wow. 

Brexit really has led a lot of right wingers to feel emboldened  to share their noxious views. We’ve got full on eugenicists and Nazi sympathisers loose on this thread.

I am becoming ashamed of this country and many of my fellow citizens.

It turns out the woman I mentioned earlier on last nights QT is in Tommy Robinson’s fan club. 

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I can't believe I'm actually reading this.

I can't believe you brought Hitler into the thread you seem obsessed with the fella.

58 minutes ago, retep said:

How did we stop him, are you saying there was no Holocaust.

Are you just playing at being stupid .

The Holocaust happened,Mengeles headed a eugenics programme.

These programmes based on lunatic beliefs would have continued for longer without outside influence.

Or do you see it otherwise.

Just to keep the subject somewhat on track,one consequence of Brexit that I do not want is that the far right who led the call for Brexit,largely by appealing to some of our populations baser instincts,are reined back by the moderates.

Unfortunately it does seem that some fruitcakes are emboldened  by the message that they are hearing from this government.